“Little Gem in St. Annes” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clifton Park Hotel

Clifton Park Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Little Gem in St. Annes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was our second visit to this lovely hotel. Only a short walk to the seafront of St. Annes. We had a large room with our own patio area. Very comfortable! Tea and coffee provided in the room also. The hotel has a lovely indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and gym!
The food was wonderful! We had a buffet breakfast including full English every morning. The evening meal consisted of four courses. Lovely! There was entertainment nearly every night.
Lots of cosy nooks to hide away in if you wanted to chat or read a book.
The staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you Derek and staff for making our stay a very happy one! We'll be back!

Room Tip: Quieter rooms at back of hotel. Front bedrooms overlook main road but traffic noise minimal.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas_Kennedy, General Manager at Clifton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for posting such a great and informative review about your stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your second visit to us and are looking to return for a third time. I have forwarded your comments to Derek and the rest of the team and we hope to see you again soon.

Don't forget to check on our website or call us direct for great special offers and themed holiday breaks.

Thanks again,

Thomas Kennedy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Oswaldtwistle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was my first visit to the Clifton Park Hotel and I enjoyed every minute of my stay. The food and entertainment were excellent and I loved the way the staff got involved with the theme. The pool and Jacuzzi were a bonus and I used them every day. I came away with a smile on my face feeling very relaxed...... what more can I say.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hi Janet,

Thank you for choosing The Clifton Park for your recent holiday and thank you also for taking the time to post a review.

From your comments it appears that we achieved our aim of ensuring that all our guests leave wanting to return and I hope we will be welcoming you back soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed 3 nights on a cruise, it was great ,the staff and management were all helpful and always
on hand. this was our second visit to this hotel and we will be going again for sure.
My wife and I sat on the captains table so that was a special treat, thanks to all.

Room Tip: try to get floors with the lift
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hi George,

Thank you for sharing you experience at our hotel on Tripadvisor. I'm glad that you and your wife enjoyed our Cruise Themed Weekend.

The team here really do try to create a cruise ship atmosphere on these holidays and I'm delighted that their hard work payed off. I have passed on your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in future.

General Manger
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

First time visit, but already booked again. First class service from start to end of our stay. Delicious perfectly cooked meals with very good choice of food, perfectly suited to the Cruising theme of the holiday. Comfortable rooms and beds could not hear a sound from other guests at any time. Entertainers were varied and played all our requests. Nothing was too much trouble for staff who were all very highly trained. Cant wait for our next holiday there. This to us was a very Top-class hotel, not what we usually have on our bargain coach holidays.

Room Tip: Ours was an Executive room (103), which had been allocated without us asking for it, full bathroom s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Joan,

Thank you for choosing The Clifton Park as your preferred hotel for your recent trip to Lytham St.Annes. Thank you also for taking the time to write such a great review about your experience.

Our aim is to exceed the expectations of all our guests and I'm delighted that we achieved our aim during your stay. I have passed on your kind comments to the team and we are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next holiday!

See you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This was not my first visit to the Clifton Park, and won't be my last. From arrival to departure nothing was to much trouble. My room was excellent with all the facilities I needed during my stay. The food is first class , all fresh and high quality produce, served by a great team of staff.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thomas_Kennedy, General Manager at Clifton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Hi Gavin,

Thank you for returning to The Clifton Park Hotel and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and opinion of our hotel.

We aim to exceed the expectations of each individual guest and I'm delighted that we managed to achieve our aim during your stay.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just returned home after a 5 day holiday with Leons of Stafford to Clifton Park Hotel in St.Annes..My wife and I have had many holidays with different coach companies to different hotels,but have never had a holiday as good as this one.The coach was on time,very comfortable
and the driver very helpful.The hotel was spotlessly clean throughout,our bedroom very comfortable,the food was excellent and the staff were first class.It was a themed holiday and the staff joined in and made everything perfect.We will visit this hotel again as soon as possible,and recommend it to all our friends.Thank you Leons and Clifton Park.
Alan and June Bradbury.

1 Thank Alan B
Alan & June,

Thank you for choosing The Clifton Park as your preferred choice of accommodation for your recent holiday in Lytham St.Annes. Thank you also for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your break and your kind feedback is greatly appreciated. I am particularly pleased that the team here and our food, exceeded your expectations.

Thank you once again, we hope to welcome you both back soon.

accrington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights over Easter - Saturday and Easter Sunday, feel we have wasted good money. We booked executive room, this was 519 an attic room at the back of the hotel, handy if you need to sneak out the back way and make use of the stenna stair lift trying to avoid all the muck and debris on the stairs!
I can only describe it as a strange room and felt as though we were shut away in the attic.
Not a good impression, cleaning leaves a lot to be desired, peeling wallpaper needs attention
but having said that the small bathroom had good lighting, shower was ok.
In the room we had been given out of date milk, 10 days old - did report this to reception.
Also there was a constant droning noise that could be heard in our room, very annoying and not sure where it came from.
Thankfully we had only booked B&B, breakfast nothing special, plenty of choice but poor quality sausages, only just warm and on our 2nd morning the plates in the warmer were cold. Make your own toast a bit of a nuisance - why? But this would seem to be a tradition in St Annes.
Thought we would sit in the lounge for a drink before going out but trying to get served at the bar was a problem as we were ignored, ok it was after 7pm and dinner being served so barman busy doing other duties.
I agree with the last review, pensioners seem to love this style of hotel. Just not for us and we won't return. Shame, as from the outside it looks to be a nice hotel but really needs a revamp and better attention to detail.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lynne b
Hi Lynne,

Thank you for choosing The Clifton Park Hotel for your recent Easter Break.

Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations during your stay in Lytham St. Annes. Your feedback is greatly received and will be discussed with the team in order to ascertain in what areas we can make improvements.

Should you be visiting the area in future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I would be more than happy to discuss the issues you encountered with you.

Many thanks,