“Fabulous B&B”
Review of The Rooms

The Rooms
Reviewed 11 June 2009

My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful stay at The Rooms. I have relatives in Lytham and this time we thought we would stay somewhere different. We were not disappointed!

We stayed on Monday and Tuesday of this week (08 and 09 June) and had room 2 on the top floor

Everything, from the warm welcome from Jackie and Andy, to the wonderful breakfasts (including bucks fizz on day 1) was perfect. I recommend the wild mushrooms and smoothies and the haddock fishcakes topped with a poached egg were pretty impressive too. The room was delightful (en suite of course and what a bathroom - actually a wet room) and I had to remove my wife forcibly yesterday, otherwise she would still be there. The decor was perfect, modern and streamlined, with some lovely touches, such as numerous towels and a huge, very comfortable bed. There was even a docking station for my ipod!

I was so relaxed yesterday morning, I left half my clothes in the wardrobe and, thankfully, had not travelled too far when Jackie rang to break the bad news

So, thanks Jackie and Andy for your hospitality, we will definitely be back and we would recommend The Rooms to anybody - you take B&B to a different level

Kind regards
Jacqui and Peter Stone

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glosox

Reviewed 18 May 2009

The Rooms is superbly appointed and the welcome we had from Jackie and Andy was excellent in every way. Nothing was too much trouble and we wallowed in magnificent modernist luxury and indulged a superlative breakfast. They have already had good Press coverage ( 'Mystery Guest ' in TheTimes) which was fully justified in our experience and much more of that will mean that early booking is essential. 'Don't delay' is the best advice we can give ! The Rooms takes the B & B concept into realms above !
Ruchard and Stephanie Rhodes

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2009

I wanted to stay in Lytham rather than Blackpool (where I like Number One St. Luke's), so I searched the internet and found this place. It's really close to Lytham centre (for some retail therapy - as well as a number of bars and restaurants) and has free on street parking outside. The owners are very friendly and welcoming and nothing appears to be too much trouble. The rooms are very comfortable and have all that you expect (i pod dock, flat screen tv, hairdryer etc). My only niggle was that mine didn't have a bath, but I think only one room does and anyway the wetroom was lovely. Breakfast was tasty and the choice was brill. It's a lovely B&B in a great position with super nice owners. Go.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2009

My colleague booked me into the Rooms whilst away on business.
Fantastic rooms, website is well worth a look, great breakfast cooked by Andy. Good location, easy walking for food & drink.
When next in the area I will definitely stay here.
Also Andy is the commercial manager for Fylde RUFC so if you want a good discussion about rugby and sport generally he is your man.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 October 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Rooms boutique b&b during August for 3 nights..long overdue to write a review. With respect to the industry to call it a B&B does not do it justice. The whole property has obviously undergone extensive refurbishment with I would imagine no expence spared where quality is concerned. Our room..more a state of the art suite was the top of the five bed range at £145....down to £110. Whilst upper end of the b&b mkt rate wise this was more an expirence than a stay as andy and Jackie could not do enough for us from a quality breakfast in their designer garden first morning to the offer of a Champagne breakfast on sunday....sadley declined as we had attended a rather free flowing wedding the day before. This is indeed the other end of the great British B&b tradition..but in our opinion worth the indulgence if you are visiting the wonderful town of Lytham.

SM Colchester.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2008

The rooms Lytham, is located perfectly for Lytham. This is a grown up experience for a real treat.

On arrival in er were greeted by Jackie the owner. The reception area is beautiful and decorated to the highest standard. Our room was room 3 on the top floor. The Bedroom was again to the highest standard. All home comforts that you could want. Huge bed with wit the best quality linen, plush carpet and stunning home furnishings. all the Toiletries were white company. The rooms had 42'' plasmas wall mounted. DAB digital radios with I pod docking stations. The bathrooms was a once again of the highest standard, a contemporary wet room, with a skylight window.

Breakfast room was of the highest standard. Fresh exotic fruits, cereal, fruit juice were available while Jackie cooked breakfast to order. All guests were offered a glass of champagne to enjoy with breakfast. Jackie offered whatever we wanted for breakfast. My partner chose home made pancakes, I had English breakfast which was truly amazing. All produce is organic and to the highest standard.

There is a beautiful landscape garden which is available for all guest to use. While staying at the rooms we were encouraged to treat house as our own.

Although the rooms taget markets is not familes, we stayed with our 6 year old daughter. Jackie was very accomodating and went of her way to make sure our daughter had what she wanted. We were even sent off with home made chocolate croisants.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
andyjak, owner at The Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2008

Wow, thanks for taking the time to write about us.....we are really glad you enjoyed it, and hope we see you again some time. Thank you, Jackie and Andy