I had reviewed this hotel back in 2011, when most of the review favoured the hotel, with the exception of the dining room which we had a few issues with.
After the review, Victoria kindly sent us a voucher for a free weekend, we didn't use it as we had decided at that time that we would not be back.
We recently decided to go back to Lytham St Annes, and as we trawled through the hotels, we decided to have another go at the Glendower. Both my wife and myself being vegetarian often poses us a problem, as the hotel menu's for Veges is usually very samey, and with us being there for five nights we wanted to make sure we would get something suitable for us, so I emailed Victoria and told her we had booked, and she immediately told us we would be well catered for.
We have stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels in many countries over the years, and the Glendower is not one of them, but it certainly makes you feel welcome. I cannot fault the staff in any way. The room was a good size with a sea view, and the food was excellent.
When we arrived, Victoria introduced us to the head chef, and he sat down with us and asked what type of food we liked, he then printed us out a menu for the period of our visit.We just told reception after breakfast and that is what we had at dinner that night.
The food was superbly cooked and well presented, the chef is a credit to the hotel, and such a nice guy to go with it.
In fact, I was impressed with the entire staff, especially Jim who waited in the dining room, but seemed to be involved in all sorts of other tasks throughout the hotel, including the wifi.
The young girl who served us for much of the week was also very good, and took everything in her stride when serving in the dining room while a function was going on in another room.
My biggest praise was for Victoria who went out of her way to make our stay a nice one.
Well done Glendower, I would recommend you to anyone thinking of having a nice break down in St Annes, hope to visit again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished 3 star Best Western Glendower Hotel in Lytham St Annes is a beautiful period building ideally situated in one of the finest seafront positions on the Fylde Coast, yet located just 3 miles outside Britain's largest family resort of Blackpool. The 60-bed hotel is surrounded by four championship golf courses including the world famous Royal Lytham less than two miles away. We pride ourselves on offering a value-for-money hotel experience, which emphasizes good living in comfortable surroundings in a resort renowned for its elegance. But we are especially proud of our commitment to good food. Food is a passion at the Glendower and our kitchen team have deservedly received many plaudits for their creative flair in the kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Lytham St Annes
- Best Western Lytham St Anne's
- Lytham St Anne's Best Western
- Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel Lytham St Anne's, Lancashire