“100% recommend ”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Colne, United Kingdom
“100% recommend ”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We were attending a wedding in Lytham and the reception meal was at the Dalmeny hotel. We originally booked the room for Saturday only bed and breakfast @£100. We later decided to stay the Friday night as well. Upon checking for a price for Friday I discovered both nights were now available for £80 each. I rang the hotel and explained and they happily booked us both nights for £160 b&b.

Upon arrival the staff could not have been friendlier and more helpful. They were great and this continued all weekend. Although we didn't have an evening meal at the hotel the food being served while we were having a drink all looked and smelt amazing and if we return I would definitely give it a go.

All in all a very pleasant stay and certainly return.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank nik69uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review before I leave the Dalmeny...we have had a fantastic stay...our chosen room hadn't been completely finished being refurbished when we arrived but we were given a very nice room for our first night, the following day we were smoothly moved to room 108 which was beautiful, lots of room for us all,with a very nice balcony overlooking the sea, after 2 nights we decided we would like to stay an extra day, not a problem, however this meant us moving to room 107...again not a problem to the AMAZING staff at the Dalmeny...we were smoothly moved here whilst we were lazing in the pool......the food is excellent, staff outstanding, rooms beautiful....what more can I say...we will definitely be back ... God willing

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Yeadoners
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We all went on the 28th July for a 2 day stay . On arrival our room wasn't ready so after a wait of 20mins we went into the room , to find it wasn't the room we had booked , so I went down to speak to the duty manager, she came up and looked at the room and said sorry she would sort the beds out and amend my invoice .
The rooms where nice but not what I had paid for !
The entrance to our rooms you had to go down a corridor past some toilets and the smell from them was bad .
On our last day we decided to lie in a little only to be woken up by house keeping banging on the door at 0820 and leering her self into the room , while we was still on bed , I was impressed with that !
On booking out at 11 , my bill hadn't been amended at all in fact it was more then I was quoted at the time of booking , I'm still waiting to get a reply about all this .
I'm very disappointed with this hotel I'm the way some things are , and customer service needs looking at

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Alan Y
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in room 102 for a long wkend. On check in i asked 4 a balcony room which i thought i had booked but was i little disapointed when i was told i hadnt + all those rooms wr full, the lady gave us 102 which was new, modern and a good size so no damage done. I also comented on check in it was our 20th visit (no reply). Hotel has everythin u want entertainment, pool, spa, good bar + good food, most staff are pleasant 2. We will probably b back again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael R
London
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Arrived Monday 21/07/2014 great large room I requested a balcony to smoke which is large
the Wi-Fi connected straight away the room is large and spotless the staff are happy to do anything for you cannot fault anything so far

Room Tip: 1st floor easy to get to
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nickweill
Westhoughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just come back from a weekend away with my husband at the Dalmeny Hotel Lytham St Anne's, stayed here load's of time's in the past and still brilliant, This time just a chill weekend for us both, but in the past we've been with our grandchildren and they've loved every minuet, lovely big balcony room with sea view, and a massive pool, the food is to a very high stardard with lot's of choice, Give it a go it's the best!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for a premier room with a balcony, great sea view's and very roomy just nice to sit there and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
manchester
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We booked a last minute weekend at The Dalmeny at reduced prices. The room was a front facing room with balcony facing the sea..lovely! I have stayed at the hotel several times with family. The amenities are great for a family. The swimming pool and games room with activities throughout the day and evening to occupy the children. However, The hotel has had refurbishment throughout and the prices have increased and frankly out priced many families who would still like to enjoy The Hotel. I speak from comments of many of my friends and my daughters friends! I am not sure how this affects the hotel. Several of my friends do go to their sister hotel St. Ives which is generally cheaper. The food is okay but introducing a self service tea and coffee area in the already small dining area makes breakfast time rather busy!! We both enjoyed the weekend and like St. Anne's and The Dalmeny!

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are lovely and spacious and quiet..a little dearer on the downside! most of the r...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple