Howarth House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Bedford Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
Great 4.5/5
Clifton Park Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
  • Breakfast included
Dalmeny Resort Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
Very Good 4/5
The Anchorage(Lytham St Anne's)
  • Breakfast included
Inn on the Prom Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
Very Good 4/5
St. Ives Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
Very Good 4/5
Mode Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
Great 4.5/5
The Lindum Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
  • Restaurant
The Grand Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsgarden roomb blaura ashleybeautiful place to stayboutique hoteldressing roomlovely loungecomfortable bedgreat night's sleepbreakfast was delicioussingle roomfull englishfeel very welcomevisiting lythamground floorone night stayhigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have spent the last couple of months working on a project in the NW and first stayed at Howarth House on the recommendation of a colleague. Sue and her team are amazing, always warm and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. I travel alone on business and booked a single room but if the hotel isn't full I get a double room. All of the rooms I have stayed in have been beautifully decorated, all individual with lovely finishing touches and all of the beds were comfortable. Breakfast is very good with plenty of choice, even smoked salmon with the scrambled eggs and Sue is happy to recommend local restaurants for dinner. Next week is my last trip here for a while so to avoid separation anxiety I am planning a weekend trip to Howarth House with my partner.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

thankyou so much for your lovely review it was so nice to meet you and were glad you enjoyed your stay we look forward to your return thankyou once again x

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stopped here to visit the Blackpool illuminations. Hotel is situated on main road. Parking is limited on drive in front of property. Although we had no problems it could prove difficult in height of season. Room was nicely furnished but the en-suite was fairly basic. Breakfast each day was very good and the staff were polite and extremely helpful. In fact on our arrival we were told to purchase a day ticket on the bus which allowed unlimited travel on both bus and tram.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

thankyou for your reveiw we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come again soon

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Needed to be in Lytham for a work visit and chose this Hotel after reading reviews, I was not to be disappointed. My room was the large front room bay on the first floor which was very nicely decorated. I was a bit worried about the road noise but I need not have worried as I didn't hear a thing. The room and bathroom was spotless as we're all of the communal rooms. I really liked the fact that the Hotel felt like a home which immediately makes you more comfortable.

When travelling with work, I rarely sleep well. Here I slept as well as at home, the linen was lovely and comfortable, so was the bed. I had a great night sleep and woke up ready for the next day.

The breakfast was brought quickly but was delicious and fresh, a hard combination to get right. Taking the opportunity of someone else cooking I went for the full English, yum yum. The night before we had a great recommendation for dinner which we thoroughly enjoyed too. I feel a diet coming on :o).

So great accommodation, great food and friendly staff make for a great place to stay. Some nice other things that other hotels overlook such as free parking and wifi, water and drinks facilities in the room, nice linen and towels etc. These are important when you travel a fair amount. The location for St Anne's also couldn't be better. Last point is that I thought that this hotel was really good value for money, would pay three times as much for somewhere at home this nice!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

thankyou so much for your lovely review we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come and see us again soon x

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stay here every year just overnight for the bowling in blackpool. It is an excellent place to stay, you are always made to feel at home. Very high standard throughout the hotel and the owners will do anything to accommodate you. Lovely breakfast, sets you up for the day.
If you have never been, I recommend highly that you try it.
Looking forward to returning next year.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

thankyou so much for your lovely review it was great to see you and we look forward to seeing you again next year x

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights during the Lytham Wartime Festival.
Upon arrival there was nowhere to park, but after speaking with the owner she advised that it was ok to block people in and leave the key with reception which was fine by us too.
The owner is very friendly and very helpful, and accommodated us and our dog in a lovely room toward the back of the house.
The room had a small balcony area, was clean and tidy with a very comfortable bed. The room had a small ensuite with a walk in shower. The room was very clean, and we was given bedding for our dog too.
Howarth House is situated next to other hotels in the area, and, this isn't a complaint, just a reference to that fact that the other hotels have entertainment on which lasts until around 11pm and then everything goes quiet. So really does not affect your stay at the house.
The breakfast was delicious and we could basically have whatever we wanted which was fantastic and a real treat. The staff in the house are all very attentive and friendly.
I would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend to people visiting Lytham in the future.
Thank you !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank LittleSweetpea
howarthhouse, Manager at Howarth House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

thankyou so much for your review we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come again soon x