Dalmeny Resort Hotel
The Queens Hotel - Lytham(Lytham St Anne's)
US$118
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Clifton Park Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$126
  • Breakfast included
St. Ives Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$114
US$108
Inn on the Prom Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$159
US$154
Hotels.com
Mode Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$122
US$104
Chadwick Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$83
US$78
Clifton Arms Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$201
US$93
US$87
Priceline
The Lindum Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$80
  • Restaurant
The Bedford Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$147
1,005 results
All reviewsatrium restaurantindigo barkids cinemacarvery restaurantcinema roomsquash courtswimming poolsea viewseparate toiletgreat family hotelevening entertainmentschool holidayssteam roomfront facingfamily roomchildren's entertainmentleisure facilities
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We returned again to the Dalmeny for our summer holiday with our 2 children. The stay was really enjoyable.
Good Points:
- John and Rachel on reception was really helpful with checking us in and helping us change a few weeks before to a front room with balcony.
- The 2 girls who ran the Childcare were fantastic, my kids really enjoyed spending time with them.
- Breakfast club was really helpful to get day organised.
- Superb entertainment in the evenings, although sometimes Kieron asked for a little bit too much adult participation for tired parents!
- Flexibility when my wife was ill and we needed pizzas not Carvery dinner on one night.

Slightly negative:
- I know there has been a renovation ongoing for 4 years our room was great but really needs updating, I'm not going to use this to rant negatively but I think the front facing sea view balcony rooms should be done urgently as they are the premium rooms, the room was clean but a bit shabby, we had a great time though.
- We'd like Vegetarian Sausages at breakfast and on Carvery kids menu. (we don't eat anything that's had a face or a mother)

All in all we would recommend this hotel, we had a relaxing time helped by wonderful staff, our children were crying the night we got back as they wanted to go back to the 'Black Hotel' (Used to be 'Green Hotel'!) so they must have had a good time.

The only other suggestion to improve entertainment is that I'd like to see John from Reception dressing up as either Eartha Kitt or one of the Weather Girls for a night of High Energy classics in the ballroom.

See you next year:)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank shiveringgoat
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had the worst room ever, it was right at the back of the hotel. We had to climb 2 flights of stairs with 4 kids and 2 baby's. The room wasn't safe there was loose wires hanging down, cold taps that wouldn't turn on the bed looked like mattresses on pallets, it was so dated it was like we went back in time. For £170 a night I wouldn't let my dog sleep in there. The bedding which was supposed to be white was cream, we tried 1 night as they said they would move us in 2 days and didn't want to upset the kids but it was the worse nights sleep ever and we packed up and left by 8am. Would never stay here again or recommend. Our break away was ruined.

8  Thank Cherie2311
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have enjoyed a 6 night stay at the Dalmeny with our 3 children (8, 6 and 3). This is our fourth visit and once again we did not want to come home. Our room was on the 3rd floor and was very clean. The staff at the hotel are very friendly - especially Kellie and Charlotte in the Carvery and Jack and his team in the Patio cafe. However, what made our holiday extra special was the Entertainment team. Siobahn, Catherine and Kieren are a credit to the hotel and instantly developed a rapport with our children. We felt at ease booking our sons into sessions at the kid zone while we stayed in the hotel enjoying a swim with our daughter or a coffee in the Patio bar. The variety of sessions available was fantastic. The evening entertainment was also very good but we did prefer Kieren and Dave. Siobahn and Steph on Thursday evening was a welcome addition. We will be returning to the Dalmeny but we will not be booking in advance as we have always done. We booked our holiday in October but if we had waited until approx June we could have saved 20% with the summer holiday offer. All in all, we have had a fantastic holiday and our children are still talking about the totally superb entertainment team.

3  Thank Lynne K
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We have just returned from another fantastic stay at the Dalmeny. This time we had a refurbished apartment with two rooms connected by a kitchen - beautiful rooms in a part of the hotel we had never stayed in before. This is at the back of the hotel which we found to be much quieter than our usual rooms near the front. I know people complain about noise on the stairs, kids running round etc but this is a FAMILY hotel and everyone is made to feel welcome. We don't mind kids running around as ours were young once and the kids are on holiday too - but if you want a bit more peace and quiet I would recommend these rooms at the back. As usual, the facilities were fantastic, lovely relaxed atmosphere, great food, gorgeous pool and the nicest staff we have ever come across in a hotel (particularly the lady who shows you to your table in the Carvery). It is not cheap, but you do get value for money, there are loads of toiletries in the room, tea, coffee etc generously replenished - I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - I would rather stay at the Dalmeny for a couple of days than anywhere else for a week. However........there was just one glitch to our stay this time, on the second morning about 10.30 my husband had nipped out to drop the lads off at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and I was waiting in the apartment on my own, when there was a knock at the door. Assuming it was the Housekeeper I opened the door to let her in but found two men stood on the landing trying to get into my room (as stated this is a very quiet part of the hotel and the little landing leading to our apartment was quite dark). The two men said they were maintenance crew and had been asked to repair the phone. They did not show me any ID, were not dressed in the usual hotel uniform of black shirt and trousers and as I had not reported a fault on the phone, being alone in the apartment I felt very anxious about letting two men in. I stated I did not want them to come in and, to be fair, they were both polite and after a short while I think one of the men guessed I felt scared and said they would go away. I quickly shut the door and tried the phone - it was working! Maybe I have read too many thrillers but I was terrified. I quickly left the room and ran outside - just in time to meet my husband in the car park. We walked round the side of the hotel and went to reception to ask if the men were genuine. Initially, the Receptionist looked very concerned and stated that no maintenance crew had been asked to call at our room. By this time, I was beside myself thinking I had narrowly escaped being robbed or murdered (there is a back entrance to the hotel near our room and although sometimes the door was locked and you had to speak to the receptionist through an intercom to let you in, we noticed that sometimes guests had propped the door open leaving access for anyone to enter freely). Eventually, it turned out that the men were genuine and there had obviously been some mix-up, but by this time I had become very upset - I can laugh now but at the time it was quite frightening. Surely there is a better way to organise maintenance visits to rooms. When the Receptionist discovered the men were genuine, although initially sympathetic, she looked at me as if I was making a fuss over nothing, asking me had i not noticed that they were carrying walkie takies - if that is the only way of identifying genuine maintenance men who want access to your room, it is very worrying as anyone can buy walkie talkies on the high street. However, this will not put us off going again and we will be back, as usual, at Christmas!

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, ask for one at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank HarveyLancashire
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We booked 3 rooms at 170 pound a night for two nights for 7 people and a 2 year old. We were really looking forward to our stay as we had previously stayed the year before and were very impressed with the hotel.On arrival we were informed one of our rooms had recently been renovated and someone would need to check the room in the morning,for what was not explained but we were happy to oblige being easy going people. When we got to our rooms we were shocked at its state! Our room was yet to be renovated and it urgently needed it! The w

7  Thank Louisa P