Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 25 March 2014

It's been a while since I stayed at the Glendower in Lytham St Annes. At that time it was typical of many sea side town hotels,; it suffered from low tourist visits due to cheap holidays abroad, so consequently little income and therefore investment.
I'm pleased to report that the hotel is floureshing, and refreshed from various stages of updates and modernisation.
The reception area, restraurant and bar layout areas are smart, clean with a omptemporary feel and friendly, helpful staff.
Although a late booking, the room allocated was also smart, with a modern feel. It was quiet too, being positioned at the rear of the hotel. The decor and furnishing were bang up to date, clean and comfortable. The bathroom had also been updated, with new fittings, yet still with a victorian feel, that suits the hotels style and heritage - good balance.
Sadly we didn't get much chance to stay in the hotel, to enjoy its other features, but if they reflect the areas we saw, then I recommend the hotel for visit. It's ideally situated on the beach and close to the main St Annes shopping square.

Room Tip: I've stayed in a sea view room before and they are excellent for the view - but if you stay in w...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian C
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Good Morning,
I am delighted to read your wonderful comments regarding the improvement's we are making to the hotel, we are constantly updating and reinvesting in the hotel and its really super to hear that they all we are trying to achieve hasn't gone unnoticed.
We are currently having a bespoke carpet designed for the entire ground floor of the hotel which I think will have a huge impact on the look and feel of the communal areas.
Thank you also for the other positive comments regarding your overall stay with us.
Hopefully we will be welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Room was fine, large and clean. Evening meal was also fine, however breakfast was a different situation altogether.

The choice at breakfast was good, the waiting staff excellent but eggs benedict came out stone cold - TWICE. I was not the only guest sending eggs back - I saw at least 4 others.

It should not happen once, but twice is inexcusable. The poor waiting staff of course bore the brunt

Room Tip: On the front has wonderful view over the sea
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JDGall

Good Morning,
I am very troubled to hear about the cold egg situation at breakfast, it really is unacceptable and I will be taking the matter up with relevant department to ascertain exactly what went wrong.
We pride ourselves on offering a wide selection of breakfast items to cater for the most discerning taste, and I can only apologise that we failed to deliver on this occasion.
Thank you for the feedback and I do hope this will not deter you from visiting us again.
Best Regards

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic lunch. The food was beautifully prepared and presented. A good variety on the menu and the specials were very tempting too. New decor made it a bright and sunny location. Staff very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank LinsHW

Good Morning,
Thank you for your fabulous review of our new restaurant "Coast". Great news to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your time with us and I will pass your favourable comments on to the rest of the team.
Hopefully you will return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel has an enviable position overlooking the sand dunes and beach. The interior is in need of some updating, however that is more than compensated by the very friendly staff. Room 103 is light and spacious, having a double and single bed with two windows overlooking the sea.
The price cannot be beaten if booked with one of the special offer sites.
They have recently had the restaurant refurbished. This is a total contrast the hotel as it is bright and contemporary. Wonderful choices for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank estelleManchester

Hello there,
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. We are indeed updating the hotel in all areas, we are currently having a bespoke carpet designed for all the ground floor areas which will make a huge impact on the look and feel of the ground floor.
I do hope that you will return to visit us again when you are next in the area.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed here in February on a business trip. I found the staff at the hotel to be helpful and friendly, the hotel was clean and was well presented. I had two meals in the restaurant which was an evening meal and breakfast the following day both of which I enjoyed thoroughly.I enjoyed a large warm and very comfortable room which was well appointed The hotel is well placed for shops etc and is also on the beachfront which a February stay did no justice. All in all a good stay and I will return there when I am back in the area,

Room Tip: The rooms I could not comment however the SatNav takes you to the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gary547

Good Morning,
Great to hear from a business traveller that you enjoyed your time with us, our main aim is to create a warm atmosphere for all our guests, I feel its particularly important for solo travellers to feel as comfortable as possible when working away from home, and I'm delighted that you enjoyed everything and will return.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Best Regards

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Have stayed here on several occasions, always good value , but recent restaurant refurbishment helps to take the stay / hotel to the next level.
Good choice of products and reasonably priced. Service is always friendly and efficient,well done !

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are best, great views of the sea.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Good Morning,
I am so pleased to hear that you approve of the refurbishment of our new restaurant "Coast", we still have a few finishing touches to do but we are all really excited about it, not just the look and feel but also the seasonality of the menus and local produce. Its always great to get a pat on the back, so thank you very much for that.
Hope to see you in the hotel again really soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here for three nights due to work commitments and on the whole this place is OK.

Clean rooms, warm enough to be comfortable and an OK size.

Girls on reception, guys behind the bar and waitresses in the restraunt were all really pleasant and friendly.

Food at night wasn't brilliant, gammon was quite tough, but there are a large number of decent looking places to eat within a ten minute walk, so no real worries there.

Breakfasts were good, big selection and piping hot.

I think next time I'd ask for a sea view, as it would add a lot to the stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review as a business traveller you really must be very busy. I am more than a little disappointed that you were underwhelmed with dinner, this is certainly not our aim.
I do hope that you will return to stay with us so that we may provide you with a superior experience.
Many Thanks