“Nice hotel but crazy wifi costs”

Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Newport Pagnell
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice and comfortable hotel. There was a wedding on but the room was still quiet despite the disco. The one complaint is the ridiculous cost of wifi. 14.95 for 24 hours of internet access. My monthly broadband contract with unlimited downloads is less than that. So many hotels these days have free wifi but some like this continue to rip people off. It may not sound like much but this will stop me from staying here again despite a really nice room, staff and breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Barrmur,
Thank-you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay overall, in particular the room, breakfast and staff. However I am disappointed to hear that the cost of WiFi detracted from your overall stay. Members of our free to join IHG rewards club do benefit from complimentary WiFi, next time you stay in one of our hotels please enquiry about enrolling so you too can take advantage of this benefit. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had our wedding day here on May 4th 2014 and from start to finish the day was amazing. The staff are very helpful and made our day flow with ease. The wedding team are exceptional especially Shadonna who I could not have coped without and was sad when her shift ended. I would recommend this as a wedding venue it is a beautiful Georgian manor house and for the price it is well worth it and we would love to relive our day again and again. The staff Definately make this hotel a credit to the Holiday Inn chain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank-you for taking your time to share your comments with us at the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East. We are all delighted that you had such an enjoyable wedding day and that the team here were able to contribute to your special day in such a positive way. Sadhana and her team take great pride in what they do and I am delighted that this shone through. Please accept my best wishes for the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have stayed here many times on business and although it's a one of a 'corporate-y' hotel chain, we like staying here because the staff are really lovely - SO helpful and friendly and always so welcoming. We often arrive too late to want to eat, but when we do arrive a little earlier we choose from the room service menu which is great - the food is interesting, tasty, hot and fresh. The rooms are a little tired and have 4'6" beds - not ideal as we are both 6' - and these days I do think that a 5' should be standard! The hotel is really quiet which is amazing when you think that it's so close to the M1! The bathrooms are fine - clean and functional with a good shower - but again are a little tired and dated.Recommended - and it's absolutely the staff who make it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East. We are delighted that you had a good stay, in particular that you found the team and service here at the hotel friendly and polite. At Holiday Inn, we have pride in our people and I am pleased this shone through.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have stayed here twice now and both time I have had a very enjoyable stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful and your made to feel welcome. Great value for money and good food. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear 070507,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East. I have shared your positive comments with the team here at the hotel, who will be happy to know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We attended a lovely wedding over the Easter weekend at the Holiday Inn. Every aspect of the wedding was perfect. The food, the service, the venue, were all of a very high standard.

However on returning to our room at 11pm - after a very long and happily exhausting day - we found that another wedding reception was continuing very, very close to our room. Just a few meters away, across a small court yard we had music blaring. It was just people enjoying themselves, I understand that, but why have guest rooms so close to such loud noise? I am talking just a few meters away!! The music went on until about 1.15am and we just had to wait until it stopped. This was not good value for money and had we known the deal, we would have driven home.

I filled out a survey expressing my concerns and asked to be contacted by the hotel - that was a month ago and as yet, no one has called - that is extremely disappointing. I do appreciate that this was a Saturday night and obviously, things would be different during the week, but it would've been good PR if someone had taken the time to call me as requested.

I will not use the Holiday Inn again and feel let down and not particularly valued, by this large international company.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank katrat62

Dear katrat62,

Firstly, thank you for your kind comments in relation to the wedding you attended here with us at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East. We are delighted you had a great time and I have shared your positive comments with the team here at the hotel.

However, I am disappointed to hear that part of your experience let the overall stay down, I hope that you will accept my sincere apologies. I have addressed these issues with the team here at the hotel in order to improve our experience for future guests.

I would like to thank you for taking your time to raise the issues you encountered with us, I am sorry that no-one has taken the time to get back to you. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on events.himiltonkeynes@kewgreen.co.uk.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Arrived late - walked through an unlocked side entrance and all through the hotel without seeing a single member of staff.
The bed was incredibly uncomfortable and lumpy - was two singles pushed together with a very uncomfortable ridge down the middle.
When I mentioned on checkout that I had specifically booked a king size room and that it was 2 singles pushed together I was informed this is Holiday Inn policy!
Won't be returning

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Gerry R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor experience you had. I have addressed these issues with the team here at the hotel in order to improve our product for future guests.

If you would like to discuss your experience further please do not hesitate to get in contact with myself on gm.himiltonkeynes@kewgreen.co.uk.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Attended a wedding reception at hotel and stayed overnight. Both were excellent in terms of catering quality, helpful service from staff and comfortable bedroom (also quiet!). The outdoor courtyard was also very pleasant. Recommended!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

We are delighted you had a great time. I have shared your positive comments with the team here at the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport Pagnell
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
#4 of 35 in Milton Keynes

Been to Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14? Share your experiences!