“Looking forward to visit.”

Dalmeny Resort Hotel
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We are due to visit the Dalmeny again 26th Sep, after a x2year gap from previous stays.
Previous stays have been lovely & the staff as allways where very friendly with a can do attitude & only too willing to cater to your needs.
We have never tried the Carvery instead opting to eat out.
It would be nice for the hotel to provide a free or discounted first visit.

It does help if you have a good idea of the room layout, we tend to request specific rooms & if you book in good time youre wishes will be suitably afforded.
It is a very family friendly Hotel & the Kids absolutely love the place.
The Breakfast is the perfect way to start the day & caters for all tastes cereal/Yogurt/fruit for healthy diet.
personally,You can`t beat a plate full of bacon/Sausage / Black pudding / Eggs / Beans / Tomatoe / fried bread / Mushrooms.
Entertainment is children orientated & is just enough from past exerience.
Lots of activities for the Kids & provide an excellent opportunity for mum & dad to have a rest.
Pool area is like an oasis & is beautifuly lit.

Dalmeny here we come The Bond family.

Room Tip: Call in when in the area & have a look around the hotel layout. We prefer rooms above squash co...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

I am delighted that you have chosen to visit us again, and I hope that your stay is just as enjoyable.
You will no doubt be please to hear that we are in the process of compiling a map detailing the layout of the hotel and the position of all rooms.However, we do try to honour requests for specific rooms whenever possible, and our reservations agents are happy to discuss guest requirements in detail at the time of reservation, to ensure that the most suitable accommodation is allocated
Guests do have the option of dining in the Carvery when booked on a Dinner,Bed and Breakfast package, or alternatively they can opt for the Atrium when an allowance is made against the a la carte selection. This gives flexibility to guests throughout their stay with us
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Dalmeny Hotel

Reviewed 20 September 2013

The initial room I was allocated was very poor. Decor and sheets were old and had seen better days. Staff moved me to another very small room with limited outlook but at least the room had been recently upgraded. Breakfast was cold on a few mornings and other guests complained. Probably not a good hotel for business but the spa appeared to be very good.

Room Tip: Be careful of rooms with lower numbers around central courtyard as they are very dated.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for your review. We are in the middle of a refurbishment programme and are continuing with the re-investment, I am pleased to hear we had an alternative room to offer you.

I apologise if the breakfast was not hot enough, however had you let our staff know they would gladly have refreshed your breakfast for you.

I am not in agreement with your comment regarding 'not a good hotel for businesss'. We are very popular with corporate guests and offer very competive corporate rates. We have fantastic leisure facilities, free wi-fi, ample free parking, early breakfast and we are within minutes walk from a vibrant town, which offers a wide variety of bars and eateries. We often do special food and drink offers in Bar Indigo for our corporate guests. The Dalmeny pride's itself in being an ideal hotel for coporate guests mid-week, whilst catering more for families at the weekends and school holiday's.

We do hope you will visit us again.

Zoe Robertson - General Manager

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I loved this hotel from the moment I walked in. It is light, bright and airy. The staff are so friendly and can't do enough for you and it is spotlessly clean.

I walked in my room and thought...Oooh lovely...again, light, bright and airy. Off-white colour walls, blues, greys, silver colours and light brown furniture. Extremely clean and modern bathrooms with power showers and free shampoos/conditioners, shower caps, soaps; lovely. Plenty Tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits.

I was in room 101, which was also really close to the leisure complex, which I thought was FAB. As a large woman, I am quite self-conscious and I didn't have far to walk and the pool and jacuzzi are great. A decent size pool for a change and I felt completely relaxed. Great showers and plenty of room.

For evening meal, I had starter of scallops on toasted brioche..mmmmmmmm and for main meal I had the salmon and prawn taglatelli in a lemon sauce. I am part Italian and taglatelli is my favourite pasta...This is seriously one of the best taglatelli dishes I have ever tasted. Cooked to perfection...the sauce was quite thick....delicious and full compliments to the chef. Breakfast is the usual, bacon, sausage, etc..but they also did black pudding which was nice. All cooked just right.

