We are touring the area in our motorhome and staying at the hollymount caravan club cl site half a mile down the road from glewstone court. Being a rainy day and arriving wet with 2 young children and a baby in a muddy pram I wasn't sure we'd be welcome. I apprehensively put my head round the door to enquire if they were still serving lunch and was met with a very warm welcome and encouraged to come in, pram and all!!
The food was good, the sloe gin & damson and the salted caramel ice creams have to be the best ice cream I have ever tasted. The waitresses were attentive and the bar and restaurant had a lovely, relaxing, homely feel.....a great way to spend a wet Wednesday afternoon, thank you!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glewstone Court is an iconic Country Manor House dating back to 1709 with Georgian and Regency features. You approach the property past an awesome 300 year old Cedar of Lebanon. Glewstone was a finalist for the Restaurant of the Year and Breakfast of the Year in "Flavours of Herefordshire", Our food is innovative and prepared from good, fresh local ingredients; organic and free-range whenever possible. It has a comfortable atmosphere that permeates the bedrooms, lounge bar and restaurants. Herefordshire is superb walking county and although the Hotel is a 'hidden gem', you're still only 3 miles from Ross-on-Wye. Alternatively, relax by the log fires, or on fine days, or laze in the garden with a glass of beer, wine or bubbly! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Glewstone Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glewstone Court Hotel Ross-On-Wye
- Glewstone Court Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire