“Birthday ”

Avellino Italian restaurant
Ranked #5 of 102 Restaurants in Ross-on-Wye
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

Me and my family came here for my uncles birthday. Next to great service the staff used their creativity to make our plane chocolate cake look fantastic when they brought it out after our food, we thought that was very thoughtful. Very friendly staff with beautiful food! Highly recommend

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

This visit included two children (one fussy), my husband and I (a veggie). The service was superb (polite, friendly and attentive) and the food was outstanding. Our six year old was particularly impressed by the lovely smelling toilets (!?!), our eight year old by the garlic bread with mozzarella and my husband by the batter on the calamari. My calzone with spinach and jalapeños was gi-normous and beautifully spiced. A cut above the average high street restaurant, it is a little more pricey which reflects this, but definitely, definitely, definitely worth the visit and we expect to return very soon. We didn't check out the gluten and dairy-free options which may be an issue if we take the wider family.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Really good food and friendly staff. I went early so got a table easily, but any later in the evening and I suspect booking would have been essential.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

We went in the Avellino without a booking. We were told we could have a table so long as they could have the table back within an hour and a half. This was fine for my partner and I as we were only planning on having a main and then leaving anyway. The staff were attentive and the food was fantastic! The price wasn't bad either!
We would happily go back again but next time we would book ahead as it is obviously a popular place to eat.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 29 July 2016

We visited this restaurant whilst on holiday and found the food superb. The service was excellent and very friendly.Excellent sea food pasta.

Date of visit: July 2016