Room Tip: I loved room 101. but the rooms there, i.e. 102 103 etc are very near the leisure complex.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tina D

Thank you very much for your fantastic review, I was very pleased you like the newly refurbished rooms, these rooms have proven to be very popular, therefore we recommend booking early and requesting at the time of booking.
I was very glad to hear you enjoyed your meal. We have gone for a more Mediterranean style menu with a selection of tapas in the Atrium and Bar Indigo. What a fantastic compliment you gave regarding the tagliatelli, I will pass this on to our chef, thank you again.
We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Zoe Robertson - General Manager

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had a short break here and enjoyed everything about this hotel. All the staff were helpful, our room was so pleasant and welcoming, everything was very clean and well maintained. There was a pool which we really enjoyed, with very well-done lighting, making it very pleasant to be there. There was a lovely jacuzzi, and the water was perfect - warm but not too warm, clean, and not over-chlorinated. The children were very happy there. It's right by the beach, so we could go there and run around, and our room had a fabulous view. The beds were very comfortable.

Room Tip: A sea view will be stunning.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you so much for your very positive comments. We do try very hard to please all our guests, especially families, and on this occasion it appears that we have certainly achieved this aim
We continue to expand the range of activities and family entertainment offered, as we do see a growing trend in a return to the British seaside holiday.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again very soon

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have stayed at the Dalmeny on two occasions now, the first visit, the room was beautiful with lovely views, a deluxe double suite, breakfast is A1 cannot fault it.. The Carvery I would say was very disappointing, we ended up commenting on checkout how bad it was and the receptionist kindly gave us a discount on the meals. Our second visit, we had a different room on the same floor another deluxe double suite, £150 night but this time I would say the room was slightly disappointing, it was smaller, and the furniture had to be honest seen better days, the easy chairs were stained and extremely well worn, (virtually sat on the floor, the seat sagged that much) and the paintwork on the dresser etc was a little worn. Again breakfast was excellent, didn't eat in the restaurants this time we ate out. Would definitely recommend the hotel especially room 252 that's lovely 256 a little in need of some tlc. Staff very friendly, and helpful, will definitely go again just be choosy on which room.

Room Tip: After only two visits room quality seemed to be a bit hit and miss, only used two rooms so hopefully...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very constructive comments. I was pleased to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us, although I note your comments regarding the room allocated.I am sure you will be pleased to hear that we have now embarked on a refurbishment programme to encompass all rooms, although this is, unfortunately, a rather slow process, dueto the high occupancy levels during the main holiday season
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again on a future occasion, when I trust that your experience will be totally enjoyable

Reviewed 7 September 2013

After reading the mixed reviews I was a bit apprehensive but the hotel was wonderful. We had a family room it was perfectly clean,very spacious and well planned .The reception and all the employees were charming ,courteous and nothing was to much trouble .At breakfast I requested a poached egg ,the chef very kindly cooked three for me ,I only managed two but they were beautifully cooked .Thank you for a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: A room with a sea view is recommended
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
ZoeR1, General Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for your constuctive comments.
I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite your initial apprehension when booking. It is our aim to provide a comprehensive range of facilities together with a high level of personal service, and it was heartening to hear that you experienced an example of this in the Carvery Restaurant when the Chef obliged with your poached eggs.
I hope that this experience will help you decide to visit us again in the future, and I look forward to welcoming you personally

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Just back from a great stay at the Dalmeny. Having walked out of another hotel we'd originally booked as it was so bad, we rang the Dalmeny as friends had recommended it. From start to finish, everything was first class. We stayed on a B+B basis. Had a lovely big family suite (212) , very clean, spacious and modern. The breakfasts were high quality and plenty of choice every day. All the staff are really friendly and the kids loved it. Really nice pool and bar areas too. We will be returning next year.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Katey101

Thank you for your very complimentary review. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially since we were not the hotel you originally booked. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the non too distant future

Dalmeny Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lytham St Anne's
0 mi away
Inn on the Prom Hotel
Inn on the Prom Hotel
#6 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lyth...
#4 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
#8 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
St. Ives Hotel
St. Ives Hotel
#1 of 1 in St. Annes-on-Sea

Been to Dalmeny Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!