“Great hotel and lovely staff, Ticks all the boxes”

Dalmeny Resort Hotel
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Great hotel and lovely staff, Ticks all the boxes”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I loved this hotel from the moment I walked in. It is light, bright and airy. The staff are so friendly and can't do enough for you and it is spotlessly clean.

I walked in my room and thought...Oooh lovely...again, light, bright and airy. Off-white colour walls, blues, greys, silver colours and light brown furniture. Extremely clean and modern bathrooms with power showers and free shampoos/conditioners, shower caps, soaps; lovely. Plenty Tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits.

I was in room 101, which was also really close to the leisure complex, which I thought was FAB. As a large woman, I am quite self-conscious and I didn't have far to walk and the pool and jacuzzi are great. A decent size pool for a change and I felt completely relaxed. Great showers and plenty of room.

For evening meal, I had starter of scallops on toasted brioche..mmmmmmmm and for main meal I had the salmon and prawn taglatelli in a lemon sauce. I am part Italian and taglatelli is my favourite pasta...This is seriously one of the best taglatelli dishes I have ever tasted. Cooked to perfection...the sauce was quite thick....delicious and full compliments to the chef. Breakfast is the usual, bacon, sausage, etc..but they also did black pudding which was nice. All cooked just right.

Room Tip: I loved room 101. but the rooms there, i.e. 102 103 etc are very near the leisure complex.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tina D
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you very much for your fantastic review, I was very pleased you like the newly refurbished rooms, these rooms have proven to be very popular, therefore we recommend booking early and requesting at the time of booking.
I was very glad to hear you enjoyed your meal. We have gone for a more Mediterranean style menu with a selection of tapas in the Atrium and Bar Indigo. What a fantastic compliment you gave regarding the tagliatelli, I will pass this on to our chef, thank you again.
We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Zoe Robertson - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had a short break here and enjoyed everything about this hotel. All the staff were helpful, our room was so pleasant and welcoming, everything was very clean and well maintained. There was a pool which we really enjoyed, with very well-done lighting, making it very pleasant to be there. There was a lovely jacuzzi, and the water was perfect - warm but not too warm, clean, and not over-chlorinated. The children were very happy there. It's right by the beach, so we could go there and run around, and our room had a fabulous view. The beds were very comfortable.

Room Tip: A sea view will be stunning.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you so much for your very positive comments. We do try very hard to please all our guests, especially families, and on this occasion it appears that we have certainly achieved this aim
We continue to expand the range of activities and family entertainment offered, as we do see a growing trend in a return to the British seaside holiday.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again very soon

Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have stayed at the Dalmeny on two occasions now, the first visit, the room was beautiful with lovely views, a deluxe double suite, breakfast is A1 cannot fault it.. The Carvery I would say was very disappointing, we ended up commenting on checkout how bad it was and the receptionist kindly gave us a discount on the meals. Our second visit, we had a different room on the same floor another deluxe double suite, £150 night but this time I would say the room was slightly disappointing, it was smaller, and the furniture had to be honest seen better days, the easy chairs were stained and extremely well worn, (virtually sat on the floor, the seat sagged that much) and the paintwork on the dresser etc was a little worn. Again breakfast was excellent, didn't eat in the restaurants this time we ate out. Would definitely recommend the hotel especially room 252 that's lovely 256 a little in need of some tlc. Staff very friendly, and helpful, will definitely go again just be choosy on which room.

Room Tip: After only two visits room quality seemed to be a bit hit and miss, only used two rooms so hopefully...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your very constructive comments. I was pleased to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us, although I note your comments regarding the room allocated.I am sure you will be pleased to hear that we have now embarked on a refurbishment programme to encompass all rooms, although this is, unfortunately, a rather slow process, dueto the high occupancy levels during the main holiday season
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again on a future occasion, when I trust that your experience will be totally enjoyable

darwen lancs
Reviewed 7 September 2013

After reading the mixed reviews I was a bit apprehensive but the hotel was wonderful. We had a family room it was perfectly clean,very spacious and well planned .The reception and all the employees were charming ,courteous and nothing was to much trouble .At breakfast I requested a poached egg ,the chef very kindly cooked three for me ,I only managed two but they were beautifully cooked .Thank you for a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: A room with a sea view is recommended
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for your constuctive comments.
I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite your initial apprehension when booking. It is our aim to provide a comprehensive range of facilities together with a high level of personal service, and it was heartening to hear that you experienced an example of this in the Carvery Restaurant when the Chef obliged with your poached eggs.
I hope that this experience will help you decide to visit us again in the future, and I look forward to welcoming you personally

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Just back from a great stay at the Dalmeny. Having walked out of another hotel we'd originally booked as it was so bad, we rang the Dalmeny as friends had recommended it. From start to finish, everything was first class. We stayed on a B+B basis. Had a lovely big family suite (212) , very clean, spacious and modern. The breakfasts were high quality and plenty of choice every day. All the staff are really friendly and the kids loved it. Really nice pool and bar areas too. We will be returning next year.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Katey101
Thank you for your very complimentary review. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially since we were not the hotel you originally booked. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the non too distant future

Dalmeny Hotel
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went back to The Dalmeny for 3 nights with the little one (9) in the middle of August and really just to say that all I said in my last review is pretty much as is for this one. Excellent family hotel with endless options for the kids. Good food although once again, we chose to eat in the Atrium rather than the carvery which does appear a little expensive. On our DB&B rate though, our "allowance" from the carvery was transferred to the Atrium and so eating worked out pretty inexpensive. Excellent rate offered over the phone about 3 weeks prior to going.

The only difference this time was rather than a family room at the back (with balcony), which was more than adequate, we had a sea view family roon with a balcony. The room was supperb, excellent size with king size bed and double sofa bed for the lad. If you can, ALWAYS go for one of these rooms on the second or third floor.

For a family trip, The Dalmeny is very difficult to beat. Good location, nice atmosphere, excellent staff, good food, superb rooms (if you choose correctly) and a whole host of child friendly activities. The pool is superb and the gym well appointed too.

Come rain or shine (and thankfully we had the latter), The Dalmeny will always give you something to do and neither you nor the kids will ever be bored.

Highly recommended for family visits.

Room Tip: Second or third floor sea view with balcony if you can, the little extra is worth it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay at The Dalmeny. I was delighted to learn that you once again enjoyed your stay with us. It is always gratifying to learn that, overall, we continue to provide a consistent standard of facilities and service. We constantly endeavour to update all aspects of our operation to encompass new innovations and changing tastes, so it is especially important to us to hear that we remain on track to achieve these aims
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just arrived back from two nights at The Dalmeny at St Annes with my wife and two teenagers 13&17 . We booked on the last minute only the week before as a late break before college and school. First class, very clean, good size room with all the little extras . We booked DB&B, the food was first class, all fresh and well cooked. We have had dinner at the local carvery in the past and the food is ok, but not as good as the Dalmeny. I would say book the evening meal with the room so you do not pay full price it is well worth it. Do not be fooled with the local carvery it could work out dearer than you think!!
The Dalmeny is currently a 3 star but with a little TLC here and there it is easily a 4. With this said you will not be disappointed . The staff are all very smart and pleasant [service with a smile]. We have stopped at hotels where it would have killed some staff to smile, well done Dalmeny, keep it up. We also tried cocktails at the indigo bar a must as a treat!! All in all first class weekend, we will be booking again hopefully for a little longer stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
I was delighted to read your recent review. It is feedback like this that really makes my day, and I will certainly pass your comments on to all my team.
We do work very hard to provide an enjoyable experience for all the family, so it is always heartwarming to hear that, overall, we seem to be going in the right direction