Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
St. Ives Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
Inn on the Prom Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
Dalmeny Resort Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
The Bedford Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
Clifton Park Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
  • Breakfast included
Mode Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
The Anchorage(Lytham St Anne's)
  • Breakfast included
The Lindum Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
  • Restaurant
The Grand Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
Elsinghurst Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
View Hotel
All reviewssea viewsand dunesdog friendly hotelwedding receptionevening meallovely hotelwould highly recommend this hotelsea frontbooked this hotelpublic areasdouble roomfamily roomboth nightsfollowing morningcouldn't do enoughfull englishmany thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We loved this hotel, but we made reservations 9 months in advance, and they gave us a spacious sea-view room. Reviewers with sea-view rooms seem to be happy; those without sea-view rooms seem much less happy.
What you should know: it is an older hotel with floors that squeak, and lots of stairs. Parking is a problem; it is made worse by people how don't know have to park straight and take up two spaces. There are generally parking spaces on street, but we were there on a Saturday afternoon when beach goers had filled the street with their cars, and there was no place to park in sight.

Room Tip: Make reservations well in advance, and request a sea-view room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
VictoriaC72, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Blackpool Lytham St Annes Glendower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for the excellent 5 star review, the team and I are pleased you had such a wonderful time. It goes without saying that the rear bedrooms aren't as popular as the front due to the smaller size and no sea view, they are all equipped with the same standard of amenities as the sea view rooms however we do try to price these accordingly and we are spending a large amount of money on making them more luxurious, however I simply cant make them any larger or alter the view ...If I could I would.
We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the not too distant future.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Have been to this hotel on several occasions and this time was a little disappointed.

Had a room at the back with poor views, although this is not the fault of the hotel. Room has been updated but now resembles a budget hotel chain. Colours very vibrant. Bed so close to the wall that you had to walk sideways. Bathroom very nice but again small. Some female staff on reception a little bit indifferent with customer service. Not sure if I will return.

Also on a previous visit I left my camera case, which hotel confirm they are holding, but no one wants to accept responsibility for this, matter is still ongoing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Good afternoon,
I am really saddened to hear that you were disappointed with your last stay with us. The bedrooms at the rear of the hotel are smaller and I appreciate your comments re the décor although this is a matter of taste, we are going to be replacing the soft furnishings to give a more luxuriant feel.
As regards your camera case I have personally checked lost property and I cant find one, we do manage to return many items on a weekly basis so I am sorry you were unfortunate on this occasion.
I do hope it will not deter you from staying with us again, we value your custom very much.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked the family room with a sea view, it was huge one large double bedroom with a good sized twin room both with TVs in them. Bathroom could do with a revamp though. Very comfortable beds. Plenty of car parking too, breakfast is great cooked to order which I prefer rather than a buffet,they offer a huge selection of breakfast items cooked to order, excellent and the staff where very helpful

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Good afternoon,
I am delighted to hear that you had a lovely stay with us, and you enjoyed your spacious accommodation. we are doing extensive renovations on the bedrooms and we have only a small amount of bathrooms to do so hopefully should you wish to return you will be impressed with the new standard.
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and the team it is very much appreciated.
Kind regards

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Earlier this month I was on a Bridge holiday at the Glendower, my room was fine and the food was eatable until the last morning when I found two pieces of glass in my breakfast cereal. The staff were apologetic but management were unavailable. I was in a hurry to catch my train so left my name and address thinking that they would contact me in regard to this. The holiday was booked through BridgeOverseas and they phoned me for feedback so I told them and they said they would investigate but when I contacted a week later they told me to contact the hotel myself. It's the same old story "Got your money don't give a dam plenty more fish in the sea" very few companies offer decent after sales service these days.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Good afternoon,
I can assure you that we take customer satisfaction very seriously indeed. I am sorry to hear that you had an incident in the restaurant, however as far as I am aware you spoke with our Functions & Beverage Manager on departure whom I thought had come to a satisfactory conclusion.
If this is not the case please do contact myself personally so that I may resolve the situation to our mutual satisfaction.
Best regards

Reviewed 25 June 2014

An excellent hotel. Reception services welcoming. Sea view from the room added to the experience and the staff were always helpful. Food excellent - breakfast especially set us up for the rest of the day! Would certainly stay there again,

Room Tip: Upgrade to Superior Double or Twin room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon,
great to hear that you had a super stay with us and that you really enjoyed the food, at least we have a lovely long beach opposite the hotel to walk it all off !!
We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.
Kind Regards