“Wonderful family weekend .”

Dalmeny Resort Hotel
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful family weekend .”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

The Dalmeny really does get it right. We had a fabulous suite with adjoining room for the children. The entertainment was excellent , the food was superb and we had a wonderful relaxing break. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank craff39
Dalmeny1, Guest Relations Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your very complimentary comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the non too distant future
Rachel Rothney
Guest Relations Manager
Dalmeny Hotel
events@dalmenyhotel.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have enjoyed a two night mini break at the Dalmeny. Pool great and kids cinema a treat. The rooms are a bit of a lucky dip as they all vary in quality and there doesn't seem to be much clarification between them. We had booked dinner bed and breakfast on the understanding that we could either dine in the carvery or have an allowance to spend in the The Atrium.Sadly the rules have changed since time of booking and we were told we would be charged an additional fee to eat in there,that it was compulsory three courses and we could not order food anywhere else except the carvery. This is not what we booked and not what is advertised on the web site so beware when booking that you know what you are gettIng. The food is a good standard but they need to sort out their terms so guests are not left feeling disgruntled,this was precious time spent with my family and I did not appreciate having to argue with the duty manager who was uninterested.

Room Tip: Make sure you clarify exactly what you are getting when booking
7 Thank Claregolds
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Having arrived at the hotel we were asked if we would like a wake up call or a newspaper but not informed what time breakfast was or even where to go for breakfast. The next morning my family and I were just about to go for a walk until I asked what time breakfast was served until. To my horror I was informed it finished in 10 minutes. Our room was clean but we overlooked a lot of rubbish. At the time of booking we were told we were in a newly decorated room which could have done with decorating again, the food was rubbish, advertised activities didn't happen, staff didn't listen to any resolve to any problems. The friends we were with have stayed at this hotel for 20 years and this is our second visit and both have said won't be coming back. When ordered a children's spaghetti Bolognese for 3 children, 2 of which we're aged 3 or 4 the portion size was disgusting and the children were still hungry. Having approached the waiter and told him that we were disappointed with the portion size we asked if we could have 3 more portions he refused us point blank. We then asked to see the duty manager. She told us that having spoken to a director (we're talking about a 50p portion of spaghetti by the way) about the situation she would take our comments onboard and if we wanted to order any more spaghetti Bolognese we would have to pay for it. We even told her that neither families would be returning to the Dalmeny she wasn't interested so much for customer service what a joke. How astonishing that for the sake of a 50p portion of spaghetti they would rather have people who have stayed here for 20 years not return. How disappointing. Never

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank WhiteJulie
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We booked a 2 night break for a family of 5. Paid extra for a sea view, this made looking at out the sea each morning a nice start to the day. Even though it was half-term the hotel didn't seem busy. We really appreciated the kids activities and all of us enjoyed 'Kevin the Clown' and the the kids disco. In summary a good old fashioned family break, lots to do and I would come back again. I would recommend the cinema across the road for a cheap activity (£3.50 each) if it is a rainy day. Also for a better choice of nice cafe's and restaurants drive up to Lytham.

1 Thank Merlosontour
Dalmeny1, Guest Relations Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for your review, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your family beak. We are very fortunate to be in such a great location with a wide variety of cafe's and specialised shops both in St Annes and Lytham, which is just 5 minutes down the road. I do hope you will have the chance to stay with us again soon and look forward to welcoming you back to the Dalmeny.
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My husband, daughter, and I have just returned from a two night stay here. I was slightly disappointed with our room, which was a standard ground floor room for 4, but it was huge and clean and functional. The pool was great as was the breakfast, and the staff were very welcoming. This hotel is great for kids, even on a weekend with no planned activities or entertainment. Shame that two of the eateries were closed, so the food on offer was limited, but it meant that we could venture outside of the hotel to eat, so no real issues here. I did note that quite a few of the games machines in the kids games rooms were not working, which was disappointing for my daughter. Will probably return, but may look for a better quality room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dalmeny1, Guest Relations Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
We do hope you will visit us again and have the opportunity to stay when we have a full entertainment package, I am sure you and your children would enjoy the various activities we have on offer.
I am sorry the room wasn't to your liking, we do have a number of family rooms which have had a full revamp, please ask our reservation team at the time of booking and they will be happy to advise which room would be best for your particular needs.
I am unsure if you made our staff aware of the maintenance issues in the games room but I would encourage our guests to let us know of any issues that is impacting on your stay, we will make every effort to put this right for you.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed for a weekend for the 4th time over the last few years. The weather was windy and raining - luckily there was fantastic entertainment running all day and into the evening for the kids.
Our accommodation was shabby, cigarette hole in the eiderdown, toilet seat loose, wallpaper coming off the walls in the bedroom and odd heating in the bedroom area which we found difficult to operate, so a cold bedroom. The noise late in the evening was horrendous, not just from children running wild along the long corridors shouting, but adults standing outside on the corridor having conversations with normal voices at midnight- we could hear everything! There were very few directions around the hotel and we found ourselves continually getting lost.
Dinning room was pleasant with plenty of choices both for breakfast and evening meal.
In conclusion, great for the kids,even when the weather is bad, but even better when the weather is good as there is the beach and outside activities nearby. OK for the adults for a couple of days as you know the children are having a great time.

