“The epitome of a "family friendly" hotel”

Dalmeny Resort Hotel
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The Dalmeny Hotel holds very special memories for my Mother as the location of family holidays when my Father was still alive and my Sisters & I were children. It was, therefore, the obvious choice for us to celebrate Mum's 80th birthday, with our party comprised of no fewer than 16 people with ages ranging from Mum through to her youngest Grandchildren at 3 years. While the hotel has changed beyond recognition since our last stay there as a family in 1972, the friendly atmosphere and emphasis on entertaining guests remains the same. As is the case with all British seaside resorts you can never base your plans on a guarantee of good weather. The Dalmeny, however, has overcome this to a significant extent with plenty of indoor activities available to guests including a leisure centre, (swimming pool, jacuzzi and gym), crèche, children's activities, amusement arcade and evening entertainment. The fact that none of the children in our party complained of being bored is a testimony to how effective this range of activities is. As it happens the weather during our stay was warm and sunny which allowed us to enjoy most of the external features within close proximity to the hotel including the beach (great for kite flying) and Ashton Gardens where we enjoyed a picnic.
The hotel were very kind to us during our stay, giving Mum a complimentary upgrade to a large room with a balcony and sea-view, and a bouquet of flowers. Zoe, the General Manager, also took time to have a chat with us sharing memories of her childhood as the Daughter of the hotel's owners at the same time that my Sisters and I were children.
The only negative aspects of the stay were caused by what appeared to be under-staffing, resulting in long waits for food in the Patio Bar and drinks in the bar, and some very stressed individuals who were struggling to keep up with the volume of customers in the Patio Bar and elsewhere. I was also slightly disappointed with the breakfast arrangement which was a self-service buffet, as was dinner albeit that worked much better with the young children.
Our rooms were clean and contained everything that you're entitled to expect in a modern hotel. It was a surprise to me that our bedroom was designed to cater for all three of my children as we've frequently encountered arrangements which involve one of them having to use a pull-out bed, or even a completely separate room (with associated costs). The room Mum had was lovely, as was the one that my older Sister and her Husband had (also with balcony and sea-view).
At the end of our stay the unanimous verdict was that we must return next year, and I can't think of a greater endorsement of a hotel than that!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for your very complimentary review. It was a pleasure to meet you during your stay, and to recall childhood memories of the Dalmeny. It has certainly evolved since my grandparents started the business in 1946, although I do believe that, throughout this period, we have always maintained our aim to provide an enjoyable experience for all the family.
Thank you for your constructive comments regarding staffing levels in the Bar and Patio areas. I have certainly taken these on board, and will monitor these areas closely. It is always difficult to forecast trading levels at any specific time, but we do realise that customers should not be kept waiting for long periods.
We do operate a buffet style Breakfast and Dinner in the Carvery Restaurant, as we find that, overall, this seems to be the most acceptable type of service for families. It is also the best method of serving large number of guests. However, if any guest wishes to be served at the table, our waiters would be happy to oblige.
I hope that you will be returning to stay with us again soon, and look forward to welcoming you back to The Dalmeny

There are newer reviews for Dalmeny Resort Hotel

Reviewed 9 August 2013

we had a party at the atrium in the dalmeny, the staff were fantastic couldnt have gone any better. The food was exactly what we had asked for, they made extra effort to find real ale for our guests, I couldnt recommend it highly enough if your looking for a venue to hold a party.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhock

Thank you for your kind comments.
The Atrium is an excellent venue for all types of functions and events, and I was delighted to hear that both the ambiance, the food, and the service were all well received. I will certainly pass on your comments to all the staff concerned

z robertson@dalmenyhotel.co.uk

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Arrived at the hotel to be told we didn't have a booking. After some investigation the guy on reception found the booking and said we were due to arrived the day before (we weren't) this was resolved all without an apology which was slightly annoying. Went to our room which was great for our family except the drawers were broken, the toilet roll holder was hanging off and there was a burn in the carpet I reported all the things immediately mainly to ensure the hotel didn't think we had done any of them. Unfortunately I still had broken draws the next day and had to report again. This time the request was dealt with very quickly. Love cocktails in the indego bar. Also love the food, would be nice to see the wine prices reduced! The Young lads that work in there seemed rushed off there feet but are still helpful and polite
(except one). Need more staff when selling cocktails and when you know there is a wedding in the hotel. Yet again I heard someone been refused coffee as the machine was off. However after a complaint this was 'turned on'
Food in carvery at breakfast was excellent as were the staff. Pool is great. St Anne's is a lovely place.
All this said love this hotel and had another great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank finny007

Thank you for taking the time to register your very constructive comments. I was pleased to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your recent stay with us, although you did unfortunately suffer some minor niggles.Please accept my sincere apologies for the mix up on your arrival. Evidently our Reservations Agent had misposted your booking to arrive on the wrong day. Furthermore, you did not receive an apology for this oversight, which really does concern me.
I note that on arrival in your room, you reported broken draws, a burn on the carpet and a toilet roll holder hanging off. You did report these immediately, but unfortunately the matter was not remedied until the following day.. We unfortunately do not have any maintenance staff on duty during late afternoon/evening periods, but I am told that these matters were dealt with as soon as possible the following day. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this situation
I have passed your comments regarding the service issues in Bar Indigo to our Food and Beverage Manager to investigate, and also asked him to check our wine prices against those of other local hotels. The matter of the coffee machine has also been brought to his attention, as this situation is certainly not acceptable
Thank you once again for bringing all these points to my attention. I hope that they will not deter you from staying with us again in the future, and I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Dalmeny

Reviewed 2 August 2013

The title say,s it all.Our daughter and son in law, booked us in for an overnight stay, for my husbands 70th birthday, along with our grandchildren. We had a front facing bedroom, with a fabulous sea view, and a balcony.The room was beautful, and the bathroom i could have taken home with me, and, both were absolutely spotless. We had coffee in the pavillion, which as sun terrace, there are childrens activities, all day, a crech, infact there is so much this hotel offers, there isn,t the room to type it all.Gorgeous swimming pool,esquiste food in the restaurant, and a breakfast that was sumptous.
If i had to be sightly negative, there was a lot of hairs in places in the female changing area of the pool, someone had just removed all the hairs from a hairbrush, and casualy discarded on the floor.ugh, some people are so dirty. My daughter said she would report it, but honestly this was the only hiccup.
We all had such a wonderful time, the staff are absolutely lovely, cannot praise them enough, so thank to everyone at the Dalmeny, we have already decided when we are coming back, this time for a much longer stay

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms, but for a little extra, ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for such very positive comments. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and look forward to returning for a longer stay.
I was perturbed to read your comments regarding the Ladies Changing Room in the Leisure Centre, and I have passed these on to the Leisure Management Team to ensure that they remain diligent in this area. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just back from a weekend break at The Dalmeney, extremely good value as I managed to book a cheap deal over the internet.
The hotel bars and foyer look newly decorated. All the staff were helpful and attentive. We ate in the bar one night, which has the same menu as the restaurant. The food was extremely well presented, very tasty and good value for money.
The hotel is very well geared up for people with small children, which is nice to see and there is plenty for the little people to do.
The is also a pool, health spa, squash court for the older guests.
I can highly recommend this hotel and its location opposite the beach.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel, although no sea view, come with the added attraction of a small...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for your very complimentary remarks. The Dalmeny has always enjoyed an excellent reputation as a 'family orientated hotel' and we work hard to retain this, constantly adding to, and improving our facilities.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again on a future occasion

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Located on the sea front at st Anne's near to the pier and town centre. The hotel has a lot of facilities include a good sized pool, gym and they've even squeezed in a squash court. Room was nicely furnished. Excellent pool' we had it all to our selves one day

Room Tip: Don't have a see view room
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We do enjoy an excellent location on the main promenade overlooking the beach, promenade gardens and pier, and also within a five minute walk of the interesting array of shops, bars and restaurants in this attractive Victorian seaside resort, The hotel has a wide range of facilities, and we are constantly striving to improve and add to the services available for guests.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you back again very soon

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Only stayed one night, but very good, exellent entertainment for the kids, lots of local attractions. Breakfast room dark and dingy, but good breakfast. Good pub in town centre called Number 15 well worth a try.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Les H

Thank you for your kind comments.We do aim to provide an enjoyable experience for the whole family, and it is always gratifying to receive such positive feedback. I do take your point regarding the ambiance in the Breakfast Room, and you will no doubt be pleased to note that this area has been earmarked for improvement in the near future
I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, and look forward to welcoming you back to the Dalmeny

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lytham St Anne's
Inn on the Prom Hotel
Inn on the Prom Hotel
#7 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lyth...
#4 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
#12 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
Clifton Park Hotel
Clifton Park Hotel
#6 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's

Been to Dalmeny Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!