We stayed at Glewstone Court for just one night, for my birthday and what a treat it was! From the moment we arrived ( Ding donging the bell of the 1820 Regency mansion!) the welcome was warm and extremely hospitable. A magnificent house with open fires in all the reception rooms.Food was amazing .The lovely personal touches of a small hand made flower garden posy presented to me by Bill the host with my pre dinner wine and a card on our dinner table was just lovely.For a fleeting moment when i came down the stairs in the morning to see someone cleaning the open fire i thought i was in Downton Abbey! Minus the beautiful dress of course....Thank you to Bill, Marlene & the rest of your staff.We hope Bill junior makes a speedy recovery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glewstone Court is an iconic Country Manor House dating back to 1709 with Georgian and Regency features. You approach the property past an awesome 300 year old Cedar of Lebanon. Glewstone was a finalist for the Restaurant of the Year and Breakfast of the Year in "Flavours of Herefordshire", Our food is innovative and prepared from good, fresh local ingredients; organic and free-range whenever possible. It has a comfortable atmosphere that permeates the bedrooms, lounge bar and restaurants. Herefordshire is superb walking county and although the Hotel is a 'hidden gem', you're still only 3 miles from Ross-on-Wye. Alternatively, relax by the log fires, or on fine days, or laze in the garden with a glass of beer, wine or bubbly! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Glewstone Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glewstone Court Hotel Ross-On-Wye
- Glewstone Court Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire