Open today: 10:00 - 16:00
Review Highlights
Beautiful

Lovely working farm would never have known it was there unless we researched the location! Friendly... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Basham180
Corby, United Kingdom
via mobile
Lovely trip, a hidden gem in Rutland

We took our Grandaughter here after moving to Rutland and seeing the signs about the farm, she... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Minimo M
Oakham, United Kingdom

All reviews lovely farm small farm lovely play area working farm feeding the animals guinea pigs play barn great trip few hours cakes couple of hours tea room goats calf pens mud pellets
Reviewed 24 August 2018

I visited with my grandchildren aged 10 and 12 today. We all loved the farm park, which was bigger than we expected, and it’s gorgeous animals. There was a picnic area, cafe, small shop area and play area for smaller children. We bought two big bags of food for 50p each and enjoyed feeding the goats, sheep and alpacas. Not long since the farm park reopened and it is obviously still being built up, but they are doing a great job.

2  Thank suemarb
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I first came to the farm park for the opening event last year and in the year since have on quite a few occasions I have visited the tea room in passing for coffee and cake (Not local but have family in the area). Last Saturday however I was in the area again and so decided to visit with my 2 year old for a proper trip around the actual farm park itself. He loved it, we spent nearly 3 hours there. We had a lovely lunch and the cream tea didn't disappoint either. For smaller children it's a good size and my son had great fun walking around seeing all the animals. The play barn is also pretty good, although was obviously well used and could of done with a bit of a tidy around but I'm sure this would have done at the end of the day.
My son particularly liked the tractor Ted ride in the tea room and liked the ride on tractors in the play area.
I can see there are areas that are in need of some work still but after speaking to someone who runs the farm, it seems there is quite a lot in the pipeline which sounds exciting so will be nice to see new things and improved areas like the small animal area (rabbits and guinea pigs).
I would certainly come back with my son again and recommend it for parents/carers who want to get out somewhere for a few hours. I'll also be trying the afternoon tea next time I am in the area as that looks lovely too.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited here during a recent 2 day break. This farm is only suitable for the younger children. It was a very warm day and there was not much opportunity to escape the heat. A lot of the animals appear to be moved from hutches to viewing pens. This seemed a bit odd as I have not seen this before. There seemed to be some play areas but although we didn't have our son's who are 10 and 11 with us they would have been too old for this anyway. Although you can buy food to feed the animals i didn't see any where to hold them. I would not visit again but this may have appealed to us when our son's were younger. It would be worth putting up more information around the park or pointing out which animals are rescue animals.

1  Thank Inez S
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Have just thoroughly enjoyed a Summer Sunday here in gorgeous county. Well worth a visit and your support needed so further ideas can be put in place. Plenty of animals to see feed and hold. Lovely feel to place. Geese free in yard and animals all well cared for and friendly as are staff. Clean facilities. Good cafe for indoor and outdoor eating. Lovely play area with shade too. And ice cream..what more could you want!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This was our 2nd trip to the Rutland Farm Park, last year we went on the opening day so expected it to be brilliant and it was. The best thing thing is it was just as good this year too, which shows they're making a brilliant effort to continue the hard work!!
Our little 3 year is very interested in animals (as most are) and farms especially the machinery, the park and getting to feed the animals. Well priced with a lovely little cafe and we had a great time, it's so much fun to see the excitement in the children, we'll definitely be back - keep up the good work!

Date of experience: May 2018