Lowest prices for your stay
Lol.travel
£40
Elaine L

useless Manager / Cold breakfast

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Jul 2021
We have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past and it has always been quite good but our recent stay was terrible......... We booked an executive room with fridge etc. On arrival we checked in and went to our room. We had a small bed and the room itself was not very clean.. tidy but not especially clean. the whole place needs a revamp at some point soon.... There were alot of people complaining about various things over the whole weekend and there was no manager on duty which i find very bad for a hotel with alot of younger workers on duty. They had no support at tall from a manager..

We had breakfast on the Sunday Morning and it was very good. the staff were really friendly and the lady that was cooking was a very conscientious worker, checking that the food was hot and letting people know when the buffet was refilled with fresh food etc.

On the Monday morning we thought we would have breakfast before we left for our 5 hour journey home. We paid for our breakfast at reception and entered the restaurant. We chose our table and went to get our buffet breakfast.. On approaching the servery area we noticed that the hot food counter was barely lit, which meant there was no heat lamps on above the food to keep it hot.
I chose some bacon and put it on my plate. i touched it and it was stone cold as were the sausages, scrambled egg, beans etc. I called for someone and a young girl with a long ponytail appeared and i told her that the bacon was cold. She almost shouted, 'it's not' i said that i had touched the bacon on my plate and it was stone cold. I then mentioned that the heat lamps were not on so the food would ni stay hot to which she replied, ' but the hot plate is on and it's hot so the food will be hot'
I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 40 years and i said no, the food is cold. She argued the fact with me, which i though was very unprofessional and then told me i shouldn't touch the food because of covid,,,, The food was on my plate i told..

i went to find the Manager, who was absolutely useless and left the person behind the counter to deal with me..
I went back to the restaurant and both men checked the heat lamps and walked away. Nothing changed and we were left to eat our cold breakfast..

i then went to the reception and asked for a refund as i wasn't going to pay £10 for toast and cold food. I was then told that i would have to fill a form out as it's not their policy to refund money on the premises???? and i would have to wait 5 to 7 days for it to goo into my bank, even though i had just paid for it. My sister paid cash and they refused to refund that too saying the same to her as they had told me even though we had paid less than half an hour before.
Date of stay: July 2021
Room Tip: none are good
2.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
    • Booking.com
      £57
    2.3 miles from Ramada Milton Keynes M1
    View more hotels in Newport Pagnell
    All reviews service station milton keynes burger king clean hotel night stay easy access business trip good nights sleep member of staff evening meal motorway waitrose chloe stopover mk newport
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

Arrived at this hotel very late due to road floods. Received very politely. Customer service a 10. Family room fit 4 double and two singles. Room was clear but very dusty. We noticed after that we did not have a sanitisation sticker on our door like others did. Room had tea making facilities. Iron was available upon request. Shower was good but drainage flow needs clearing. We did not eat at this hotel but paid £10 for late check out as we were tired.
    Room was quite stuffy without the use of fan/ air con
    Overall this stay was a good place to rest head for the night
    Car park available- must contact hotel for code

Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

Let me start by saying the two ladies at the front desk were great but the guys couldn’t even pull a pint. Seriously it took them 20 minutes and it was still terrible. And one of them took 40 minutes to check me into my room.
    The place itself is overrun with the dregs of society waiting for rehousing after being booted from their council houses most for ASBOs who sit outside and get drunk all day and night making a noise

Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed 16 July 2021 via mobile

The hotel is very lovely, staff are so friendly and very supportive. I've been living here due to being homeless and the council will sort me a place soon. But being here is really nice only problem is the beds not really that comfortable especially for a person who has a bad back and hip. Maybe some better beds will make the staying more comfortable. It would be very ideal if there was some lunch or snacks made for long stays. I was also thinking mini fridges for those staying long so they can keep their stuff cold. I can say staying here is a suitable hotel and great staffs. Thank you for having me. Cerise

Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

Was told the room had a bath which upon arrival was then told twin rooms don’t have baths , so off to a bad start then walked down corridor and fire door was wide open. Got into the room and the sink wouldn’t open to release the water so reported it but. Otho gig was done so couldn’t use the sink , full of flies in the bathroom and also in the room itself around the windows must of been at least 100 dead on cill and same amount flying around , next day complained about the sink again and wads offered a screwdriver to try to fix it myself !!!

Room tip: Be prepared to be let down
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed 25 June 2021

This would be our 5th or 6th stay at this establishment. On each occasion the rooms and hotel were clean and welcoming. On our last stay we were truly impressed at the speed that Chloe moves. She works tremendously hard and must be an asset to Ramada Wyndham Milton Keynes.

Date of stay: June 2021
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel