“Very good service...”

Price range: US$3 - US$22
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: From a great selection of drinks, to all the best sporting action, to pub quizzes and live music. Get involved in as little or as much as you'd like in the heart of your local community.
Reviewed 8 August 2016

The food is fantastic and lots of it...this is our second visit and we will be back great pub..great beer garden...great staff.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

This place doesn't look great on the outside, but has a really nice beer garden and pleasant bar interior. Dog friendly as well. Had Sunday lunch which was really good, plenty of fresh veg, really tasty cauliflower cheese. All in all a winner. Staff friendly well worth a visit.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank AngHegan
Reviewed 29 July 2016

we were looking for a place for lunch and a local lady said the Eagle is good. so we called in to try it, all I can say is we were blown away by the food, everything was prepared fresh so took a little while but it was certainly worth waiting for.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank richard c
Reviewed 26 July 2016

We called in the Eagle for a drink and some lunch. The 'door stopper sandwich' is a challenge and well worth a try!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank John B
Reviewed 15 June 2016

As a Cask Marque Ambassador, I like to visit Cask Marque pubs when I travel and this is one such pub. It looks like a traditional pub on the outside but when you step inside it's been refurbished in to a modern sports bar. Personally I liked the décor but that's secondary as I am there for the real ale! They had two on, one local (Wye Valley HPA) and one other - unfortunately for me it was one of the local brews from where I live (Greene King IPA). Bar lady was very friendly and took time to answer my questions about the recent refurbishments, facilities (pool room and beer garden out the back) and the future plans for refurbishment. Beer quality was good - I tried both just to be sure :-). Also got talking to a couple of locals who were friendly.

Date of visit: June 2016