“Good for a couple of days”

The Ashton Park Hotel
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel has a very dated decor and the furnishings are looking worse for wear but it very clean.The food was excellent, except for the fried bread and the fried egg I had on the first day, totally unedible. I chose differently on the next morning and it was much better. The evening meals were very tasty , and their crusty bread rolls were the best I've had anywhere.
The staff were very friendly which makes for a good atmosphere in the hotel. (the man in the blue shirt in the restaurant deserves a special mention and sorry I don't know your name)
I had a single room which was adequate for two nights but I don't think I would have liked to spend a week there, although the bed was very comfy.
The bar prices were very expensive, £3.50 for a glass of wine.
I would like to return to St Anne's, it was a lovely little place, very relaxing, and I would stay at the Langdales again but for a couple of night not a week.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank vegas36
langdales, Manager at The Ashton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us again and thank You for your kind Comments.
From everyone at the langdales

Reviewed 6 October 2013

There is nothing we can find to be critical about the treatments and service are top class, this is our 4th visit and we have already booked our next one. The girls are so customer focussed and their skill is second to none, we have visited many hotels and spa's and the girls are by far the best we have found. The hotel is a little on the old fashioned side but it is very calm and peaceful not a lot of kids which is a plus side for us who get away to leave the children and have some peace. whether you live locally or are visiting the hotel you simply must try serenitys massage she is amazing and don't know quite what she does to me but im relaxed and pain free for weeks. The pool Jacuzzi and steam room should be tried as they are very relaxing if I had to be super critical it could all do with a lick of paint but once in the water what does that matter? Afternoon tea is delicious and served with a smile. What more can we ask super service super treatments and super food. A must try for all. Apologies for late review we visited the last time in August

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 86prod
Thelangdaleshot... W, Manager at The Ashton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2015

Reviewed 30 September 2013

On arrival staff were warm and friendly and very helpful. There was live entertainment on in the night fantastic singer. The room wasn't the most modern but everything was exceptionally clean decor could be updated but the comfy beds were fabulous. The swimming pool facility was just right however the Jacuzzi was not quiet working properly. Never the less the friendliness of all staff and cleanliness levels also the peacefulness of the hotel will definitely bring my partner an I back for another stay. Recommend this hotel for all ages they will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Another great stay at the Langdales. All staff very friendly and most helpful. Food excellent with great choices. Swimming pool clean and accessible at all times. Entertainment good. Bus outside hotel to Blackpool and other destinations. St Annes lovely town. Hotel near town centre and also beach and pier.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jeanette020

Thank you Jeanette for your kind words.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Had a brilliant four nights stay at this wonderful, friendly, family run hotel. The service was excellent and the staff were warm and friendly and always willing to go the extra mile. The food was good and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Great location and a place full of lovely characters and very friendly locals. When I next go to St Annes on Sea I won't even consider another hotel to stay at as my experience at the Langdales was so good. A special mention to staff members Doreen and Mark and Adam who made my stay extra special and a lot of fun. The owners are wonderful people with one of them being a gifted artist and musician and nothing was too much trouble. Absolutely excellent and highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Hi Hazel,

I have passed your comments on to our staff, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Had a lovely time at The Langdales Hotel, from friday 6th September till 9th, very clean and staff was so friendly and nothing was to much trouble and the food and service was excellent,the artist on Saturday night was very good i never laughed so much for along time we would definatley recomend this hotel, and we would go back

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ann B
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I booked three days for my son, daughter and her 12 month old boy. From my first phone call to Mrs Young (the owner), to them leaving after their stay, all the staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for them. My daughter said that she loved her stay there and my son said that the food was superb.

They stayed using a special 3 nights for 2 offer, which represented excellent value for money. I stayed on the Saturday with my wife and have never stayed in a hotel with such friendly and helpful staff. Don't expect 5 star luxury, but do expect clean rooms, good food, good facilities and and best of all a lovely atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family