We've just returned from a 1 night stay at the Dalmeny. There's a nice family-feel to this Hotel and we'd definitely return.
St Anne's is lovely and it's difficult to believe how close it is to Blackpool! Over the road from the hotel there's a nice play area for the kids as well as an outdoor splash area. There's also an area with some stepping stones and a waterfall that my two had loads of fun running round! All for free.
The rooms are slightly dated but they are literally massive in comparison to most hotels now-a-days! They're also very clean so I'd choose a bit dated but clean and large over small and modern any day! We opted to pay more for our children to have their own bedroom but our friends went for a standard room and both were massive. Their kids were still in a separate area so plenty of room in both! Also worth being aware that there's a fridge in the rooms so great for storing snacks/ drinks for days out.
The pool area is also large and clean and great for the kids. There's a splash pool for the toddlers and a large pool for the bigger kids. Only downside is the shallow end is still very deep so not great for those just learning to swim!! Not so much a negative point but just a warning to take armbands!!
We ate dinner and breakfast in the Carvery Retaurant. Dinner was okay, not fantastic but fine! Breakfast was really good and my friends said it was the best cooked breakfast they'd ever had in a hotel.
During our 1 night stay the entertainment was a singer called Fiona. Fiona had a lovely voice and great way with the kids though I'd have preferred something more child-focussed. There was a film on in the lounge area for the kids but it would have been great if they'd held a kids disco for an hour or so. On Tuesday night they'd had Children's Entertainer, Adrian Catch, who we know is fantastic because we hired him for my son's 5th Birthday. Gutted it wasn't Adrian the night we were there!!! If you can be flexible on dates you're visiting maybe see what's on before you book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellent location on the main promenade overlooking the beach, promenade gardens and pier, and within a short walk of the town centre with its array of shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel offers a wide choice of rooms, including family units accommodating up to two adults and 6 children. The excellent facilities include a 20m indoor pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, children's pool, fully equipped Gym and Squash Court. Spa Dalmeny is open seven days per week offering a comprehensive range of beauty and holistic treatments. Dining options include the hotel's restaurant or Bar Indigo. Business travellers will appreciate the free Wi-Fi facility throughout the hotel,access to business services, free on site parking,extensive conference facilities, and our Snooker Room, which is available for private hire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, HRS, Agoda, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Dalmeny Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmeny Hotel Lytham St Annes
- Dalmeny Hotel St Annes
- Dalmeny Lytham St Annes
- Dalmeny Resort Hotel Lytham St Anne's, Lancashire