The Dalmeny Hotel holds very special memories for my Mother as the location of family holidays when my Father was still alive and my Sisters & I were children. It was, therefore, the obvious choice for us to celebrate Mum's 80th birthday, with our party comprised of no fewer than 16 people with ages ranging from Mum through to her youngest Grandchildren at 3 years. While the hotel has changed beyond recognition since our last stay there as a family in 1972, the friendly atmosphere and emphasis on entertaining guests remains the same. As is the case with all British seaside resorts you can never base your plans on a guarantee of good weather. The Dalmeny, however, has overcome this to a significant extent with plenty of indoor activities available to guests including a leisure centre, (swimming pool, jacuzzi and gym), crèche, children's activities, amusement arcade and evening entertainment. The fact that none of the children in our party complained of being bored is a testimony to how effective this range of activities is. As it happens the weather during our stay was warm and sunny which allowed us to enjoy most of the external features within close proximity to the hotel including the beach (great for kite flying) and Ashton Gardens where we enjoyed a picnic.
The hotel were very kind to us during our stay, giving Mum a complimentary upgrade to a large room with a balcony and sea-view, and a bouquet of flowers. Zoe, the General Manager, also took time to have a chat with us sharing memories of her childhood as the Daughter of the hotel's owners at the same time that my Sisters and I were children.
The only negative aspects of the stay were caused by what appeared to be under-staffing, resulting in long waits for food in the Patio Bar and drinks in the bar, and some very stressed individuals who were struggling to keep up with the volume of customers in the Patio Bar and elsewhere. I was also slightly disappointed with the breakfast arrangement which was a self-service buffet, as was dinner albeit that worked much better with the young children.
Our rooms were clean and contained everything that you're entitled to expect in a modern hotel. It was a surprise to me that our bedroom was designed to cater for all three of my children as we've frequently encountered arrangements which involve one of them having to use a pull-out bed, or even a completely separate room (with associated costs). The room Mum had was lovely, as was the one that my older Sister and her Husband had (also with balcony and sea-view).
At the end of our stay the unanimous verdict was that we must return next year, and I can't think of a greater endorsement of a hotel than that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellent location on the main promenade overlooking the beach, promenade gardens and pier, and within a short walk of the town centre with its array of shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel offers a wide choice of rooms, including family units accommodating up to two adults and 6 children. The excellent facilities include a 20m indoor pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, children's pool, fully equipped Gym and Squash Court. Spa Dalmeny is open seven days per week offering a comprehensive range of beauty and holistic treatments. Dining options include the hotel's restaurant or Bar Indigo. Business travellers will appreciate the free Wi-Fi facility throughout the hotel,access to business services, free on site parking,extensive conference facilities, and our Snooker Room, which is available for private hire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Expedia, HRS, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Dalmeny Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmeny Hotel Lytham St Annes
- Dalmeny Hotel St Annes
- Dalmeny Lytham St Annes
- Dalmeny Resort Hotel Lytham St Anne's, Lancashire