“an amazing respite break”

The Ashton Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
“an amazing respite break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I went to the langdale on my own for a 2 night break and I had such a wonderful time my room was beautiful I really enjoyed the leisure facilities and the food was nice.Leanne took my booking and when I got there they made me feel really welcome and when I left she gave me a big hug.What made it better was I took myself there and back with my sat nav .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Katherine F
Thelangdaleshot... W, Manager at The Ashton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2015

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Service and welcome excellent. Mistake with booking resolved without fuss and to our advantage

Close to centre of St Annes and realised that Lytham was distance away and 2 distinct entities.Convenient for station nearby and local eateries and pubs a short walk incl excellent Wetherspoons . Beach and pier nearby . Could do with more local information though including local maps and guides and details of travel to Lytham and Blackpool

Rooms clean and well laid out with fresh towels and all that you need

Breakfast can be busy with coach trips regular visitors but cooked breakfast fresh though missed the toast !!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Langsdale Hotel. We have taken our dog with us both times. All the staff are very professional, happy and so helpful. The rooms are spotless...especially with it been a pet Hotel... its lovely and clean, not a dog hair in sight!!! The breakfast staff are happy to take any order you require, as my son is only 9yrs, he can be fussy! The showers are always on full power/ hot water...none of this slow water! I love a great shower when I wake up and this hotel has this appliance. The towels have always been fresh and tidy with additional soap if you forget yours...
The pool is very relaxing, the beach is only 10mins walk away.
Overall I would highly recommended this hotel, for families or if you just wanted a romantic break away for a few days.

Room Tip: 205 Room to stay in 105
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thelangdaleshot... W, Manager at The Ashton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2014
Thank you for your kind words and honesty, we try our very best to please and meet the needs of all our guests, sometimes that is not the case and words of honesty change into cruel words (some of which are unfounded) and this we find very hurtful as a family run Hotel.
We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us thank you once again.

Hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas from everyone at The Langdales Hotel
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Yet again I had a superb Stay at The Langdales Hotel, Magdalene and Leanne have staff to be Proud off as they will do anything you want to help make your Stay an enjoyable one. A Warm welcome on Reception as you arrive. Your Bed is made for you and Fresh Towels are on offer every morning in your room whilst you tuck into your Breakfast which is Cooked Lovely and Delivered to Perfection by Samuel and his Team of Waiting Staff. Swimming Pool and Jaccuzi always helps you to relax after a hard day either Shopping in St Annes or Blackpool. In the Evenings, great entertainment put on in the with Jason and Shirley always a pleasure to listen to. I will be always stay here !!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dereham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed for four nights 4-7 August.
The hotel is clean, one room (out of our two rooms) was more up to date than the other, one needed a new bathroom and furniture dated.Very noisy road outside.
The pool and steam room/jacuzzi were very good and a welcome addition.
Breakfasts very good with efficient service. Cleaning staff very nice and obliging.
Bar not well staffed and they had no snacks for sale.

There was a mix up on checking in, they muddled our rooms up. I should have had a double bed room with single occupancy. They had allocated my disabled older friends the wrong room on wrong floor. On paying at the end of my stay (having not complained about being in a twin room), I found out they'd mixed me with another guest of same name and they tried to charge me for a double occupancy, thankfully the internet booking form confirmed the booking details. On my bill my name and address were wrongly listed and spelt.

I was not impressed on second day when I witnessed one of the proprieters shouting at a cleaner, telling her off for having shouting in front of a guest!! This was unprofessional in the entrance reception. On second night they'd locked the front door at 10p.m. and several of us were knocking until reception staff member came and let us in.
I also did not like some staff standing smoking in foyer and then coming back to reception, the foyer smelled of cigarette smoke in the evening.

All in all a good budget priced hotel, ideally situated in St Annes but they do need to spruce up their professionalism.

Room Tip: Ask for a re furbed room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Janet M
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

hotel

on arrival i found the hotel friendly and clean and comfortable the staff are all really nice and friendly once checked in i went and explored the hotel more there is a swimming pool which was aqueduct and spa which was also etiquette the only gripes i have is that there is no smoking of e cigs anywhere in the hotel at all even thou these are totally legal to smoke only smoking places are out side which then brings me to another point there is no night porter on and the fron doors are locked at 1030pm and not havign a front door key you can not go out for a smoke and then get back in the hotel there is no door bell to ring either.

my third point is the food while is it great food and cooked very well i found it to be expensive for the potion size i was still left feelign hungery after my dinner and the breakfast cooked was poor this was a small cooked breakfast breakfast is the most important meal of the day i think like other hotels they need to have the breakfast buffet style where you server yourself and eat as much as you want as most guests this si the only meal bar the evening meal then will eat.

Bar prices are very high too £3.20 for a pint of fosters when most pubs are only £2.50 a pint i went in to blackppol and was payign £2 per pint there also i have a spirit and coke and that cmae to almost £8 very expensive over all the stay was good bedrooms a little on the small side but fair.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Trustsmart
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Having been in the hospitality industry myself for many years I can honestly give fellow travellers a true reflection of this perfectly located hotel. First point to mention is Customer service which is second to none, every member of staff and management were friendly and welcoming which is imperative, the bedroom we had (which is not a newly decorated one but we were told some have been updated) was clean and homely with a tea coffee tray hairdryer a laundry service, a very comfortable bed nice quality sheets and towels, having read some reviews regarding dated rooms well our room though not ultra modern had everything we needed in our opinion these things are what makes your room and stay enjoyable and comfortable..fancy decor though lovely isnt the be all and end all. Food is lovely and served with a smile. The swimming pool and beauty spa is an added bonus. We would certainly stay again and look forward to it.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple