“Nice hotel,enjoyable break..”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel,enjoyable break..”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

our daughter booked this for us on groupon £49 for overnight stay including breakfast which was really amazing best hotel breakfast I have had choice is brilliant next time we will have to sample the evening meal the restaurant is being modified so we ate out in lythom never been here before but found it quite a nice experience

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Good Evening,
The Groupon was a great little offer, look out for further offers in 2014.
I am pleased to say The Restaurant transformation is now complete, I am very happy with the way it looks and we would be delighted to welcome you back so that you may try "Coast" in the evening.
All the very best for Christmas and a healthy New Year.
Best Regards
Victoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Hastings
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have been staying at the Glendower Hotel most Sundays to Thursdays since July this year. It truly is a wonderful, friendly and helpful hotel (and I have lots of hotel experience!).

The staff (in every department) are amazing, really easy to talk to and cannot be helpful enough! The food is great and the daily soup option is warming and comfortable (as well as yummy!) and they know that I like to have it cupped in my hands from a mug.

Reception always does their best to put myself and my husband in the same regular room each time we visit - which is important to me because I spend most of the day in the room working on our internet business - so the comfort of the room is paramount.

The hotel is situated right across the road from the enormous sandy beach with a little pier less than 5 minutes away. The little town of Lytham St Anne's is really quaint, only a short walk away through a lovely park, and will provide you with all your daily needs. There are also some wonderful restaurants in the town - our favourite is the Zen Thai restaurant.

There are good road and rail links, super public transport and is only 5 minutes from Blackpool where one can ride on trams (great fun) you need never be stuck for something to do day or evening.

So, if you're looking for a great hotel in the area - first choice should be the Glendower!

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are in the older part of the hotel. I won't tell you which room we always sta...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hello You !!

I hope you are well, its really very lovely of you to write a review. I know you give us lots of praise during your stays with us, and its great that you've have been returning to us so often.
We really do appreciate your continuing custom and will be honoured if you continue to stay with throughout 2014.
On behalf of the entire team we wish you both a wonderful restful Christmas and perhaps a bit of a livelier New Year!!
Warm Regards
Gibraltar
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My wife, myself and our dog stayed here for two nights at the end of November 2013. we primarily wanted a pet friendly hotel in this area and they really were pet friendly. Our shi tsu, Bruno, has Addisons disease which means he has to take steroids twice a day and can only eat fresh food, not dog food. The hotel staff were more than happy to keep Bruno's food and medication in the hotel fridge and to fetch it for us whenever we needed it. We are extremely grateful for this.
The spacious double room we were given cost no more than the nearby B&Bs of Blackpool yet was much more luxurious and set in a hotel with acres more character than a Travelodge or Premier Inn. We had a great view from our window out over the golden sands of the beach to the Irish Sea. Although there was a road between the hotel and the beach, we were not bothered by any traffic noise; in fact, it was welcomely peaceful in our room.
The restaurant, although of modern decor rather than the traditional decor of the rest of the hotel, was very good. At breakfast cooked dishes were made to order. We ate there both evenings of our stay. The menu had around eight main courses to choose from. We found the food to be cooked to perfection. Waiting staff were very friendly as were the rest of the hotel staff we encountered.
Should we have cause to stay in the area again we will definitely choose the Glendower again. Its a great, value for money hotel packed with character and helpful staff. It is just far enough outside of Blackpool to avoid all of the associated hustle and bustle and multitude of hen and stag weekends that happens there in high season.

Room Tip: Get a Best Western loyalty card for a free upgrade.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello there,
Am brimming with pride that you chose to write such an amazing review on the hotel, and the team. I have passed your excellent comments to all departments who are in turn genuinely thrilled that they contributed in their own ways to making you happy.
I am also really delighted that you mentioned your dog Bruno, after receiving negative feedback from another customer which was totally unjustified.
Any how thank you very much once again for your words.
We wish you all a very Happy Christmas & a Merry New Year.
Hopefully see you in the not too distant future.
Best Wishes
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Hotel check in very good, The room was lovely size,for two adults, 16 year old and a dog.
staff were very helpful and we had meal in the hotel which was very nice,
nice bar area to sit in
hoitel was very clean
Good choice of breakfast,
even let us sit in lounge area with our little dog as long as we kept him on his lead.
Good value for money

Room Tip: we had family room at back of hotel very large
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Good Afternoon,
So pleased to hear you had a lovely stay with us, and that yourself and your family felt comfortable.
We do hope you will return to visit us again, but in the meantime best wishes from all the team over Christmas and hope you have a great start to 2014.
Kind Regards
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Wow.. This hotel is perfect for everything . Check in When we arrived the hotel looked pretty full but there was enough parking and plenty on the road if you couldn't find a space. The check in was clear and simple, we were asked if you wanted papers, wake up ect.. From the outset you could tell this was going to be a good hotel just by the initial service. Rooms My wife, 11 year old daughter and I spent the night here just to go see the lights in Blackpool. The room were lovely. We stayed in a massive triple room with a lovely bathroom. It was all very clean and comfy.
The restaurant for the evening meal and breakfast was excellent. service was impecable......Very impressed.............We will return. Thank You.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Good Afternoon,
Very gratifying to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time during your short stay here with us, hopefully your daughter will continue to want to experience the illuminations again and that you will return to see you in 2014.
We wish you and your lovely family a wonderful Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
Warm Regards
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I both aged 74 spend many happy and peaceful days in the Lake District and have stayed at many dog friendly hotels. This month we decided to visit St Ann's a place where we lived many years ago, we were attracted to the Glendower because it was a Best Western Hotel and portrayed its self as "dog friendly" this hotel and its top management are definitely not "dog friendly" and is not of the Best Western normal high standard and should not be presenting itself as being so. My wife and I along with two little well trained and behaved dogs booked into the Glendower for a 4 day stay only to discover that we were not allowed to sit anywhere on the ground floor with our dogs, when I asked the receptionist in front of a female Director of the hotel, where could we sit with the dogs, her reply was "put them in the car" how dog friendly is that? We only spent one night in this human and dog unfriendly place and we returned home, of course The Glendower kept all of the £319 booking fee after we agreed they would only charge for 2 nights and we could reclaim the other 2 days charge back from the agent Expedia, so dishonesty has also now been added to this Hotels woes. During my telephone conversation with the General Manager Mr Joe Little he answered my question "why your hotel does not allow guests and there dogs to sit together in the hotel" his reply was we have that ruling in case a guest has 15 or more dogs" this conversation was recorded.

Room Tip: The lift that only serves a quarter of the hotel rooms is a joke, however the front facing rooms tha...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank albertr266
It really is unfortunate that your two dogs howled continuously, so much so that we received 8 complaints on your first evening when you went down for dinner. We very politely asked you if you could refrain your dogs from barking which you were unhappy with. The top management you are referring to is me, after another 6 complaints about your dog's behaviour on the following morning, you asked where your animals were supposed to go if you couldn't bring them into the restaurant, I merely suggested whether they would be calmer if you put them in the car so that you could enjoy your breakfast. This was the point when you started shouting and being abusive to myself and my colleagues, I am not going to repeat what you called my receptionist.
It was in fact you who decided to leave you paid advance purchase and at no point did I offer to give you your money back, had you have been in a calmer frame of mind and not so rude, I would have done.
Your final words were to a representative at Best Western Head Office were "I'm going to everything in my power to damage this hotel " that phone call was also recorded.
I rest my case.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is a great hotel to stay for a weekend break. After parking the car in the spacious car park at the front of the hotel, we were checked in early by a very welcoming and friendly receptionist with no problems. Although the room did not have a sea view, it was of a good size and standard with a television. The bathroom contained fresh towels, soap, shower gel, shampoo etc and the shower was of an excellent standard with plenty of hot water.

The breakfast menu was extensive (I think I counted 13 choices) and I opted for the full English breakfast which was delicious. There were 8 people in our party and everyone enjoyed their breakfast. The staff in the restaurant area were also efficient and courteous. It was a short walk to the town centre and before we went out in the evening we sampled a few beers at the hotel bar in a pleasant, relaxing atmosphere.

One of our party had booked a sea view room and she was very pleased as the room was enormous. Although my room was not as large, the bed was comfortable and I got a really good nights sleep.
All in all I had a really pleasant stay at the Glendower Hotel and we found all staff to be friendly and courteous and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are very large.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Redfoxpen
Good Morning,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your super review of the hotel, I have passed your excellent comments to the team. Regarding the breakfast we certainly do like to give plenty of choice to set you up for the day, we have recently added cold meats & cheese's to the selection so plenty of choice all around.
I hope that you are enjoying the festive season so far, and it would be great to see you sometime in the New Year.
Kind Regards