“Not my cup of tea” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Not my cup of tea”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Nice check in, went smoothly. No lift at all, so hubby lugged up to 2nd floor. small cramped double room. Noisy from air conditioner somewhere outside. Thinking gladly that I had only 1 night here. Place overun with a wedding party.
Restaurant pleasant and food looked nice but someone thought it was a good idea to have entertainment in here - not a good idea - people seemed to leave quickly - glad we had our meal early!.
Breakfast good if you like full english - if you like continental, forget it!...... No yoghurts, nice bread, pastries, or fruit. Cereal only. This is the north! egg, sausage and beans and fried bread, complete with cholestrol!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank myscreen22
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Glendower Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Hello there,

I am really sorry to read your review of your encounter here with us at the hotel. I do appreciate that some rooms are larger than others, and I note you booked a compact classic which I do agree are not the largest of rooms hence the name. As regards our breakfast, as standard we have a selection of 6 cereals, selection of yogurts, fruits fresh and dried, nuts and seeds, a selection of pastries croissants, pain au chocolat, & muffins. Cooked freshly to order Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Egg's, Smoked Haddock, Manx Kippers and Eggs Benedict.
We are very proud of our northern heritage and of course on our full breakfast you will encounter Black Pudding along with the full works
I would be more than happy to discuss with you ways that we can improve our selections at breakfast. We genuinely want to provide our guests with the best we can offer, and I would be happy to hear of any suggestions you may have of improving our offering.

Kind Regards
Victoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Quite a few of us stayed in April 2013 for our cousins silver wedding (they had their wedding reception there 25yrs ago). Everything was perfect from the party to the accommodation & food.
Would def stay again, lovely place, friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Good Evening,

Thank you for your short but sweet review, we appreciate all feedback good and bad. We are constantly striving to exceed our customers expectations and are delighted we managed to do so for your family party.
Please do consider us for any events large or small that you are considering, we are happy to help ( I think that may be someone else's strap line, but true all the same) !!!

Once again many thanks
Polegate
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

We had room 118 which has walls thin enough to hear the next room using the toilet and then wait while the cistern filled. The room itself is not bad and the bathroom adequate.
We were unfortunate that our next door customers "entertained" thier men friends in a rowdy manner until about 3am. Even after two visits by the night porter they stil persisted until with a slam of the door we were then able to get some sleep.
It was said next morning that they were Best Western employees from another hotel!

The breakfast was a bit of hit and miss with the poached eggs tasting only of vinegar and some sausages under cooked.

They evening menu was overpriced.

Room Tip: Do not book rooms 118/120
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Good Evening,
I was very disappointed to read your review of the hotel, it is every customer's right to expect a decent nights sleep no matter which grade of room they have paid for or for what price. I am personally looking into the details of the individuals involved that kept you awake and can ensure the matter will be dealt with at the highest level.
I would really appreciate it, if you could contact me personally so that I may make a gesture of goodwill on your return to the hotel.

Best Regards
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

We had our wedding at the Glendower Hotel in Lytham, St Annes on 25th May 2013. I cannot thank the staff enough for how perfect the day was. From the day we met with Victoria and all the staff and booked our wedding, everything just ran so smoothly. All the staff including the reception staff, the kitchen staff, the serving staff, the office staff, the chambermaids, everyone, literally made our day run so efficienlty. The rooms were amazing and with half our guests travelling from Ireland and from all over the UK it made us feel so relaxed that all was in hand, and I have to say the food was amazing and enjoyed by everyone. Thank you so much to everyone at the Glendower you made our day so special. Eveyone had such a brilliant time and that is because of how accomodating you were, I cannot speak highly enough of you all. Thank you, Paul and Elizabeth

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely however if you can go for a sea view room they are lovely and bright.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth K
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Glendower Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Hi there,

On behalf of the entire team we would like to thank you both for choosing us for your wonderful wedding. It was an absolute pleasure to be part of the organisation of your big day and I am so pleased you were happy, we had a lot of great feedback from your guests also. I hope you had a wonderful honeymoon, and myself and all the staff with you every happiness for the future.

Very Best Wishes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay here. Management were very welcoming and helpful. Rooms were cosy and clean. Nice to have a good gym downstairs. Don't try to use the other gym...it's private and they don't like you looking never mind breathing inside it! Great breakfast in the hotel. Good experience!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Jamesy321
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Glendower Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Hi there,
I am delighted to hear that you found us to be friendly and enjoyed your breakfast. The private studio is for one on one personal training and having endured a session or two myself I can highly recommend it, however don't expect to be able to lift or carry anything for the next 48 hours its intense !!

We hope to see you again soon !!
Kind Regards
Heywood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

My Husband & I had a wonderful stay at The Glendower especially as I had booked the wrong hotel & was told "it had better be ok" all the way up to St Anne's. Lucky for me we where greeted by a very friendly receptionist (from London I think) who we asked if we had a sea view & was told no but she checked & moved us to one....what a great start. The room was a little dated but was spotless & had a great view. We ate in The Grill Restaurant on both nights & found the food to be of very high quality the Hake being my favourite & the Calamari. Breakfast service could have been faster as my toast & tea arrived 10 mins after my breakfast (freshly cooked & delicious) but it was very busy. St Anne's is very nice indeed & as the sun was beating down we walked to the nearby lake & had ice creams & the town has some nice shops with an independent department store which was pricey but nice to see. The staff in this hotel do go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable a thing missing in many hotels these days. My hotel mistake was also forgiven as we both had a very nice weekend THANK YOU GLENDOWER.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview you might be lucky like us.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ginger L
Hello there,

Well thank goodness we managed to hit the spot for you both I would hate to have contributed in a domestic dispute hahaha. Lucky for us that you made your error and ended up here, I really hope that you will visit us again sometime in the future by choice ...not accident hehe

Many Thanks
Hawick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Glendower Hotel. This was our 3rd visit & it didn't disappoint. Check in was easy & straightforward friendly receptionist directed us straight to our room. The room was great very clean & ideal for our purpose. We enjoyed drinks in the bar both days & took advantage of the free wi-fi great signal right throughout the hotel. The breakfast was great excellent choice. Thanks again to the staff who offer brilliant service!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laureng21
Good Afternoon,

Really gratifying to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel for the 2nd time this year. I'm not sure what the weather was like on your last visit however I am happy to report that we are having a wonderful week of beautiful weather, I hope that you if you choose to return for your 3rd visit you will have the same.

Once again many thanks for the lovely praise.
Best Regards