“The Staff Made It!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Newport Pagnell
Bucks
“The Staff Made It!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We celebrated my Mother's 90th birthday with an afternoon buffet party at the hotel. The room was well laid out with excellent table linen, tables and chairs as well as the buffet table. We could have booked a separate bar in the room but declined.
The buffet food was excellent, far better than it had actually looked on the list we had selected it from and there was plenty provided.
Best of all were the staff (and I am sure the kitchen team too) who were brilliant. There were two function staff and they could not have been more helpful especially as a number of the guests were elderly and had mobility problems.
We would certainly use this hotel again for a function; as we live locally we would not need to stay but would still recommend it happily to family and friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank K3ntishmaid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Westward Ho, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We based ourselves at the Swan Revived, Newport Pagnell for the second time during an extended tour of the region. There is plenty to see outside Milton Keynes.
This is in our opinion a great hotel to stay in. Plenty of parking. We had very nice meals both in the Restaurant and in the Lounge. The service provided by the staff we encountered was first class and without exception they are an extremly friendly bunch.

Room Tip: Refurbished second floor rooms just as good as the first floor rooms recommended last time.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Westiejohn
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

First time visit we meet friends for Sunday lunch we found the menu good but limited and the service was first class.the starters were good and well cooked the pie it had was taste gravy was good texture and veg was also good
The Resturant is one. I shall go back to

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Brighton, UK
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Mattress had lumps and springs sticking in my back, ridges along the mattress making my night very uncomfortable. I have not written many reviews, ones I have are positive but I felt I needed to write this review for other people thinking about staying here (which I will never again). Staff did not really care when I advised them of this on check out which topped it off. So if you ever need to stay in Newport Pagnell or Milton Keynes DO NOT stay here if you want a good nights sleep!

Room Tip: do not choose room 102
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dr_Illson

Travellers are raving about these Newport Pagnell hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I can't comment on the actual hotel, this revies is about the restaurant only. We walked into the reception and were asked to have a drink at the bar while our table was made ready. Menus were handed to us and we ordered 2 coke's. Well. when the bar tender charged us £5 for the 2 cokes I nearly fell on the floor!! I could have bought 2 bottles for that in Tesco! Disgraceful! Coupled with the fact that there was some loud obnoxious woman swearing loudly in the bar area, she was part of a wedding party, that was a real pleasure! We thought the restaurant was really busy as it took them 20 minutes to "get our table ready", but when we walked in, there was only one other couple in there! The service was PAINFULLY slow although the young staff there were cheerful and pleasant and polite. The price for the food was also expensive and didn't reflect the size of the portions either. Surroundings were pleasant but there was just no atmosphere!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Russell J
Ainsdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed here as all the hotels in city centre were fully booked and glad I did. The high street it's on is lovely and the hotel was nice too. Nice friendly greeting at reception and straight to my room. Didn't eat here as went to a lovely Thai next door but atmosphere seemed nice and the bar area is nicely furnished. My only criticism would be the decoration of the rooms. It was spacious, clean and had everything I needed but just looked slightly dated. This personally wasn't a problem for me as was happy with the comfort but I can relate to people who have commented that the room decor is 'tired'. All in all a great stay and will be returning as a nice change to staying city centre.

Room Tip: The pictures do show some modernised rooms so possibly ask when booking to avoid the dated feel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
UK, Yorkshire
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I was booked to stay here by a colleague as a short notice arrangement.
On arrival there was I had to wait some time to check in. The first room allocated to me had not been serviced, the second appeared OK but the key card failed to open an annex door so a move to a third room deemed the solution. In all, check in took some 30 minutes. The hotel is generally tired and all three rooms I saw were on the small side and ready for a refresh. I was taken to Robinsons to eat so cannot comment on the restaurant except to mention the dining room looked carefully prepared. Breakfast was excellent. Overall the staff were friendly and helpful. Room prices are moderate but not cheap in what is an expensive to 'stay over' area. Given time to look next time, I would look for somewhere brighter and fresher while not rejecting here staying again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport Pagnell
Chicheley Hall
Chicheley Hall
#1 of 1 in Chicheley
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes
Holiday Inn Milton Keynes East - M1 Jct 14
Novotel Milton Keynes
Novotel Milton Keynes
#8 of 35 in Milton Keynes

Been to Swan Revived Hotel? Share your experiences!