“Wedding..”

Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Newport Pagnell
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had our wedding here in September 2013, and although there are two weddings in the same hotel don't let this put you off as you wouldn't know there was another wedding taking place.

The staff were very helpful and shadonna was so helpful made our day run so smoothly, from when I was getting ready and every single little detail, her team helped to make everything run to plan and on time.
What a credit to your hotel we cannot thank her enough.

Everything was perfect, the food was lovely.
The bridal suite could do with a refurb, most staff are very helpful and couldn't do enough for us and our guests.

Everyone commented on what a lovely service they received and how lovely the hotel is.

We had guests that travelled so the hotel was in a great location near the motorway, but not to close to it.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of a wedding venue or for a stay.

Thank you all again for helping to make our day perfect .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Twinklesn,

Thank-you for taking your time to share your comments with us at the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East. I am so happy to read that your experience with us has remained so strong in your memory for the past ten months. We are all delighted that you had such an enjoyable day at your wedding and that the team here were able to contribute to the special day in such a positive way. Please accept my best wishes for the future, I hope we have the opportunity to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Pleasant surroundings - albeit with some road noise from a busy, fast thoroughfare close by - and the usual reasonable standard of room to be expected at Holiday Inn. The staff were friendly and helpful.

However.... Because this was the weekend of the British Grand Prix and, although Silverstone is more than 20 miles away, this was seen as a good enough excuse to add £40 per night to an already pretty high room charge. That is normal for the area and might have been acceptable were in not for the fact that the place was taken over by a wedding on the Friday - and that included the restaurant and the bar. There was basically nowhere in the hotel to go. In addition, the disco boomed until midnight. I see this is a common complaint from previous posts and the routine stereotype response says they are going to do something about it. Nothing so far, then.

On the Saturday, we waited 45 minutes for the main course because an 'oven had broken'. The restaurant was not busy; can't imagine what it would have been like if it was full. The cheerful restaurant manager did his best under such unacceptable circumstances.

For all of this, £40 should have been deducted from the bill, not added. This was raised with reception on check-out. Apparently I should have been informed about the wedding but neither I or any of my colleagues received a notification. My email address was noted with the promise that the manager would be in touch the next day. A week later - nothing. No surprise, really, as this right royal rip-off must be difficult to justify.

And no stereotype response on this website, please, saying thanks for staying and you're sorry to hear, etc. Because clearly, Holiday Inn, it's meaningless.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mauriceh822
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Maurice H,

Thank-you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor, I am genuinely sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay with us.

Our General Manager would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further, please can I ask that you contact him at your convenience on gm.himiltonkeynes@kewgreen.co.uk.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights, Monday to Thursday. The hotel is close to the M1 and sits on a main road that looks innocuous but is quite busy throughout the day. It’s not like a usual Holiday Inn in that it has rooms in an oldish building with newer extensions.

Our executive room was very nicely decorated and furnished and well sized in the old building. Unfortunately it faced the main road, only 20 yards away, and the window was a bit rickety and hard to close. Although there was secondary glazing the noise from traffic was very intrusive. To be wakened several times a night by lorries and motorcycles isn’t something I’m used to.

Another odd feature was that our room was on the third floor and there is no lift, and we had 2 suitcases but were just directed to the stairs and told it was upstairs. Luckily we’re fairly fit pensioners.

There was intermittent and very slow Vodafone data signal and the internet is expensive for most individuals in Holiday Inns.

The dining room is attractive with columns, a large conservatory extension and courtyard. We ate in the restaurant twice and the food was good enough although one night my meal was luke warm and had to be sent back and the side dish appeared 20 minutes later. Also on the first meal the bar lady added 10% service charge without asking, I didn’t argue but wasn’t over happy about it.

The breakfast had a good range of food and was enjoyable although the bacon was always cooked to a frazzle and only scrambled egg was served.

The staff were very friendly and did a good job.

Overall it’s a nice hotel and niggles often seem to have more impact than the good points, but the traffic noise is completely unacceptable and I’d never stay there again.

