“Lacas”

Jenkinsons Bistro
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went lots during the proms weekend, food and service was as always to a very high standard, despite them being extremely busy. I am at a loss as to the comments made about the poor services during the proms, don't they realise the food isn't mass produced it's freshly cooked, in season and takes longer as for the menu on a chalk board that's is brilliant as it show the menu changes daily with very inventive ranges for all tastes, unlike some other places where you get overpriced, fast frozen food served the same menu for month,s at a time. Billie is one of the most amazing chefs and daughter Jessie so efficient and very very polite and helpful at all times. The best place to go for a meal bar non in this area.

1  Thank Anita C

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We visited Lytham for a week's golfing holiday, and had lunch in Jenkinson's, on a rather showery Sunday afternoon. The menu is on a blackboard inside the bistro, and had lots of choices. Unlike most restaurants that mark the vegetarian options, Jenkinson's actually marks all the vegan options - having three vegans in the family, I know how difficult it can be to eat out, so this was very useful.

I had a baked camenbert with rosemary and garlic for starter - YUM is all I can say - it was delicious. We both had Billie's special chilli for main course - again delicious. I then was talked into a pudding and chose the bread and butter pudding, which was delicious.

We went back for another meal in the week, and were greeted like old friends. I had the ploughmans lunch, again an excellent meal, with good quality cheese, a couple of different types of delicious bread, and even a small pork pie.

I can;t wait to go back to Lytham so I can revisit Jenkinson's.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I are frequent visitors to jenkinsons and have never had a bad experience. The waitress Jess is attentive and can't do enough to help! The menu is varied and allows you to try something new on every visit. Every meal is well thought and brilliantly put together by Billie the chef. We went lytham proms weekend and club day and found that the service remained excellent even when very busy. We have also attended themed nights and had Father's Day meals there. It's our first stop whenever we visit Lytham. We will continue to visit and enjoy this excellent venue!!

1  Thank Abby C
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Ok so it was the Proms, but a bit of customer service would have been good. No menu just a board to read, no waitress/waiter service for us. All a bit take it or leave it. Other people were treated with a bit more respect. Please and thank you cost nothing. Will not go back next year, will try and find a place that cares.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I'd heard good reports about this small restaurant, so went for a family lunch.
The food was truly homemade, great value and good quality.
The paté was superb and there were really good flavours in the banana and walnut bread.

The bistro is small, the staff are friendly and the service was very good.

I look forward to my next visit.