“Great Weekend”
Review of The Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lytham St Anne's
The Grand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We have just got back from a lovely weekend at The Grand Hotel. We asked specifically for the turret room on the second floor and were pleased to know we had this lovely spacious room with great views. As the weather was terrible we stayed in we were given complementary scones and tea and decided to eat in the hotel restaurant, The food was fantastic and my dish of prawn pil pil was one of the best I have ever tasted. The staff were were delightful very friendly but professional as well. We had a great week-end and will be returning as soon as possible. Our only complaint was that their wine list was not very extensive - but we managed!!

Room Tip: Go for a sea view room and especially the turret ones.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear tinafel

Listening to guest comments always give us plenty of work to do.
Update our wine list! To consistently source new and exciting wines and keep the quality means plenty of wine tasting, it’s a hard task but somebody has to do it!

Thank you for your review it is appreciated !
Please recommend your friends and we hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards

P.S
Take a look at some of our recent wedding photographs on Facebook!
And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for all our special offers!

There are newer reviews for The Grand Hotel

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We have just arrived home after a simple overnight stay including dinner. We were lucky enought to win this trip as a prize donated by The Grand to a local charity which supports children taking part in Outward Bound Courses.

From the moment we entered the hotel we were made to fell special. Staff were very pleasant and helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

Our room was refreshingly not modern but had amazing classical features such a high ceiling, lots of room, a large window bay with a two seater leather settee. Large well appointed bathroom, excellent toiletries, the largest and most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and a view of the sea!

Our room was 118 and I recommend it if you should visit.

The Spa was empty and my wife and I enjoyed an hour in our 'private' pool!

This old and impressive hotel has been fully refitted to the highest standard, it looks superb.

We ate on the veranda outside the restaurant and watched the sunset while we enjoyed our meal. The food is excellent.

They got everything right, but by far the most impressive thing was the staff who made our short stay so enjoyable. Bar staff, reception staff, our waiter and the spa manager all score 5*.

So what else:

Lots of parking free of charge.

Breakfast is continental and you pay a small extra price for a cooked one. However, I don't know why anyone would, the quality of the continental breakfast fair was exceptional.

The hotel is in an ideal position for family fun on the beach, or a quite stroll on St Anne's Prom.

Fridge in room, plus safe at no extra charge.

Corridors lit dimly to creat atmosphere - nice touch.

Flate screen TV with lots of channels.

Nice tea/coffee facilities in room but sadly no bicuits!

Fresh fruit on reception desk

Overall a fantastic experience and we will return soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking time to post a review, it is appreciated!
I’m pleased you have pointed out some of the added extras that you benefit from whilst staying at the Grand.
Free parking, there is almost always a charge nowadays for parking, here at the Grand we have enough spaces for every bedroom.
Molton Brown toiletries, along with our Egyptian cotton bed linen we create that extra touch of luxury!
‘Sea views’ our deluxe rooms offer unrivalled view of the Fylde coastline!
Spa facilities, unlike many other hotels we only have a limited membership creating a relaxed atmosphere.
Café Grand Terrace! Unrivalled in the area for al fresco dining!

Once again thank you for your review and we all look forward to seeing you at the hotel soon.

Derrick

Reviewed 17 August 2012

We had our wedding reception at The Grand Hotel in August 2002 and friends today still tell us how much they enjoyed the food at our wedding reception.
The Grand Hotel has never disappointed us and we have revisited every year for our wedding anniversary so we are so excited to be going back for 3 nights in August to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.
The staff are so helpful. For example, when we went to stay once when the hotel was being re-furbished, we were booked in to a room above the dining room being re-furbished and it was a bit noisy so we asked if there was any chance we could be moved to another room. The staff were amazing and had transferred to another room very quickly and we didn't feel awkward at all for asking.
My parents live near Lytham St Annes so when visiting we often eat in Cafe Grand and have never been disappointed. The food is always so delicious.
This is our 10th year going to The Grand, it is such a special place to us and the staff and the Grand Hotel experience has never let us down.
You feel totally looked after at The Grand. I cannot rate the Grand Hotel enough. It's fantastic and I'm so excited about our upcoming visit to this fabulous hotel.
We have not had a negative experience yet and after 10 years without one this is exceptionally good going.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear 30bubble

Thank you for your review, your comments are so nice to read!
Jenny, Caroline, Brian, Eric, Nick, Dave, Christine, Jane have been at the hotel since 2002, and before!
They are part of a great team and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them all for the hard work over the years, I probably don’t say it enough!

We all look forward to seeing you again!