We found a lot of things to do in the area such as Bletchley Park, Woburn, Shuttleworth Collection and Wimpole Estate.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Pete3080,
Thank-you for taking your time to post your comments about your recent stay on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that there were elements of your stay that you did enjoy, in particular the bedroom interiors, restaurant layout and staff demeanour.
However I am disappointed to learn that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet with your expectations. I will be addressing the areas of downfall you have raised with the staff in particular that no-one offered to assist you with luggage and the food quality that you experienced during your visit. We do have a number of bedrooms that do not face the main road so I do hope that you will consider staying with us again, if so please request a quite room which we will try our best to accommodate.
Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We held our daughters wedding reception here in the Carrington Suite on 5th July 2014.
The hotel is set in lovely surrounding countryside and is very elegant and
comfortable. Laura, our wedding coordinator was superb in advising us and planning
every last little detail to ensure we had the day just as we wanted it. On the day, from start to finish all the staff were very welcoming, friendly and attentive. It was a big wedding but due to their proffessionalism and dedication everything went like clockwork and we were able to relax and enjoy the day. The meal was delicious and piping hot and everybody commented on how much they enjoyed it. The evening buffet was equally as tasty and the D.J played a good all round selection of music. The little extras that the staff performed such as bringing into the room an armchair for a disabled guest and making hot chocolate for a young child late at night meant a lot.We can't thank you all enought for providing us with such a wonderful and memorable day and shall have no hesitation in recommending you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Barry L

Dear Barry L,
Thank-you for taking your time to share your comments with us at the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East, I know our staff will be elated to read them. We are all delighted that you had such an enjoyable day at your daughter’s wedding and that the team here were able to contribute to the special day in such a positive way. The staff take great pride in what they do and I am delighted that this shone through, especially in the small touches. Please accept my best wishes for your daughter and son-in-law for the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week and was very happy with the whole experience.
I work away from home Monday to Friday most weeks and look for 2 major things when staying away, Free wifi and free parking.
I am pleased to say the hotel offer both!
Check in was very smooth, the receptionist was lovely, very pleasant and professional, she explained to me how to get to the location I was due to be at th next day. ( Judy I think – it was a Sunday night that I checked in ).
The room was very clean and fresh and had air con which worked very well and is a god send during the hot months.
Room service was good and very well priced.
I didn’t explore the hotel very much as worked in the room both nights, however I spotted a lovely courtyard where drinks could be had in the sun.
Very comfy beds and a good night sleep on both nights.
Check out was very smooth too, again with the same receptionist who was very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lichfield_lad

Dear Lichfield_lad,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you also had the chance to enjoy our room service items. I will pass on your comments to the team, I know they will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated and remembered.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hotel is not in Milton Keynes. It is a 15 minute drive away. There are three holiday inns in the Milton Keynes area - be sure you are choosing the right one. They don't make it obvious.
The location is awful and the decor is shabby and run down looking. The public areas look grubby, but the room was clean enough. No safe in the room. Shower was broken but the fault wasn't obvious until you were in the shower at which point it is too late to report. Most of the staff were friendly. Breakfast was good except for an over reliance on tinned fruit for the fruit salad.
We stayed here while attending a gig at the MKB. Would definitely return to the MKB but not to the Holiday inn Newport Pagnall. Would not recommend it to anyone going to MKB - too difficult to get to.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Bazarov I,

Thank-you for taking your time to post your comments about your recent stay on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the location of our hotel for your recent visit to the Milton Keynes area. We appreciate the comments regarding the décor, safe and shower as this will assist us in improving our products and services for future guests. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice and comfortable hotel. There was a wedding on but the room was still quiet despite the disco. The one complaint is the ridiculous cost of wifi. 14.95 for 24 hours of internet access. My monthly broadband contract with unlimited downloads is less than that. So many hotels these days have free wifi but some like this continue to rip people off. It may not sound like much but this will stop me from staying here again despite a really nice room, staff and breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alice W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Barrmur,
Thank-you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay overall, in particular the room, breakfast and staff. However I am disappointed to hear that the cost of WiFi detracted from your overall stay. Members of our free to join IHG rewards club do benefit from complimentary WiFi, next time you stay in one of our hotels please enquiry about enrolling so you too can take advantage of this benefit. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport Pagnell
Ramada Milton Keynes
Ramada Milton Keynes
#1 of 5 in Newport Pagnell
Holiday Inn Milton Keynes Central

Been to Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14? Share your experiences!