“Do n't let the outside or location put you off!This is good budget value.”

Ramada Milton Keynes
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Newport Pagnell
Pontypridd
“Do n't let the outside or location put you off!This is good budget value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

I stay here on a regular basis and if you want a budget motel in MK this is the one. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There are 2 grades of breakfast and basic other meals available. Plenty of parking and easy access to MI north and south. The centre of MK is 10 mins by car and there are many good pubs and restaurants in Newport Pagnell 5 mins away. For the money (different rates for different types of room) good value.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Gloucestershire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

We booked an executive room for the less than we'd have paid for a normal room at Premier Inn, Campanille etc & the room was equally as good. However, the hotel looks pretty basic (boardering on scary) when you arrive but stick with it - the better rooms are at the back!
There is loads of well lit parking, & the staff were very friendly & helpful.
The room was clean, well equipped, the bed was comfy & the shower was good.
Unfortunately the ovens were broken so we had to go off site for food which we didn't want to do as we were very tired - I have to say there was no smell of food onsite & I'd hazard a guess that they've been broken for a while???
The hotel is dead easy to get through straight through the Services, but we weren't disturbed by any noise.
Overall, although I nearly didn't go in because of the look of the place - I'm glad I did & we will almost certainly use it again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

I meet my friend in the middle and stay here once a month, I am from up north and she is from down south, so a good way to catch up and cheap too. Always find the staff very helpful and rooms good value for money, rooms are ok, and are what you need, now the only one negative thing I would say about the hotel is (and please don't think I am mad!) that I am sure it is haunted. Staying here quite a few times now I have had spooky experiences, where there has been knocking on windows of the bedroom and no one is there, tv switching on by its self and not just the once. I have had one room I will avoid as can always feel like someone else is in the room with me. I know it sounds so mad, but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced the same?

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Louise S
Redhill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

I stayed overnight in February and was a little worried that as a young female lone traveller I was going to be somewhat out of place in what was described by a colleague as a truckers haven....luckily for me, my colleague was wrong! :-)

I arrived at about 10oclock at night mid week and bearing in mind the hotel is two minutes off the M1 it seemed very peaceful, the hotel carpark is monitered and a discreet camera takes a picture of your registration plate upon arrival - this really put me at ease.

Reception staff were really personable and friendly, I asked for directions for the next morning as to the best route to Milton Keynes without having to get back on the M1 northbound to come back and they were only too happy to assist.

The room was spacious, large comfy bed, iron and board etc all the extras you would expect to see as standard including biscuits! (something some hotels disappointingly seem to be skipping recently!) The only thing I would say as a negative was there seemed to be a rather odd and slightly pungeant smell....smelt a bit like dodgy drains and this was particulary off putting whilst brushing my teeth - however my visit was in Feb and they may have resolved this now.

I had a really good nights sleep and found it to be really quiet despite the close proximity to the motorway.

Unfortunately I cant comment on the food as I didnt try it.

Really good value for money, would definitely use this hotel again if staying in the area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Only stayed the 1 night on a trip to North Wales. The Hotel is positioned at the rear of the Services, so it is away from the hustle & bustle of the traffic. Rooms are sited so that they overlook a grassed area which is also a plus point - nice & quiet, certainly better than a view of petrol pumps with trucks booming past as found on other Service areas!
Room spacious & clean, bathroom also good.
Didn't try the bar area but there were a few people there enjoying the TV so was probably good also. We went before breakfast the following morning so can't comment on that. but from what we could see it looked very nice!!
All in all, a pleasent surprise.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I have in the past had very poor service from one of the Days Inn family.
However I have tried numerous other Days Inn and found them fair.
This one however is in a different league.Rooms were clean comfy and stylish.Customer service was fab.The bar food was good and reasonably priced.You couldnt hear the traffic from the motorway,and I was on the front.All i paid was £50.00!What a bargin.Its about 30 mins from Silverstone,so a great alternative when all the more local hotels are booked up.Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Manchester England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

2 nights at the Days Inn while in MK to attend Foo Fighters at the Bowl. Pleasantly suprised to find there was a shuttle bus service laid on before and after so no worries about getting back. Hotel is clean and staff are friendly and informative. Nice buffet style breakfast in mornings and there is small dining room and bar on site although it's only a two minute walk to the shops and eatieries inside the Northbound services. Most rooms look onto a green space which leads down to a footpath to a fishing lake and to say it is so close to the M1 there is no traffic noise. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,416 reviews
Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
#2 of 34 in Milton Keynes

Been to Ramada Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!