Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Heywood, United Kingdom
“Superb Bank Holiday”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My Husband & I had a wonderful stay at The Glendower especially as I had booked the wrong hotel & was told "it had better be ok" all the way up to St Anne's. Lucky for me we where greeted by a very friendly receptionist (from London I think) who we asked if we had a sea view & was told no but she checked & moved us to one....what a great start. The room was a little dated but was spotless & had a great view. We ate in The Grill Restaurant on both nights & found the food to be of very high quality the Hake being my favourite & the Calamari. Breakfast service could have been faster as my toast & tea arrived 10 mins after my breakfast (freshly cooked & delicious) but it was very busy. St Anne's is very nice indeed & as the sun was beating down we walked to the nearby lake & had ice creams & the town has some nice shops with an independent department store which was pricey but nice to see. The staff in this hotel do go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable a thing missing in many hotels these days. My hotel mistake was also forgiven as we both had a very nice weekend THANK YOU GLENDOWER.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview you might be lucky like us.
3 Thank Ginger L
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Hello there,

Well thank goodness we managed to hit the spot for you both I would hate to have contributed in a domestic dispute hahaha. Lucky for us that you made your error and ended up here, I really hope that you will visit us again sometime in the future by choice ...not accident hehe

Many Thanks
Victoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Hawick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Glendower Hotel. This was our 3rd visit & it didn't disappoint. Check in was easy & straightforward friendly receptionist directed us straight to our room. The room was great very clean & ideal for our purpose. We enjoyed drinks in the bar both days & took advantage of the free wi-fi great signal right throughout the hotel. The breakfast was great excellent choice. Thanks again to the staff who offer brilliant service!

1 Thank laureng21
Good Afternoon,

Really gratifying to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel for the 2nd time this year. I'm not sure what the weather was like on your last visit however I am happy to report that we are having a wonderful week of beautiful weather, I hope that you if you choose to return for your 3rd visit you will have the same.

Once again many thanks for the lovely praise.
Best Regards
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Stayed at the Best Western Glendower Hotel afew times over the past years.
I can not recommend this hotel and restaurant enough.The dining is fantastic.
Its a real treat and can not wait for a return visit.
Many thanks to all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable.
Mrs Pat GREENWOOD.
Bolton.

Room Tip: Prestige Sea view rooms.The view is stunning.
Edinburgh
Reviewed 3 May 2013

decent room nice bathroom excellent food and nice bar , recommended for a pleasant stay, breakfast is 10/10 for quality of food and service

View of seafront was also excellent but room was allegedly a business class room and i would suggest that if so a standard cant be worth writing about but we enjoyed it and would say it was good value

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your vote of 10/10 for our food and service we really are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us !!

Kind Regards
West-Midlands
Reviewed 3 May 2013

tripadvisor only allows a Review of the same hotel once every 3 months so I am only now able to review my March visit to The Glendower.
Sometimes a second visit to anywhere can be a disappointment, only occasionally will it result in an even better experience. It does so with The Glendower .........
This time I was identified as soon as I approached Reception, the welcome was overwhelming - staff all around me, we were all talking at once.
This time I extended my stay again but could blame it on the snowy weather !!!
Whatever time of day a guest has a meal, the food is uniformly good (must mention the coffee again), and is cooked and served with care and attention not out of place in a 4-star establishment.
The staff are exceptional - any request is swiftly and considerately dealt with. The entire place is a model of efficiency and teamwork. That is only attained through hard work and dedication - it shows.
Sea view rooms are light and airy - all mod cons in place. Those of us with mobility issues should ask for a room on the side of the hotel served by the lift.
I'm planning my next visit .............
ANN S.

Room Tip: If stairs are a issue, ask for a room on the lift side.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Palci C
Good Morning,

What can I say but WOW, thank you so much for your most complimentary review. It was a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel for the second time and we are looking forward to your forthcoming third stay with us. I have passed your comments to all the team and they too are really pleased that we have managed to exceed your expectations for the second time.

I look forward to seeing you really soon.
Best Wishes
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I had my wedding at the Glendower on Easter Saturday. I stayed 2 nights, the first in a family room with my daugher and granddaughter and the second in a premier sea view room. Both rooms were superb, the family room was more of a suite with two bedrooms. The ceremony took place in the Lowther room which was beautifully set up for the wedding and later transformed for the dinner. The staff went out of their way to ensure that all our requests were met. The wedding meal was exceptionally good and remarked on by most of our guests. If you are looking for a wedding venue in the North West the Glendower will take some beating.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Good Morning,

We hope that married life is suiting you both well. It was a pleasure to be part of the organising and orchestrating your wedding on the day. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and sincerely hope that when your next in the area you will come and say hello.!!

Best Wishes
St. Annes-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed here as part of a function night and stayed Saturday and Sunday night. Our room was on the second floor with a seaview. Although quite a dated hotel with creaking floor boards it added character to the hotel. Our room was exceptionally clean and the bedding was of a high quality however some of the furniture could be updated. The staff were exceptionally friendly and courtious. The location is within easy walking distance to the town centre where there are plenty of shops. The evening meal was very enjoyable however our first breakfast was a bit of a disappointment as the poached eggs were hard. But our second breakfast was 100% better. For a nice weekend away it is excellent!

Room Tip: Seaview rooms as a must as I suspect the rooms at the back are smaller. The suites are also a good o...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Hello there,

Its a gorgeous sunny day here and the views from the sea view rooms are exceptional. We appreciate you taking the time to review us and the hotel and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and will returning.
We are continually reinvesting into the hotel The Restaurant is next on the hit list we will then be turning our attention and selecting a number of bedrooms to refurbish, however this will talke time due to our high occupancy rate.
And dont worry poached egg gate as it is now being called has been rectified an error on the chefs behalf who feels quite embarrassed.
I look forwrad to welcoming you back next year if not sooner!!
Best Regards