“OK” 3 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$0 - US$5
Cuisines: American, Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Description: A 1950s themed Pancake and Waffle house also serving hotdogs,paninis,milkshakes,Sundaes,Tea,Coffees and cans.Parties can be booked also do outside catering.
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went with my family expecting great things after reading the excellent reviews. Was disappointed to some degree, we thought it would be rather like the American diners we've visited in USA, but sadly not to be. Staff were not openly friendly, kept disappearing into what I can only assume were staff quarters and we had to ask for everything we needed - napkins, cutlery etc. Food was quite nice but nothing to rave about. I have read that they are closing soon but until then perhaps standards should be kept up.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“THIS PLACE IS AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I love going here, the pancakes are amazing and omg if you haven't tried the oreo milkshake then you need too. Staff are always friendly and polite. Service is quick. Only downfall is every time I seem to go past and want to go in its closed :(

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kirkham Abbey, United Kingdom
“Lovely waffle”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Hi
We went here today after reading lovely reviews, we were greeted nice and we sat at the table at the front (like diner seats what you see in movies ) which I think there should be more of as the other tables look tacky compared to this. We had a child with us who didn't need a high hair but I did see one in the corner.

We had a look at the menu and decided to see what they suggested and the lady suggested waffle goes better with sweet insides and pancakes go better with savoury so we listened to her and had a ham and cheese pancake with chorizo and onion and tomato ( rather odd but it was ok ), but I have never had a savoury pancake and have to say I. prefer sweet on pancakes, it also had a bit of salad on the side but it had no dressing so couldn't eat it as was dry and not tasty without dressing. The waffle then came after with strawberry and chocolate and this was tasty and me and my friend had half each and the child had some which he loved ;) we also had a flat white coffee which was nice but a little spilled on the saucer (from the waitress carrying it ) which is annoying when you pick it up as it drips onto your clothes, but also no brown sugar only white and pretend sweetener ( these are only little things but I don't like white sugar) and also didn't like to ask as they kept disappearing into what maybe was a staff room as such. I didn't use the toilet myself but my friend went in to get some toilet roll and paper towel to wash the child's face and she said they needed updating and needed a bit of tlc. Overall nice food but I was very let down as thought it would be a bouncy environment and loud music and hustle and bustle but it wasn't as we was the only ones in there and it's also out of town a little .
I would say great for children and I would come back for a waffle and a pancake but with sweet insides but don't expect a bouncy American diner ,

Visited June 2014
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Great place for Brunch will a great 'Diner' Vibe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

My partner and I love doing Brunch for a treat, and whilst I'm content with a Full English (or 'Ulster' where I come from), she isn't keen. So we have searched high and low for places that do good pancakes and/or waffles - whilst some of the big chains give it a go, they weren't impressing us at all.

That's why this place is such a gem! Perhaps not the healthiest of Brunchs (although they do have a wide selection of fruit and savoury toppings) - the biggest sin is that you can't help but wash your pancake or waffle down with one of their large real ice cream, chocolate bar milkshakes.

The staff are so friendly, the decor simple yet themed around an American Diner with the old school rock & roll tunes to match. We love to grab the window table but looking forward to our next visit when we might get to migrate to the outside tables.

Finally, the prices are really really reasonable - in fact exceptional value! The portions are very large, the waffles are especially filling and can be a struggle to finish! My family are visiting from Northern Ireland soon and are excited to visit on the back of my raving about it!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank DanDeerskin
Preston, United Kingdom
“Best waffles in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I went here after a friend said how good the pancakes were and she wasn't wrong! I now have the waffles and when i'm meeting friends for a catch up i often suggest here. Every visit i am made to feel welcome and the owner usually knows what i'm going to order which is nice to know you've been remembered. Would recommend to anyone who fancies something sweet and hubby would recommend the savoury items too! Go...............you won't be disappointed! I don't think the other woman went to the same place as i go to and we go on a regular basis!

• Visited February 2014