“Tremendous ”

Price range: US$26 - US$71
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Novello offers a 5 course tasting menu for only £ 25.00 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and lunch Friday and Saturday. Also a le'carta menu is available. All our food from the breads to the desserts are freshley prepered in the restaurant premises using only the finest seasonal fresh ingredients that are available. The restaurant also stocks an extensive range of fine wines to suit all tastes.Many of our wines are featured in Gambero Rosso in particular the Cervaro,Brunello Antinori and the Solaia.
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Visited on the off chance and was delighted with the whole experience! The service was second to none as was the food ! Fresh,vibrant and very tasty ! Will definitely be back ! Can’t believe I haven’t ate here before,no problem recommending.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

A birthday treat at the end of July was dinner at Novello for myself, husband and daughter. We all enjoyed our food, wine and the whole experience greatly.
Two weeks later we decided to relive the experience when a friend arrived from New Zealand on a surprise visit.
Our starters included Lamb Ravioli, King Prawns and my very favourite Tuna Tartare. All were pronounced delicious and visually creative and stunning.
Our mains were Veal, Seafood Pasta and again my favourite Scallops with Pasta with a portion of chunky fries to share. The completely empty plates were testament to our enjoyment. All meals and accompaniments were perfect. On both visits we shared a bottle of merlot which was thoroughly enjoyed by all.
I've attached photographs of our meals to show the beautiful presentation but to truly experience the meals a visit to Novello is recommended.
Thank you for such lovely experiences Novello

Reviewed 8 August 2018

It's not cheap but worth every penny (or pound in this case) The food is excellent ,cooked to perfection and served with exactly the right time lag between courses .As a party of six we had a varied assortment of food from the menu and not one of us could find a fault and believe you me we are bad to suit.

1  Thank robertjEngland
Reviewed 6 August 2018

The food is excellent, as were the staff and the surroundings.

I did have a couple of (very minor) issues, we hadn't sat down before we were given a break roll, all seemed quite rushed to start with. When ordering your main you should be told what it comes with. We were all given mash potatoes - but ordered a side each as we weren't told - bit of a waste really. Another small gripe was that no-one ever came to pour our wine, very strange but I do think as a small restaurant which obviously has a regular clientele it showed the effort they made with regulars rather than just on-offs on a couple of nights vacation.
Having said all that, it really was a nice place and good food - I'd go again but armed with what I already know would be aware of this.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Toni has completely restyled and modernised the interior which suits the fine dining restaurant this is. The tables now have linen napkins and tablecloths which again befit this fine dining restaurant.
As for the food we just cannot fault it. I started with lamb ravioli which was one of the nicest starters I have ever had. My wife had the tuna tartar which she said was sublime. We had turbot and halibut for mains which were beautifully cooked and melted in the mouth. We had a side of Novello fat chips which are quite excellent. Didn’t really need them as the portions are a good size and come with potatoes. The presentation of all the dishes are fantastic.
A real triumph of which Toni is justifiably very proud.
Well done nowhere in Lytham even comes close to this.

2  Thank SCE1960