“Great Family Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Leeds
“Great Family Hotel”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We've just returned from a 1 night stay at the Dalmeny. There's a nice family-feel to this Hotel and we'd definitely return.

AREA
St Anne's is lovely and it's difficult to believe how close it is to Blackpool! Over the road from the hotel there's a nice play area for the kids as well as an outdoor splash area. There's also an area with some stepping stones and a waterfall that my two had loads of fun running round! All for free.

ROOMS
The rooms are slightly dated but they are literally massive in comparison to most hotels now-a-days! They're also very clean so I'd choose a bit dated but clean and large over small and modern any day! We opted to pay more for our children to have their own bedroom but our friends went for a standard room and both were massive. Their kids were still in a separate area so plenty of room in both! Also worth being aware that there's a fridge in the rooms so great for storing snacks/ drinks for days out.

POOL
The pool area is also large and clean and great for the kids. There's a splash pool for the toddlers and a large pool for the bigger kids. Only downside is the shallow end is still very deep so not great for those just learning to swim!! Not so much a negative point but just a warning to take armbands!!

DINING
We ate dinner and breakfast in the Carvery Retaurant. Dinner was okay, not fantastic but fine! Breakfast was really good and my friends said it was the best cooked breakfast they'd ever had in a hotel.

ENTERTAINMENT
During our 1 night stay the entertainment was a singer called Fiona. Fiona had a lovely voice and great way with the kids though I'd have preferred something more child-focussed. There was a film on in the lounge area for the kids but it would have been great if they'd held a kids disco for an hour or so. On Tuesday night they'd had Children's Entertainer, Adrian Catch, who we know is fantastic because we hired him for my son's 5th Birthday. Gutted it wasn't Adrian the night we were there!!! If you can be flexible on dates you're visiting maybe see what's on before you book.

1 Thank Gemma F
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for your very comprehensive comments. I was delighted to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do work very hard to provide a very family focused environment, so it is always pleasing to note that, on the whole, we seem to be succeeding.
I do take on board your comments regarding the evening entertainment for children, and will pass these on to our Entertainments Manager. I am sure you will appreciate the difficulty in pleasing all ages, so it is vital that we take notice of all guest feedback
I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Dalmeny

zrobertson@dalmenyhotel.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I've always had two left feet but I tried the Zumba Class "oh my God BRANDON is amazing, what a dancer!!!" He makes you want to dance the night away. He could make Nelly the Elephant feel sexy dancing. His energy and bubbly personality makes you come alive. I think I am in love with this guy!!!!
If you are going to stay at Dalmeny Hotel go to his class you wont regret it. He also works behind the bar too so you can watch him shake his booty as he makes you a cocktail. I am definitely his number one fan....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your very positive comments following your participation in our Zumba classes. I will certainly pass these on to Brandon - he will be absolutely delighted

I hope to welcome you back again soon for some more Zumba

Cumbria
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I visited this hotel in the school holidays with my three children. We stayed in room 212 which was very modern, spacious and ideal for larger families. The staff were very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Planned activities throughout the day for the children which was great. The pool was lovely (maybe a tad cold) for me personally. But the kids loved it especially float time. We will definitely be returning very soon.

Room Tip: Room 212 is a must for the larger family.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope that you will consider returning to the Dalmeny again in the future. Thank you for your comment regarding the temperature of the water in the indoor pool. I will certainly get our Maintenance Manager to monitor this situation closely. I appreciate your observation

Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Came here 6 years ago on recommendation and we have returned at least once per year since with our young son who is now 11. Having stoppped in many hotels with the family there is always something with which you can find fault, but not here - it ticks every box. We always book room 111 with a sea view, and Sue the housemaid has always maintained our room perfectly!
The food has great variety, of excellent quality, and freshly cooked.
The leisure facilities are A1.
Just one slightly negative point this time, I thought they would have had entertainment on in the Atrium restaurant seen as though it was a bank holiday weekend.
If you have a family of any age, and looking for a perfect family break, look no further than the Dalmeney - you will not be disappointed.

Alec, Bernadette & Michael Witts. Rochdale.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for your very kind remarks.I really value the comments of returning guests, it does help to know that we are succeeding in maintaining our standards of food and service.
I do note your observation on offering entertainment in the Atrium Restaurant during the Bank Holiday weekend, and will bear this in mind in future planning. Thank you for bringing this to my attention
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Dalmeny again soon

Brampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We visited here based upon friends recommendations and we arrived with very high expectations - we weren't disappointed!

The staff are fantastic, kids activities are great and the pool is lovely. Breakfast is the best we have ever had.

Room was lovely. A very comfy double bed for us and bunk beds for the kids in an alcove in the room allowing a little bit of privacy. Bathroom was a good size and toiletries were replenished when needed. The room had everything we could need with a good hospitality tray and hairdryer etc.

Breakfast was fantastic! We couldn't have wanted any more from it and it was the best we have had in any hotel.

We did eat in the carvery one evening and if anything, this was the only slight negative as it was quite expensive. We decided to explore and eat in other locations the other 2 nights because we didn't feel we wanted to pay the carvery price again but this was personal choice.

Activities for the kids was brilliant; from the craft activities to the daily movie and swimming and games room there was ample to keep them busy. Entertainment at night seemed mainly geared to kids rather than adults but we didn't watch for long as our kids like an early night!

All in all the hotel was brilliant and I'm already trying to work out when we can next visit!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your comprehensive review. I was delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay at The Dalmeny Hotel, and I do appreciate your comments regarding the cost of meals in the Carvery Restaurant, although I'm sure you will appreciate that, taking into consideration the quality of the food served, the portions offered, and the associated cost of staffing this unit, the actual resultant cost remains good value in the current market place. However, we realise that families do appreciate the variety of alternative eating establishments available within the local area, and invariably visit our various competitors during their stay. I will, however consider your observations when reviewing the menus in this hotel outlet.
Thank you for your constructive comments. I hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to the Dalmeny again on a future occasion

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This hotel is fantastic and I cannot recommend it highly enough. We visit every year and my wife and young kids love it as much as I do. Our room was spotless like the rest of the hotel. I have never stayed in a hotel that make kids feel so welcome and as a parent this is most welcome. The staff in the hotel are so helpful, while I was there the guest washing machine in the laundry room broke and the laundry department did some washing for us. Reception let me use one of their computers when I needed internet access and they also took time out to show us some other rooms. In addition, there was a new entertainment host called Steph I think who was excellent with both the kids and the adults. Zoe the owner/manager can be seen every morning visiting the various departments within the hotel and this has paid off as it's one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Cant wait to go back later in the year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind comments. I was delghted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My family has owned and run the Dalmeny for the past 67 years and we have always taken a very personal interest and a very 'hands on' approach to the business. It is certainly a family orientated hotel, run by a family ( my husband and I have four children)
I hope that you will continue to visit us, and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon

Skipton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We booked a refurbished family room and it was very comfortable and clean. Hotels facilities are great for families and the swimming pool was very clean and well run. Nightly entertainment was ok but aimed at younger families.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Dalmeny, although you were somewhat disappointed with the evening entertainemnt offered. We do tend to bias our entertainment towards families during the school holiday periods, but I do appreciate that this may not always appeal to slightly older guests, although we usually provide disco type music later in the evenings. However, I am sorry if this situation marred your stay in any way, and I do hope that you may consider returning again in the future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lytham St Anne's
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lyth...
#4 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
#12 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
Clifton Park Hotel
Clifton Park Hotel
#6 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's

Been to Dalmeny Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!