“Great Experience for all”

Simon Tebbutt Falconry
Ranked #10 of 21 things to do in Oakham
Loughborough, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Experience for all”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Booked this on Amazon Local for me and a friend.I have been on 2 other similar events with other falconry groups.This one was an excellent informative, fun and hands on 2 hours.Both Simon and his helper were great and we had a fabulous time and he made excellent opportunities for you to get some great photos.
Would recommend this to anyone of all ages as he made time for the young ones to be involved.

1 Thank zorda1234

Eastwood, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FANTASTIC DAY”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had an amazing 2 hours experience with simon tebbutt falconry my son loved it, worth every penny. thankyou for a brilliant 2 hours with the birds we learned so much

1 Thank Sarah W
Loughborough, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The elusive Mr Tebbutt”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I cannot comment on the falconry experience I was bought as a gift, as I was unable to actually book my experience. I did phone Mr Tebbutt several times on both the landline and the mobile number provided and actually spoke to him on at least 4 occasions. He was off-hand, irritable and rude on every occasion and I was made to feel that I was causing him an inconvenience by trying to make my booking. My various attempts to make the booking over the course of several days were frustrating to say the least: I usually got an answer machine informing me 'We are out flying birds at the moment, please try after 6pm' and no opportunity to leave a message; when I did get hold of Mr Tebbut on the first occasion, he told me he was out with the birds (in a tone of voice which implied I should know that though telepathy!) and couldn't do it now, could he?; on the second occasion he informed me , again in an irritated tone, that the computer system had been just turned off so he couldn't do the booking (but it was after 6pm as instructed by voicemail!); on the third occasion he was 'busy' and could I phone the next day at 5.30?; No answer on landline the next day at 5.30 and he also ignored his mobile...for the rest of the evening!
My friend who bought me the voucher contacted Amazon today for a refund. Amazon also tried to make the booking on my behalf...needless to say, Mr Tebbutt was just as 'unhelpful' and my friend will be receiving her refund!
Having looked at some of the other reviews, I am actually glad I didn't get to go on my experience.
My advice? Do NOT purchase a voucher for this experience - he clearly wants the money but doesn't seem to want to fulfil his obligations!
NB I have had to rate the place as if I did go so I can place my review.

8 Thank maxine m