My wife and I both aged 74 spend many happy and peaceful days in the Lake District and have stayed at many dog friendly hotels. This month we decided to visit St Ann's a place where we lived many years ago, we were attracted to the Glendower because it was a Best Western Hotel and portrayed its self as "dog friendly" this hotel and its top management are definitely not "dog friendly" and is not of the Best Western normal high standard and should not be presenting itself as being so. My wife and I along with two little well trained and behaved dogs booked into the Glendower for a 4 day stay only to discover that we were not allowed to sit anywhere on the ground floor with our dogs, when I asked the receptionist in front of a female Director of the hotel, where could we sit with the dogs, her reply was "put them in the car" how dog friendly is that? We only spent one night in this human and dog unfriendly place and we returned home, of course The Glendower kept all of the £319 booking fee after we agreed they would only charge for 2 nights and we could reclaim the other 2 days charge back from the agent Expedia, so dishonesty has also now been added to this Hotels woes. During my telephone conversation with the General Manager Mr Joe Little he answered my question "why your hotel does not allow guests and there dogs to sit together in the hotel" his reply was we have that ruling in case a guest has 15 or more dogs" this conversation was recorded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished 3 star Best Western Glendower Hotel in Lytham St Annes is a beautiful period building ideally situated in one of the finest seafront positions on the Fylde Coast, yet located just 3 miles outside Britain's largest family resort of Blackpool. The 60-bed hotel is surrounded by four championship golf courses including the world famous Royal Lytham less than two miles away. We pride ourselves on offering a value-for-money hotel experience, which emphasizes good living in comfortable surroundings in a resort renowned for its elegance. But we are especially proud of our commitment to good food. Food is a passion at the Glendower and our kitchen team have deservedly received many plaudits for their creative flair in the kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lytham St Annes
- Best Western Lytham St Anne's
- Lytham St Anne's Best Western
- Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel Lytham St Anne's, Lancashire