Corporate booking for a double room booked two weeks in advance, on arrival only a single room available, hotel was full, so no alternative available, bad start.
Location is good, hotel overlooks the sea and is located in a fairly quiet stretch, good size free car park with additional parking on the road.
Hotel facade par for the course in Lytham -certainly not the modern box high rise but slightly whiffs of guest house.
Reception fairly smart, despite the room mix up, the staff encountered were very professional.
Hotel is full of corridors and poor signage to rooms, a real rabbit warren, appears to be several buildings knocked through, room 127 was a good size, however everything in the room was dated, it looked like it was once a sitting room with a chimney breast and a high ceiling and a 70's chandelier light fitting, yellowing plastic hair drier attached to the wall, only a few plug sockets at one end of the room which had blackened faces, the room was very warm, the window only opened an inch, room overlooked rear of building, scruffy flat room and what looked like an abandoned window to a room that didn't exist with peeling paint - very poor and unwelcoming.
The shows room did not have a bath, tiles in good order although wallpapered ceiling had mold, single old style shower cubicle, Mira shower which was absolutely useless, not powered and it dribbled water out - if you are gong to have a shower only bathroom, you need a shower that works, honestly, this was not up to spec.
Complimentary shower gel was good quality and the sink was new bizarrely, everything clean, extractor fan really noisy.
Television was oddly presented on a low tv stand which could not be seen from my single bed.
I would not consider this a modern 3 star hotel, I was extremely disappointed to not have the room booked which was also baking hot and stuffy, I will have to avoid when staying in Lytham on business, I felt the rooms photos on the website are really, really misleading as I had a dated room with dated furnishings, not the modern items photographed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished 3 star Best Western Glendower Hotel in Lytham St Annes is a beautiful period building ideally situated in one of the finest seafront positions on the Fylde Coast, yet located just 3 miles outside Britain's largest family resort of Blackpool. The 60-bed hotel is surrounded by four championship golf courses including the world famous Royal Lytham less than two miles away. We pride ourselves on offering a value-for-money hotel experience, which emphasizes good living in comfortable surroundings in a resort renowned for its elegance. But we are especially proud of our commitment to good food. Food is a passion at the Glendower and our kitchen team have deservedly received many plaudits for their creative flair in the kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HRS, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lytham St Annes
- Best Western Lytham St Anne's
- Lytham St Anne's Best Western
- Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel Lytham St Anne's, Lancashire