We have just arrived home after a simple overnight stay including dinner. We were lucky enought to win this trip as a prize donated by The Grand to a local charity which supports children taking part in Outward Bound Courses.
From the moment we entered the hotel we were made to fell special. Staff were very pleasant and helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
Our room was refreshingly not modern but had amazing classical features such a high ceiling, lots of room, a large window bay with a two seater leather settee. Large well appointed bathroom, excellent toiletries, the largest and most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and a view of the sea!
Our room was 118 and I recommend it if you should visit.
The Spa was empty and my wife and I enjoyed an hour in our 'private' pool!
This old and impressive hotel has been fully refitted to the highest standard, it looks superb.
We ate on the veranda outside the restaurant and watched the sunset while we enjoyed our meal. The food is excellent.
They got everything right, but by far the most impressive thing was the staff who made our short stay so enjoyable. Bar staff, reception staff, our waiter and the spa manager all score 5*.
So what else:
Lots of parking free of charge.
Breakfast is continental and you pay a small extra price for a cooked one. However, I don't know why anyone would, the quality of the continental breakfast fair was exceptional.
The hotel is in an ideal position for family fun on the beach, or a quite stroll on St Anne's Prom.
Fridge in room, plus safe at no extra charge.
Corridors lit dimly to creat atmosphere - nice touch.
Flate screen TV with lots of channels.
Nice tea/coffee facilities in room but sadly no bicuits!
Fresh fruit on reception desk
Overall a fantastic experience and we will return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful sea side hotel offering a unique ambiance with unrivaled boutique guest rooms and leisure facilities. The Grand also incorporates Cafe Grand, our "all day" continental dining experience with a vibrant modern atmosphere and dishes created using local specialist suppliers. The Hotel has recently undergone a large refurbishment throughout all of the room stock and we have also introduced an annexe of 22 additional rooms just 50 metres away from the main building called Grand TwentyTwo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Lytham St Annes
- Grand Lytham St Annes
- The Grand Hotel Lytham St Anne's, Lancashire