“Lovely building and friendly staff”

Kings Head Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 102 Restaurants in Ross-on-Wye
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Cuisines: European, French, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for an evening meal. The building is lovely and so full of character, we loved relaxing in the quiet bar area full of books and cozy chairs before our meal.
Our meals would have to have mixed reviews as I personally loved mine but my husband didnt like his. I had the hake with garlic mash(which was particularly nice) everything on my plate was tasty. My husband had the steak burger but he described it as dry and the chips as only tasting of oil which was a bit of a let down. I think we would visit again but just be careful what we order..I would definitely eat my choice again though.
The only thing thar could be slightly improved wirh service was that we weren't asked if everything was ok when taking our plates away...I feel this would help as they would be able to get constructive feedback and also make the customers feel really valued.
All in all it was lovely and we would eat there again.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 30 July 2016

The Kings Head in Ross on Wye is like moving back into history. It is not an over-elaborate inn, but the owners and the staff make it a pleasure to be there.

The historic atmosphere is practically palpable.

It is very near the shopping centre, the River Wye and not far away is the book-lovers' haven Hay on Wye. Symonds Yat (a must to visit) is quite near.

A great base for touring.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 26 July 2016

We visited the Kings Head for an evening meal. They were very busy, but the excellent staff found us a table after a short wait.
Both our meals were excellent in presentation and quality. The staff even though very busy were fist class and pleasant.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Called in with wife, grandson and dog for morning voffee after shopping in town.
Good coffees and cakes.
Pleasant surroundings and more importantly dogs are welvome!

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a celebration so decided to use the restaurant again with the £5 voucher you receive if staying in the hotel. Service on a very warm evening was excellent and again the food was as good as it gets. I had the rump of Welsh beef cooked med/rare and it was melt in your mouth with excellent chips and the best peppercorn sauce I have had. My wife had the chicken and again spot on . We both enjoyed our puddings of Eton mess and a serving of ice cream. The only downside for me was the heat in the restaurant maybe a fan blowing some air through would help. Can't recommend this restaurant enough well worth the trip from Bristol.