“Less than ideal”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Newport Pagnell
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Less than ideal”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Arrived late - walked through an unlocked side entrance and all through the hotel without seeing a single member of staff.
The bed was incredibly uncomfortable and lumpy - was two singles pushed together with a very uncomfortable ridge down the middle.
When I mentioned on checkout that I had specifically booked a king size room and that it was 2 singles pushed together I was informed this is Holiday Inn policy!
Won't be returning

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Gerry R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor experience you had. I have addressed these issues with the team here at the hotel in order to improve our product for future guests.

If you would like to discuss your experience further please do not hesitate to get in contact with myself on gm.himiltonkeynes@kewgreen.co.uk.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Attended a wedding reception at hotel and stayed overnight. Both were excellent in terms of catering quality, helpful service from staff and comfortable bedroom (also quiet!). The outdoor courtyard was also very pleasant. Recommended!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

We are delighted you had a great time. I have shared your positive comments with the team here at the hotel.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had our wedding at the hotel and it went as smoothly as I would have wished. From the time we booked last year until the day itself (and beyond) we received friendly, courteous and efficient service. Sadhana was so helpful and really helped the day go smoothly Everything was as it should be and nothing was too much trouble when we asked. The ceremony room looked lovely and the pillars restaurant was perfect for our reception and the tables looked lovely. There was a second wedding after ours but it had no impact at all on our wedding or the service we received. We had a few of our guest also staying at the hotel and everyone seemed to be happy with their rooms. Breakfast was good and we had tables reserved for the morning which made everything easier. We had lots of positive comments from our guests about our day. Thank you very much.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Gerry R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
We are all delighted here at the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East that the team here were able to contribute to your special day in such a positive way. Sadhana and her team great pride in what they do and I am delighted that this shone through.
Please accept my best wishes for the future.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed for two night while attending a wedding this weekend, 24th/25th April!

From the the moment we checked in everything was good, checking in went smoothly, our room was clean and comfortable! On the Thursday evening we ate in the bar and the food exceeded our expectations.

The weeding itself went well as far a we could tell being guests. There was another wedding on at the same day but you would have never have known.

We left the bar just before 4 am and I would like to add the bar staff were all attentive even produced a cheese and pickle sandwich for one of our party with a smile!

Value you for money

All in all we have a greqt stay and would come back when visiting family that live in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Gerry R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

We are delighted that you had a great time attending the wedding you were a guest at. We take great pride in our customer service and I am delighted that you felt you were well looked after.

I hope to see you return in the near future.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My daughter had her wedding day here on Saturday 19th April and I could not have wished for better sevice from the friendly staff, Shadona was so helpful and put us all at our ease,We have had such lovely comments from our wedding guests,and some had traveled from overseas, the day and evening went so well I would like to do it all over again :-))

Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Gerry R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Sharon G,

We are all delighted here at the hotel that we contributed to your daughter's day in such a special way. I have shared your comments and passed your thanks on to Sadhana - who I am delighted looked after you all in such a memorable way.

Please pass our good luck wishes on to your daughter and new Son-In -Law.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Well what can I say apart from the fact that I had my wedding here last week I couldn't of asked for anything more the rooms the staff the dj the food the set up of my wedding the friendliness was everything I had hoped for and a whole lot more the staff and managers were fantastic the children enjoyed being able to run around with no one moaning and the staff do absolutely everything for you I wouldn't of changed a thing and the beds are Hugh and the breakfast is the best I've had so so much choice and the price is defiantly the best for everything you get the lady arranging it all the manager sadhana was there buy my side all day and night making sure everything was perfect I couldn't be happier x thank u Holliday in for making my wedding perfect x

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Bevbat,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your special day with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

I have shared your comments with the team here at the hotel. We pride ourselves on what we offer on occasions such as weddings and I am delighted that we pleased you in every way.

We wish you both all the very best for the future and hope to see you return to celebrate your first anniversary!
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Having visited the hotel on 2 previous occasions for friends weddings, it was definitely the perfect place for mine. We had the wonderful Laura as our co-ordinator, along with Jessica, and both ladies were amazing. They genuinely could not do enough for us, and they helped make our planning a whole lot easier.

I arrived on the Friday before my wedding, with my 5 years old daughter to a very warm welcome and the lovely Scottish lady on reception even made a phone call to my husband-to-be's cousin, to let her know we had arrived and what room we were in, so that we could have a catch up before my family and friends arrived later that day.

The wonderful Shadhana - who truly deserves the praise she has in previous reviews - was THE person who ensured that my whole day ran smoothly, that both my fiancee and I had everything we needed and that as our wedding day went on, we were happy how it was going. Thank you Shadhana, you really were my wedding day angel.

The food was fabulous too -actually even better than when we had our tasting - and all our guests were impressed with how piping hot and delicious it was and the variety of yummy food in the evening buffet was also a big talking point.

There was so much choice for breakfast, and we managed to catch up with everyone the morning after, who complimented the comfy beds and quietness of the hotel.

All in all I had 120 very happy guests and a wedding day I can look back on with fabulous memories.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Julie,

We are delighted that we could contribute to your special day in such a wonderful way. I have shared your comments with the team here at the hotel, specifically with Sadhana, Laura and Jess - and they thank you for your kind words.
We wish you all the very best for the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport Pagnell
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
#4 of 34 in Milton Keynes
Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)

Been to Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14? Share your experiences!