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in both standard and exec rooms. The facilities at the hotel are excellent with a large equipped gym and a good sized swimming pool. Also wi-fi is free, a nice change when many of the big chains seek to charge for what in these days should come as standard. I only ate in the restaurant once and the food was excellent and reasonably priced. Though one of the waitresses couldn't have been trained well, as she brought me the wrong drink and then asked if I wanted a coffee or a desert after i'd finished my starter. I politely explained I was still waiting for my main course. Then she brought the bill without a pen for me to sign the slip. But minor inconveniences really.
The standard rooms are OK and the execs slightly bigger and better. If you are at the front of the hotel you will pick up some road noise. This is an issue because the rooms do not have air-con and so on warm nights the windows need to be left open. This was my main issue with the hotel and the thing that stopped it getting the full 5 stars, as it isn't cheap by any means.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear desbaggie,

Thank you for commenting on our leisure facilities, the Spa is a favorite of our business guests and I urge all future guests to use this facility whilst staying with us, it is very relaxing!
Unlike many other hotels we restrict our spa memberships to create a more exclusive feel, so don’t forget your costumes!

Thank you for your input regarding Café Grand we will work on our training!

Many thanks

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We recently stayed at the Grand after a somewhat disappointing stay in another hotel in Lytham, in total contrast to the first hotel this was a real treat. We have stayed at the Grand in the past and had forgotten just how nice it was, our superior room was fabulous with a capital F! all mod cons and luxurious things ( Molton Brown toiletries, proper coffee maker, huge bed etc.) the bathroom was simply superb and ultramodern with both bath and separate rain shower. The staff were really helpful and friendly ( I would particularly like to thank the ladies on reception who gave us such a lovely room and then arranged for us to keep it when we decided to stay an extra night)
The misgivings I had about there being a surcharge for a cooked English breakfast were unfounded as the continental breakfast offered is excellent and actually made a nice change.
The Grand isn't cheap but If there is a better hotel in the Lytham St Annes/ Blackpool area I have yet to find it.

1  Thank MrsrG
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear mrsrG,

A truly fantastic review, thank you!
I’m pleased you have decided to return and hope you do so for many years to come.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook, we send all our special offers out via this media.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We have just arrived home from another great weekend at The Grand. This is the 4th time we have stayed for various occasions - this time just a rest from work! As always, the staff could not have been more attentive. Nothing is ever too much trouble and it's always the small things that make a difference. The food was delicious as ever and the wine list is great. The beds are so comfortable and every room we have stayed in has been fabulous. It always feels like a treat and we always leave feeling relaxed and happy that we have had brilliant value or money. To be honest, it's just a great place to hangout at with a good book and a nice glass of their red.

Room Tip: Every room have stayed in has been fab!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear w-bray

Thank you for your review and especially the comments regarding our staff, they are truly appreciated!

We hope to see you again soon, let’s hope the sun keeps shining so you can enjoy that glass of red with your book outside on the terrace!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We were part of a wedding party that had more than a hundred guests. The setting of the hotel is lovely, the staff uniforms are a little bit shabby and the staff are generally indifferent to customer needs and requests. The food at the hotel was of a fairly high standard. I believe it is modern practice to have a fuly plated meal, so it was surprising that our food arrived with a separate dish for vegetables, nevertheless it was tasty and well cooked. What was shocking about this venue was the prices. If was almost £8 for three of the small bottles of coke a spirit and mixer more that £6 and draft drinks we reserved as 400ml measures which is obviously less than a pint - the cost £4-60 small Magners were £4-65. I know hotel prices are TI g to be high, but this was outrageous. Several people went out to local stores and bought their own drinks, whilst still complaining about the price of soft drinks. The woman supervising walked around the venue like a concentration camp guard. Glaring menacingly at people who had bought their own drinks and challenging several of them. She was quite simply the rudest woman of the day. And probably not suited to working with the public at all. We felt like chastised children at school. Their we're no discounts for anyone wanting to stay at the hotel as part of the wedding party which gave many of us the impression that the attitude was take it or leave it to almost everything. The wedding itself was fantastic. But that I put Down to the company rather that anything that the hotel endeavoured to give or do.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BlackpoolAdam

Dear BlackpoolAdam,

I take your points on board and in response:

I would ask you to read the numerous comments posted on trip advisor regarding the pleasant nature of our staff, you are the first to comment that they are indifferent, confounds me really!
However I will look into the presentation of their uniform.

400ml “Schooner size” price is £3.90 rather than £4.60.
All other prices are roughly correct, although can I point out we serve 35ml measures of spirits not the standard 25ml that most venues serve.

I’m sorry to say but personally and from a business point do you really feel it is correct to purchase alcohol off premises then consume on premises, other than in your private bedroom.
They are guests at a wedding, enjoying their hospitality and using our facilities, which the host has chosen to book.
If you find this acceptable our hotel and many others may not be for you, and in certain occasions licensing laws may also be breached.

I’m sure you will find many other hotel managers would agree with me.