“Special Birthday break”
Review of The Bedford Hotel

The Bedford Hotel
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 18 April 2014

A wonderful "Special Birthday" break. Hotel, staff and food brilliant. Service from all the staff was particularly good. The public areas were all of a very high standard. The Coffee Shop also provided the same quality and care, and was competitively priced. Weather was a bonus. Will certainly visit the Bedford again.
Michael and Maureen

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael I

Reviewed 14 April 2014

An approx 50 strong group from our Am/Dram theatre in Stockport almost filled the hotel for our annual weekend getaway. From the start the staff just couldn't do enough for us. On arrival, I couldn't get the TV to work and the person on reception immediately came up to my room and put it right. A nice touch was a bathrobe in each room.
The food was on a par with any hotel I have stayed at, here or abroad, including the Mandarin Oriental in Vegas (the best hotel I had previously ever experienced). The service was excellent at breakfast, lunch or dinner and the staff was attentive throughout each meal.
The atmosphere was extremely friendly throughout the weekend, even the parrot in reception kept the ladies amused with a nice line in wolf whistles.
The Bedford is very well placed being situated about a 5 minute stroll to the St Annes shopping centre and buses outside the door will take you south to Lytham or north to Blackpool, Cleveleys or Fleetwood.
Personally, I had a lovely relaxing time and would certainly recommend it to friends and go again. In my ratings I couldn't assess the pool or spa as I didn't use them but my friends enjoyed them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank sandra c
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our drama club took over most of the hotel for our annual weekend away , approx. 50 people.
Could not fault this hotel , even the parrot next to reception was cheerful. Rooms very clean and tidy the usual things you expect of a larger hotel tea / coffee making facilities , hair dryer , good TV. Staff all well turned out helpful & friendly..... food really very good service spot on no delays at the table we gave the chefs a round of applause on the Saturday night...
We had a George Formby tribute act in the ball room area ( arranged by ourselves ) the other guests enjoyed this also.
My room on 2nd floor at front , no probs with noise or anything slept well

Room Tip: Mine had a bath with shower , others just shower probably best to ask for bath if you want one.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roger M
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Absolutely stunning Sunday lunch,roast beef melted in the mouth excellent service and cannot wait to go again.The sweets were all home made and a thoroughly traditional meal just waiting to be enjoyed by all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank tony k
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I went to The Bedford Hotel for Sunday lunch with my mother, aged over 90. We had just walked out of another establishment. I rang the Bedford, they said they had a table. When we arrived, we were told there would be a delay. We asked how long and were not sounding in the best frame of mind, by then tired and hungry. The head waitress must have picked up the vibes because she came back and said she had managed to sort out a table for us straightaway.

The dining room was full and there was a good buzz.

The food was superb. I had melon, excellent loin of pork, and chocolate mousse. My mother had home made vegetable soup, sea bass, and creme brulee.

And great value for money at under £20 per head for the three courses.

Also - my usual bugbears - no music or televisions!

We have been to the Bedford a lot of times over the years and it always impresses us with the quality of service and food.

On this occasion, it also rescued our day!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BassettHound33
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed here for four nights on a dancing holiday. Try as I might I cannot find any fault with this hotel . The staff are pleasant and so helpful , the rooms are spotlessly clean as are the bathrooms. Tea making facilities were more than adequate.and the food in the restaurant was exceptional . The ballroom was first class. Would definitely stay here again and have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank northamptonpeter
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just returned from my annual trip to The Bedford as always the welcome, hospitality and food were fantastic. As one of two non playing guests the staff always look after us. This is my eleventh year of visiting and have stayed in several of the rooms, all are clean and maintained to a consistently high standard.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends