“Excelent soft play with superb friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Funtastic Play

Funtastic Play
Blackpool, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Excelent soft play with superb friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were booked to entertain at a child's birthday at Funtastic Play. The staff just went out of their way to help us. We were given a room to set up our magic show ready for the birthday boy.
The actual play area has go carts, ball pits, climbing frames, ball cannons, footballs and so much more. We entertained the children in a side room for a little over 2 hours and then we wandered around looking at what Funtastic had to offer. They do party food for children food for adults, ice cream and sweets, machines with prizes, all set in a a play safe environment. The children had an amazing time with us and then in the soft play.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank GrandaddyTrumbell

Blackpool
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovelly atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I visited recently with my 2 children during the week and got the meal deal, fast service and the chef was brill! I was suprised by The new tables and chairs. Only thing I would say is air con was rather noisey but was only on for 5 mins! Highly reccomend as a busy mum

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Sarahcar123
Preston, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Terrible attitude by Manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I recently visited this centre with my grandaughter aged 13 months. When I arrived at the pay desk to be charged £3.50 admission. I was immediately told by the staff member that I was not allowed to bring in my own food ( I was carrying a lunch box containing water and organic snacks for the baby). I explained to her what the bag contained and that it was not lunch but merely snacks. She still went on to say that the manager did not allow this. I was appalled by this attitude and said if this was the case we would not visit again as there are plenty of other centres who were a lot more flexible. Which is a shame, as the facilities of this centre are very good as is the overall cleanliness. The manager needs training in how to improve his customer care.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Jean P
Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Money grabbers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The play facilities are good - there is no denying that. However everything is set up to encourage additional spending, the bumper cars, the machines.
My wife recently went with our 2 children (4&6) and was accosted by the Manager on the way out, he had a go at her for asking for tap water for the children 'as it had cost him £4'. My children only drink water, we have vowed never to spend another penny in that place.

His attitude has cost him £150 this year as we are now going to have my sons party elsewhere.

Also we recently asked the chef if they could cater for gluten free - they didnt know what it meant, so the food may be ok but they clearly have no idea what they are serving.

Previously when it was Funtastic you could go and play with the kids, now you cant.

If you are looking for a couple of hours of play i would recommend Harrys at St Annes YMCA or Thingamajigz at Poulton

Visited April 2014
6 Thank 0Darren
Manchester
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Surprised at the food quality. Kids loved it too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Visit periodically with my 2 preschoolers. Good value if you do the meal deal. All equipment is good and there's plenty of room.

Today I had the chicken and vegetable soup and it was fantastic! Homemade, full of flavour and it was £2.50 with a bread roll. Bargain.

The only thing I would say is that the toilets are a bit shabby and freezing. But, that's a very minor thing.

Staff are friendly too. I would also recommend the party packages. My daughter had her 2nd birthday there and we've been to numerous other parties there. All good.

Visited February 2014