The grand looking Glewstone Court, owned by Bill and Christine, is situated amongst lovely countryside and is a great base to explore the local attractions of Ross-on-Wye, Symonds Yat, and the Forest of Dean. Bill, our host is a true gentleman and nothing was too much trouble; jovially serving a wonderful breakfast for the five mornings we were there. Our bedroom was comfortable, spacious, clean and tidy; ample room for us and our large dog, who also had the use of a doggy blanket and feeding mats. Although we did not use the restaurant and bar, many locals came to the hotel to dine and use the bar.
We will definitely visit again, to walk in the wonderful countryside and sample Bill's, and his excellent teams, hospitality. Thank you Bill and Christine for a lovely stay - our battery's are truly charged!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glewstone Court is an iconic Country Manor House dating back to 1709 with Georgian and Regency features. You approach the property past an awesome 300 year old Cedar of Lebanon. Glewstone was a finalist for the Restaurant of the Year and Breakfast of the Year in "Flavours of Herefordshire", Our food is innovative and prepared from good, fresh local ingredients; organic and free-range whenever possible. It has a comfortable atmosphere that permeates the bedrooms, lounge bar and restaurants. Herefordshire is superb walking county and although the Hotel is a 'hidden gem', you're still only 3 miles from Ross-on-Wye. Alternatively, relax by the log fires, or on fine days, or laze in the garden with a glass of beer, wine or bubbly! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Glewstone Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glewstone Court Hotel Ross-On-Wye
- Glewstone Court Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire