“Nothing wrong, but pretty dull.”
Review of Harben House Hotel

Harben House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Newport Pagnell
London
“Nothing wrong, but pretty dull.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

For a cheap brief stay this is fine. breakfast was very average, rooms are ok. Good that the wifi was free and the staff were friendly. I was charged twice for breakfast but managed to get a refund.
It's walking distance to the town centre which means you don't have to experience the terrible restaurant setting.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Nicky S, Manager at Harben House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay here at Harben, we are always finding ways to improve our guest experience and you comments were taken onboard and I have spoken with the managerment team to ensure you experiences are not repeated.

I do hope you visit again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Firstly, it's quite hard to find the entrance. You see the hotel on main street, but there is no sign indicating that you need to turn into the street before you reach the hotel and drive to the back, where there is a small (again badly signposted) entrance.

The rooms are OK though, the staff is very friendly and really quick, both checking in and out. I paid less than twenty pounds for one night, which makes this venue a real steel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Nicky S, Manager at Harben House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback with regard to your recent stay with us at Harben. I am pleased to hear that our staff were able to cater to your needs and help you throughout your stay. Thank you very much for such a helpful suggestion with regards to entrance, you will be glad to hear that this comment has been passed on to higher management as a suggested feature. I look forward to welcoming again soon.
UK
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have just returned from 2 nights at the Harben where I stayed on a training course.
Firstly the good points, staff excellent, very friendly bar and restaurant staff and an efficient reception. Nice public areas. The food which was part of our package also very good, good choice at breakfast, lots of choice for lunch and evening meals were also nice.
Rooms - I was the lucky one in our party I had one of their few large rooms which had a 6 foot bed, plenty of space and a large bathroom with bath and shower, most of the rest of our party had the compact doubles though. Downside - the rooms were boiling hot and no temperature control. Both nights were really unbearable, the compact doubles have the bathroom as part of the room so no door, you can also only get into the bed from one side so be aware of that if you are booking as a couple. Some of our party had issues with the showers flooding in those rooms.
Training/conference facilities were OK although strangely our training room was far too cold on the first day. Refreshment stations were good in the conference areas, coffee machines, cold drinks and various treats like pastries, biscuits, popcorn and even ice lollies available through the day.

If they can sort out the issues with the room temperatures all in all not a bad venue, although I wouldn't recommend for a leisure break because of the room sizes, unless you are simply looking for a reasonably priced place to put your head down.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room the compact ones are tiny
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Nicky S, Manager at Harben House Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback with regards to your most recent stay at Harben. I was very disappointed to read that your visit was unsatisfactory and so will my team. The majority of our bedrooms have been refurbished with modern décor and flat screen TV’s with plans in place to upgrade those remaining.
The size of the room can not be changed unfortunatley, however we do feel the price and standard of the room is reasonable for the area.
I do hope you visit again soon.
Nicky Smith
Hornsea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

always more than happy with the value of the rooms, very happy only paid £39. staff friendly and professional. what more can you ask for?!
only comment i would make is that the carpet outside the lifts on the second floor is thread bare and this does look disappointing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Nicky S, Manager at Harben House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback with regard to your recent stay with us at Harben . I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you very much for such a helpful suggestion with regards the the corridor carpets, we are focusing on different areas of the venue for improvement work each month, I hope t have this particular concern addressed within the next 3 months.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Norwich
Reviewed 28 May 2014

the room was sold as a compact double and they weren't kidding. Having said that the room was clean and tidy and the staff helpful and pleasant. We only needed a room for the night so this was fine, and only cost £19.00, so were more than happy, if you however want a more luxurious trip this would not be the hotel for you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Nicky S, Manager at Harben House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback with regard to your recent stay with us at Harben. I am pleased to hear that our staff were able to cater to your needs and friendly to you throughout your stay.

Thank you for the honest comments regarding the room, we do advise bookers of the size of our bedrooms when making the reservation. We try to keep our rates competitive due to the compact nature of the rooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Thanks

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because I had to work late in Milton Keynes and got a cheap room on offer.

I've stayed at De Vere a couple of times and have never been disappointed. The rooms are small but have everything you need and it's clean.

I also used the gym and had food at the bar: both of which I was impressed with - hot dog thoroughly recommended!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Nicky S, Manager at Harben House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you so much for your loyal custom, I cannot express how thrilled we are to read about our guests experiences with us, especially repeat customers! So thank you very much for taking the time to inform us about your stay at Harben . I am glad you made full use of all our facilities and had another enjoyable visit. I look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay!

Nicky - Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here for 1 night and paid only £19! At that price surely no one can complain! The rooms are functional, there's a good, well stocked bar on the ground floor and the location is superb - just a 6 minute walk to Newport Pagnell town centre.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Swan Revived Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newport Pagnell
Holiday Inn Express Milton Keynes
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milton Keynes
Woughton House - MGallery by Sofitel (was Mercure Parkside House)
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
Jurys Inn Milton Keynes
#4 of 34 in Milton Keynes

Been to Harben House Hotel? Share your experiences!