“Barry,Cherill. Daughters wedding”

Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Newport Pagnell
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We held our daughters wedding reception here in the Carrington Suite on 5th July 2014.
The hotel is set in lovely surrounding countryside and is very elegant and
comfortable. Laura, our wedding coordinator was superb in advising us and planning
every last little detail to ensure we had the day just as we wanted it. On the day, from start to finish all the staff were very welcoming, friendly and attentive. It was a big wedding but due to their proffessionalism and dedication everything went like clockwork and we were able to relax and enjoy the day. The meal was delicious and piping hot and everybody commented on how much they enjoyed it. The evening buffet was equally as tasty and the D.J played a good all round selection of music. The little extras that the staff performed such as bringing into the room an armchair for a disabled guest and making hot chocolate for a young child late at night meant a lot.We can't thank you all enought for providing us with such a wonderful and memorable day and shall have no hesitation in recommending you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Barry L
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Barry L,
Thank-you for taking your time to share your comments with us at the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East, I know our staff will be elated to read them. We are all delighted that you had such an enjoyable day at your daughter’s wedding and that the team here were able to contribute to the special day in such a positive way. The staff take great pride in what they do and I am delighted that this shone through, especially in the small touches. Please accept my best wishes for your daughter and son-in-law for the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week and was very happy with the whole experience.
I work away from home Monday to Friday most weeks and look for 2 major things when staying away, Free wifi and free parking.
I am pleased to say the hotel offer both!
Check in was very smooth, the receptionist was lovely, very pleasant and professional, she explained to me how to get to the location I was due to be at th next day. ( Judy I think – it was a Sunday night that I checked in ).
The room was very clean and fresh and had air con which worked very well and is a god send during the hot months.
Room service was good and very well priced.
I didn’t explore the hotel very much as worked in the room both nights, however I spotted a lovely courtyard where drinks could be had in the sun.
Very comfy beds and a good night sleep on both nights.
Check out was very smooth too, again with the same receptionist who was very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lichfield_lad

Dear Lichfield_lad,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you also had the chance to enjoy our room service items. I will pass on your comments to the team, I know they will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated and remembered.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hotel is not in Milton Keynes. It is a 15 minute drive away. There are three holiday inns in the Milton Keynes area - be sure you are choosing the right one. They don't make it obvious.
The location is awful and the decor is shabby and run down looking. The public areas look grubby, but the room was clean enough. No safe in the room. Shower was broken but the fault wasn't obvious until you were in the shower at which point it is too late to report. Most of the staff were friendly. Breakfast was good except for an over reliance on tinned fruit for the fruit salad.
We stayed here while attending a gig at the MKB. Would definitely return to the MKB but not to the Holiday inn Newport Pagnall. Would not recommend it to anyone going to MKB - too difficult to get to.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Bazarov I,

Thank-you for taking your time to post your comments about your recent stay on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the location of our hotel for your recent visit to the Milton Keynes area. We appreciate the comments regarding the décor, safe and shower as this will assist us in improving our products and services for future guests. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice and comfortable hotel. There was a wedding on but the room was still quiet despite the disco. The one complaint is the ridiculous cost of wifi. 14.95 for 24 hours of internet access. My monthly broadband contract with unlimited downloads is less than that. So many hotels these days have free wifi but some like this continue to rip people off. It may not sound like much but this will stop me from staying here again despite a really nice room, staff and breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Barrmur,
Thank-you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay overall, in particular the room, breakfast and staff. However I am disappointed to hear that the cost of WiFi detracted from your overall stay. Members of our free to join IHG rewards club do benefit from complimentary WiFi, next time you stay in one of our hotels please enquiry about enrolling so you too can take advantage of this benefit. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had our wedding day here on May 4th 2014 and from start to finish the day was amazing. The staff are very helpful and made our day flow with ease. The wedding team are exceptional especially Shadonna who I could not have coped without and was sad when her shift ended. I would recommend this as a wedding venue it is a beautiful Georgian manor house and for the price it is well worth it and we would love to relive our day again and again. The staff Definately make this hotel a credit to the Holiday Inn chain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank-you for taking your time to share your comments with us at the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East. We are all delighted that you had such an enjoyable wedding day and that the team here were able to contribute to your special day in such a positive way. Sadhana and her team take great pride in what they do and I am delighted that this shone through. Please accept my best wishes for the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have stayed here many times on business and although it's a one of a 'corporate-y' hotel chain, we like staying here because the staff are really lovely - SO helpful and friendly and always so welcoming. We often arrive too late to want to eat, but when we do arrive a little earlier we choose from the room service menu which is great - the food is interesting, tasty, hot and fresh. The rooms are a little tired and have 4'6" beds - not ideal as we are both 6' - and these days I do think that a 5' should be standard! The hotel is really quiet which is amazing when you think that it's so close to the M1! The bathrooms are fine - clean and functional with a good shower - but again are a little tired and dated.Recommended - and it's absolutely the staff who make it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us here at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East. We are delighted that you had a good stay, in particular that you found the team and service here at the hotel friendly and polite. At Holiday Inn, we have pride in our people and I am pleased this shone through.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have stayed here twice now and both time I have had a very enjoyable stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful and your made to feel welcome. Great value for money and good food. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear 070507,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East. I have shared your positive comments with the team here at the hotel, who will be happy to know that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport Pagnell
Ramada Milton Keynes
Ramada Milton Keynes
#2 of 5 in Newport Pagnell
Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central

Been to Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14? Share your experiences!