“It was "alright"”

Dalmeny Resort Hotel
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I went here on the first week of the Scottish summer holiday, so it was relatively quiet. Room was good, a family room with a separate room for the single. food was amazing (we were on the dinner bed and breakfast deal) BUT this was only because there wasn't enough people staying in the hotel to open up the carvery which was what was included in the deal which we did eat in once and it was okay, not great but not bad! How ever you
Can eat in the restaurant which is fantastic! Might cost you more but well worth it! The hotel had a spa which included a gym and a pool. Though how ever one day I was more or less kicked out the pool when swimming as swimming lessons were taking place, which is was NOT informed about when I enter the pool about 15 minutes prier to being forced out! I can't imagine this being a problem during the English school holidays as I imagine them being off. Bar was nice, decent pricing for what you get! Everything is very modern expect of the room we were staying in, this was very dated and no where near what was shown on the website! Did have a huge balcony area (it was shared between 4 other rooms but had our own section). Would I return to this hotel? Maybe, the mode next to the dalmany looked a lot better but it didn't have a gym, spa or pool. I'd go back for the food though! That was excellent!

Stayed: July 2014
Dalmeny1, Guest Relations Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was concerned to learn that you were somewhat disappointed with certain aspects of your visit.
I note that you enjoyed the food served in the hotel restaurant, which was the sole option for dining during your visit, as the Carvery Restaurant was closed. I can, however, assure you that the standard of food served in The Carvery is of the same quality as that served in the restaurant.
Please accept my apologies that you were not informed of the impending swimming class before entering the pool. This was certainly an oversight by our Poll Reception staff, and I have raised this matter with them in order to prevent a similar problem in the future
You will no doubt be pleased to hear that we have embarked on a refurbishment programme to encompass all rooms within the hotel , and although, due to high occupancy levels, this work will take some time, I am sure that you will see a considerable improvement on your next visit
Thank you once again for your constructive comments

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night ( Sunday special) during the month of June, we had visited the hotel on a number of occasions as non residents for coffee and also a meal, we were hoping to arrange a stay for a number of our relatives and friends in the near future once we had experienced the hotel first hand.
What a disappointment, the first room we were given was at the far end of the hotel with a view of the sea front and a brick wall to our right, the room it self was in need in my opinion of a deep clean, the bathroom was also in need of a deep clean. My wife complained and we we moved to a much bigger room, I say big. It had two double beds, I have to be honest this room was also in need of a deep clean, the shower was disgusting and it appears not much attention was given when cleaning of this room takes place, the whole room looked very tired and is crying out to be upgraded, having said that what does it take to clean a room thoroughly.
The balcony though it had a fabulous view was very dirty, again what does it take to clean it properly.
On the plus side, the staff were very polite and helpful, the facilities are very good and the children would enjoy them without question. The location is excellent with and excellent beach just a two min walk away, the transport systems in and out of St Annes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul M

Thank you for your constructive comments
I was very concerned to learn of your disappointment with the two rooms offered during your stay. I have passed these to our Executive Housekeeper for her urgent attention. We are currently in the process of refurbishing all rooms within the hotel, and although, due to current high occupancy levels,, this work will take some time, we know that our guests will be delighted with the result. Meanwhile, should you consider returning to the hotel, I would suggest that you contact me personally to discuss your requirements, when I would be delighted to suggest a suitable selection of rooms for your perusal

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Value for money and facilities for the family first class. It does what it says on the tin, it lives up to its star rating but you cant expect gourmet food or service, its the second time of staying here and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Legoals

Thank you for taking the time review your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back again on a future occasion

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I went to your hotel and I can say I will come again I came with my family and we all loved it. I thought that the pool was well fun and I especially like the float time.
The breakfast area was AMAZING. The restaurant near reception was very good . I liked the chip pots they were so cute said my mum. The floor was clean and so was the beds. I came in, in march 2014.

I am probably coming again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Class F

Thank you for your very positive remarks. We are extremely proud of our facilities for all the family, and it is always heart warming to receive such praise (especially for the chip containers!)
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again very soon

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Awful, dirty and poor service. Having stayed here on business for eight weeks I have had the misfortune of staying in several of the dirty, smelly old fashioned rooms. A lot of the rooms are in desperate need of a deep clean and make over. No enamel left on the bath tub, strong smell of drains in some of the ground floor rooms, dirty net curtains and TV's that don't work (the old deep, heavy backed TV, no flat screens in some rooms). I would avoid this hotel at all costs! The standard of rooms vary from disgusting and in my experience, ok at best! The only good thing about this hotel is the location

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank HighStan
Dalmeny1, Guest Relations Manager at Dalmeny Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I was most concerned to learn of your disappointing experience whilst staying with us recently. It appears that you were allocated one of our rooms which is currently earmarked for refurbishment. We are in the process of revamping all rooms in the hotel, but, due to extremely high occupancy levels, this is taking longer than we originally planned.
If you are planning to visit St Annes again, please contact me direct and I will endeavour to accommodate you in a refurbished room with flat screen TV and good WiFi connection. Please accept my sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory experience

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

When arrived was told had no reservation when paid 50.00 deposit so wasn't happy but was given a different room a 6 bed room 540 which was amazing so spacious terrace excellent for kids played all night pool lovely lots to do breakfast was full English and continental well worth the money overall enjoyed our stay so much going back next mnth

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, following your recent stay at the Dalmeny. I was concerned to learn that you experienced some difficulty on arrival, when you were informed that we had not recorded your initial reservation. However, I am pleased to note that our Reception staff managed to accommodate you in a larger suite of rooms, and that the rest of your stay proved entirely enjoyable, so much so that you are returning to stay with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Dalmeny

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have enjoyed swimming at the Dalmeny for the past 5 years, taking my son weekly since he was born. This last year I became a swim member and visited 3 or 4 times a week which was great.

That was until the beginning of this week when I arrived as usual only to be told memberships had now changed, I could no longer be a swim only member, that it wasn't a 'proper' membership anyway (how demeaning?!) and that I could only go in if I accepted a 60% increase in membership fees!

Now I fully accept they are entitled to change their membership options, my issue is that at no time was I warned that I would not be able to renew my monthly membership. Not when I paid in May was I told this would be the last time I could have such a membership and not on any of my 3 or 4 weekly visits. Even though my membership card clearly stated 'swim only' for all to see.

I raised my concerns with staff who offered no solution, just advised me to accept the 60% increase to full membership and that letting me know must have been overlooked (presumably because I didn't have 'proper' membership!).

Would a months' notice period really have been too much to ask after the amount of time and money I had spent there, rather than being left unable to enter and treated like a second class citizen with my 'improper' membership? Some time to weigh up my options or maybe find an alternative location for my son and I?

This has left a very bitter taste, customer service only seems to be offered to some rather than all their members, so beware, communication is not a strength, and neither is problem solving.

From a very saddened mother & son.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank CALT76

I was extremely concerned to learn of your disappointing experience in our Leisure Club. We have recently reviewed and revised the packages available to members, but it appears that you were not advised of these changes prior to your visit. Please accept my sincere apologies for the way in which this matter was addressed.
I would advise that you write to our Director/General Manager, Samantha Lewis, outlining your case. I am sure that Samantha will consider this situation and endeavour to come up with a satisfactory solution
Guest Relations Manage

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lytham St Anne's
0 mi away
Inn on the Prom Hotel
Inn on the Prom Hotel
#6 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Best Western Plus Blackpool Lyth...
#4 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
#8 of 16 in Lytham St Anne's
St. Ives Hotel
St. Ives Hotel
#1 of 1 in St. Annes-on-Sea

Been to Dalmeny Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!