My wife and I stayed 2 nights at the Dalmeny in October celebrating a family birthday. We had booked a twin room and our room (207) did indeed have two beds, a double (fine) and a single in an alcove behind the door about 10 feet away. In this bed you could hear everything that occurred in the toilet of the room next door (not so fine). We tried the double on the first night but found the mattress very springy with any movement disturbing and liable to wake the other person. Although the room was well serviced and clean it was in a poor decorative state. Wallpaper near the window was damp and starting to peel away from the walls with mould showing through. Unless you are on the top (3rd floor) there is a lot of noise from the floors above.
Breakfast is exactly what you would expect from a family hotel - hot and cold buffet with a good selection. The hotel was completely full during our stay and the breakfast queues were long at times.
The leisure facilities are a bit hit and miss. The pool and spa area are good but the snooker/ darts room is unusable. The snooker table cloth is badly ripped and holed, the table lighting is completely inadequate as it uses low energy low wattage light bulbs and the dart board is hanging off the wall.
Our party of 7 dined in the Atrium restaurant on one night and the food was not wonderful but OK.
The one saving grace at the Dalmeny are the staff. Without exception they were all very helpful, dealing with a couple of room changes without hesitation and always cheerful and welcoming.
In summary: The Dalmeny is a 'tired' hotel. The outside badly needs a lick of paint (I know October is at the end of the season and maybe it wasn't looking its best). The rooms we saw badly need a refurb as do some of the facilities. The price of £120/night B & B is way too high, even with great staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellent location on the main promenade overlooking the beach, promenade gardens and pier, and within a short walk of the town centre with its array of shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel offers a wide choice of rooms, including family units accommodating up to two adults and 6 children. The excellent facilities include a 20m indoor pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, children's pool, fully equipped Gym and Squash Court. Spa Dalmeny is open seven days per week offering a comprehensive range of beauty and holistic treatments. Dining options include the hotel's restaurant or Bar Indigo. Business travellers will appreciate the free Wi-Fi facility throughout the hotel,access to business services, free on site parking,extensive conference facilities, and our Snooker Room, which is available for private hire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Dalmeny Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmeny Hotel Lytham St Annes
- Dalmeny Hotel St Annes
- Dalmeny Lytham St Annes
- Dalmeny Resort Hotel Lytham St Anne's, Lancashire