“Lovely service, would return”
Review of Howarth House

Howarth House
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Lovely service, would return”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I booked HHH for a weekend away with my elderly grandma. The house is exceptionally clean from top to bottom and very homely. The bedrooms are all styled in a unique way which is a welcome change from soulless hotels.

Our twin room was comfortable and very clean with tea and coffee making facilities and tv. The breakfast was lovely and and very tasty. The staff are attentive and friendly with great customer service skills. I didn't have a great first nights sleep due to music coming from an event in the hotel next door and my very squeaky bed which woke me up every time I moved. When I informed the staff I was immediately offered me another room free of charge.

All in all good value for money and better service than I have had in 5 star hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Fern_Blue_Lady
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
thankyou for your review we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come again soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed here Sunday and Monday of this week, what a find, { thank goodness for tripadvisor } Sue and her girls where lovely, so friendly and helpful, the bedroom very beautiful, with comfy bed and pillows. We will be back in the not too distant future !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheBarlickers
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
thankyou so much for your lovely review we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come again soon x
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I needed somewhere to stay at very short notice: fortunately Howarth Hotel had a room available and I enjoyed a very comfortable overnight stay. Breakfast was extremely good, efficiently served, and plenty of choice. The location was excellent and very quiet, and the staff had a very helpful and pleasant attitude to guests. I will definitely look forward to returning at some stage.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Yet again what can we say another fabulous stay in this boutique hotel with such friendly & helpful staff.This time we stayed in annex with our own patio which was a bonus with the hot weather.We can't praise the staff & cleanliness of rooms enough.Thanks again Sue see you next year.Maureen & Billy

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Maureen E
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
thankyou so much for your lovely review it was super to see you both again and were glad you enjoyed yourselves look forward to you coming again soon take care love sue & the gang xx
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I'm stopping here whilst working in the area and it works out brilliantly. Firstly I like some flexibility in terms of turning up late in the evening and moving dates from time to time- that's where the good service starts. Sue and staff are really in touch with their guests and do everything they can to make sure everything is as easy it can be.

I like my own space, familiar comfortable surroundings, great locations and a super brekky to start the day- and I enjoy all of them in spades at Howarth House. I'm a bit fed-up with the big chain hotels and like the home-from-home feel I get here. The individuality of the decor of the downstairs and each of the bedrooms is a refeshing blandness of most of the places I've stayed.

Also highly recommend the ApartHotel linked to the same owners in and around St Annes. I stopped in the 2-bedroom apartment and it was all of the above as a spacious, well-appointed accomodation.

Big loves to the staff and other guests of Howarth House for helping make my summer of 2013 a happy and productive time!

Room Tip: ask for one you've not stopped in to see what you find!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin J
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
thanks martin for your lovely review it is always a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to your next visit x
Amport
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I booked the family room for my myself,wife and 2 kids. We stayed on Friday June 28th 2013.

The decor in the common areas is dated and showing signs of wear. The red carpet in the hallway and stairs is like something from the 1970's. Our room was really tiny with hardly and space for e.g a suitcase. The decor in the room was pleasant enough. The bathroom had been recently refurbished and was clean and modern, however the electric shower was barely functional only producing a trickle of hot water.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

This is definitely not a boutique hotel, I would rate it as a very average B&B. Not worth the £110.00 a night we were charged.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank AndyGreenwood
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
(BOUTIQUE HOTEL) FROM WIKAPEDIA boutique hotel is a term popularised in north america and united kingdom to describe intimate,usually luxurious or quirky hotel environments Typically boutique hotels are furnished in a themed ,stylish or aspirational manner Boutique hotels have typially been unique properties operated by individuals. Boutique hotels are always individual and therefore unlikely to be found amongst large chain hotel groups !! we have also just recently been voted by an international company the 3rd best BOUTIQUE hotel in the country. I would also like mention to you that my staff were very upset that you had left your children unsupervised to run amoke in the hotel for over an hour they managed to climb over the gate and let the dogs out into the dining area they were also found downstairs in my private living area and then caught jumping all over the tables in the lounge. May i suggest that next time you visit our area the larger chain hotels would be more suitable x
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Once again we were really looked after and made to feel most welcome, if you enjoy a nice 'home from home' feeling then this is the place for you! high standard is still there with everything spotlessly clean, room service the best its the only place where we have stayed where not only the Tea/Coffee/Biscuits replenished daily but fresh bottled water as well.
Breakfast cooked to order and nice and hot. The train station is but a few minutes walk away, bus services to either Lytham or Blackpool every 10 mins. Miles if nice sandy beach and a lovely walk o the prom with plenty of seating for those who like to sit and watch the 'world go by'. St. Annes is one of the nicest places to stay, with plenty of places to eat out.

Room Tip: They have nice ground floor rooms with a shared private patio at the side. We have found the rooms...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Brenda T
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Thank you for your lovely review I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will be back again soon x
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lytham St Anne's
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lyth...
#4 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
#8 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
St. Ives Hotel
St. Ives Hotel
#1 of 1 in St. Annes-on-Sea

Been to Howarth House? Share your experiences!