Room Tip: I do not know what is a good room at this hotel. i imagine that a sea view with a balcony would be...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you all enjoyed the family entertainment and the dining options.
I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed in the standard of your room, we do highly recommend our guests report any maintenance or housekeeping issues to a Duty Manager or our Front of House team, we can then take the appropriate action whilst you are still here, enabling you to enjoy the rest of your stay.
We are in the middle of a refurbishment programme and some rooms have already had a full revamp, we recommend you request these at the time of booking. We do have a full time maintenance team who deal with any day to day maintenance problems.
I was also sorry to hear you were disturbed by fellow guests, we do have 24 hour reception cover and any problems with disturbance can be reported to our Night Managers who will deal with any problems straight away.
We have recently purchased new signage for the main public areas, I hope you will find this helpful if you visit us again.
We do hope to welcome you back to the Dalmeny and hope you will consider staying with us again and that you will have the opportunity to stay in one of our refurbished rooms.
If you would like to contact me direct to discuss any of the issues regarding your stay, I can address the problems immediately. email: events@dalmenyhotel.co.uk
harrogate
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We had a fantastic week here in late Sept last year and so decided to revisit. I really like this hotel and have visited several times over many years.

Sadly The Management have altered their catering policy, so there are only pizzas available in the bar, or you can have a 3 course meal in either The Carvery or The Atrium.

I was told in The Atrium that was the only deal on offer, 3 courses or nothing. I did complain at reception and the manager said he would come to an arrangement where we could just have what we wanted and pay for that.

I don't have the appetite for a large 3 course meal and it would have been a waste of food.

It was very helpful of him to offer this but by this point I didn't understand why this couldn't have been offered this to start with, so we went elsewhere on both nights of our stay in St Annes as it is full of fantastic restaurants.

I can highly recommend the Olive Tree Brasserie, and Imlie Indian restaurant at the back of the Dalmeney on Wood Street.

I discovered you can order the room service menu, and it is individually priced courses and the same menu as some of the items in the Atrium....if I had realised this I would have ordered room service and then taken it into the bar to eat.

Also I noted if you book for dinner bed and breakfast but don't like pizza or the menu in The Carvery it states you have to pay an extra £9.50 to have dinner in The Atrium. That seems odd to me.

Would it put me off staying again? No this is my Favourite hotel in St Annes. The staff and facilities are fantastic. We had a great room and breakfast is lovely.

All it means is I would stay, but would'nt eat in the hotel as there are lots of good restaurants in St Annes, But to The Management please note, you are loosing money you lost out on our custom.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tardis38
Dalmeny1, Guest Relations Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
I am sorry you were disappointed in your latest visit. It isn't clear from your review if you were booked on our dinner, bed and breakfast package or not. In previous times we have offered 3 venues for dining, the Carvery, Atrium and Bar Indigo; unfortunately it isn't viable to run a FULL menu in the 3 restaurants anymore. For guests booked on dinner, bed and breakfast we offer a 3 course dinner in the Carvery restaurant. When the Atrium is open as well as the Carvery, there is an option to use £15 towards the menu of the day. We do feel that the 3 course meal in the Atrium at the cost of £24.50 is still good value, the price is more as it is table service and additional cost is reflected in the dishes that are on offer. We will take on board your comments regarding the 2 course option, although this is not available at present but will review this. Room service is only available for guests eating in their room and cannot be taken in the bar. As you stated there are some fantastic restaurants in St Annes and the Dalmeny has the advantage of a rear entrance, it is only 2 minutes to the town centre. We see this as another bonus to stay at the Dalmeny Hotel.
We do hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lytham St Anne's
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lyth...
#4 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
#12 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
Clifton Park Hotel
Clifton Park Hotel
#6 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's

Been to Dalmeny Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!