“Fantastic”
Review of The Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lytham St Anne's
The Grand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The Grand is a lovely hotel. We had a few rooms booked out here following our company golf day . All the guests were well looked after. This is a beautiful looking hotel, I loved staying here it has such a lovely feel. The staff were all so pleasant. A lovely lady called Hannah made the reservations she was a pleasure to deal with nothing was too much trouble . I had breakfast in the room it was delicious , bacon and scrambled eggs and fresh fruit. The bar area is also gorgeous as were the two bar men ! I can not wait to go back to stay at the Grand and hopefully get to use the spa this time . Thank you to all of the staff at The Grand for making our stay so pleasant your boss is lucky to have such a fantastic team . Well done.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jenny G
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear Jenny G

Thank you for your kind words regarding the team, they definitely deserve the praise and I am lucky to have them working here at The Grand.

I’m pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I have never actually stayed overnight in the hotel as I only live 2 mins from it however I am a regular visitor, pretty much weekly, to Cafe Grand. The food is superb (best fillet steak I've ever had), the service is second to none, the decor is class and the atmosphere has to be experienced.
The gym is great and I've had a tour of pretty much all the bedrooms. They are gorgeous!
I really can't fault the place - just wish I didn't live 2 mins away just so I could actually stay over.
Thankyou to The Grand, one of The Fylde's finest ......

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank CarolynDavidson12

Dear CarolynDavison12

Thank you for your custom in Cafe Grand, as previously mentioned please leave another review on the Cafe Grand Tripadvisor page, It would be much appreciated!

Don’t let living around the corner stop you visiting, why not treat yourself to an overnight visit after a meal in Cafe Grand.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We have just spent a two night stay at this hotel and to describe it in one word is FABULOUS. Our room 111 was brill. It had a sea view, freestanding bath in the bedroom which meant you could lay in the bath and watch the very large flat screen television and a nice area in the window where you could sit on comfy chairs and watch the world go by. The bar/restaurant area was very pleasant however I do agree with other reviewers in that it has a feel of a nightclub (bit too dark). The spa area was fantastic, we practically had the swimming pool and jacuzzi to ourselves for our morning swim. The staff were very friendly and attentive. I have put a but on the end of my title and there is a but granted only a small one however in my view as a seasoned traveller is worthy of a mention. In your room the hotel caters for coffee drinkers only which is fine if you like coffee. Neither my husband or I are coffee drinkers and so when we enquired about tea making facilities we were told that it was a management decision to remove them. This is all well and good but tea for two from the bar to consume in your room is £7 which we had on two occasions, but if you drink coffee it is free in your room. I understand that there will be rational behind this but there needs to be a solution as this seems unfair to me. If you do not want to provide kettles in every room then just provide tea in your room for free on request. Sorted then there would be not but's.

Room Tip: 111 - excellent read review
3  Thank Superdi

Dear Superdi,

Thank you for your five star review, it is much appreciated.
It is nice to know that you have enjoyed our facilities during your recent visit, bar the tea making facilities, (Please refer to my recent reply to another review regarding this).

We are working on a solution to this and will update all our customers on how we will move forward with offering that little extra.
We want to try and remove all but’s!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We usually eat in lytham but on recommendation tried the Grand last night. The interior of the Resteraunt is really nice large central trendy bar,lovely lighting and nice decor. Ate tapas at nice table with leather club chairs. Food well presented and generous portions. Couldn't be faulted we tried juicy boneless chicken thighs, chilli prawns, sausage,and nice bread. Noticed other meals being served, sea bass looked amazing. Desserts looked yummy too.
We travelled quite a distance, but would return.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan S

Dear Susan S

Thank you for your review of Cafe Grand.
A quick note to future reviewers is that we do have a separate Cafe Grand Tripadvisor page that you can post your reviews on, they will be much appreciated as we try to climb the rankings!

Thank you for your custom and we hope to see you again soon.

kind regards

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Been coming to the hotel for a number of years and it just gets better, always striving to give that bit extra, you pay for what you get and if you want luxury, great service, excellent food, great atmosphere, relaxing pool and spa area, cleanliness, friendly staff, in a first class location then The Grand will take a lot of beating. Just hope it doesn't get to popular.

2  Thank Gordon S
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Gordon S

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit, they are much appreciated.

Please take a look at our new revamped website, there is plenty of information about GRAND twentytwo our “out house” development which opened September this year, maybe we can entice you to stay there on your next visit.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 1 Saturday night in August. The room was excellent - very spacious, huge bathroom and spotlessly clean.

But - as others have commented there is no kettle or tea making facilities provided. This is unacceptable to a nation of tea drinkers. Having read reviews of this hotel before we stayed, we asked about this when we checked in and were told, somewhat offhandedly, we could always order room service. Obviously this would be at a price. This must be the only hotel in the UK we have ever stayed in which does not provide this facility.

The coffee maker is all very well but only 3 capsules of coffee were provided - for 2 people? One of these was decaff so not any use to us as we both enjoy strong coffee.

Complimentary water and Coke is provided in the fridge which is a nice touch. Unfortunately, the Coke was the full sugar variety. In this day and age not a healthy option.

We did not eat dinner in the hotel but returned about 9.30pm intending to have a relaxing drink. No chance! The bar was very busy and extremely noisy. There was only one person serving and he obviously could not cope with the demand. Because it was so busy there was no way to find out what beers, lagers etc were on offer. As a result we ended up pointing at a pump and to this day we have no idea what it was. The noise from the bar and restaurant carried throughout the hotel.

Overall, this is a good hotel which could easily be an excellent one if the management chose to listen to their customers' feedback.

Room Tip: Bring your own kettle
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank clartodm

Dear clartodm,

Thank you for the feedback.

Firstly may I apologize for the late response.
I have been heavily involved in opening our new hotel development GRAND twentytwo, updating hotel software, and upgrading our website, something had to be put on the back burner and unfortunately tit was trip advisor responses!

I can assure you we do listen to customer feedback, being an independent hotel we can swap and change things quite quickly and react in a positive way if we make a mistake.

We should have provided six capsules of coffee in your room, something which we have now rectified for all arrivals, however for tea please see my recent reply!

All in all I’m pleased you enjoyed your visit, we are trying to consistently improve in various ways and I’m sure if your decide to revisit you will see that we never stand still in what we have to offer.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I must admit my husband wasn't keen on staying at the Grand but for no particular reason. He soon changed his mind after seeing our room - loads of space, an enormous bed and a wonderful sea view. Food was excellent as was the spa facilities (possibly the best pool i've seen in a hotel).Definitley somewhere that I'd want to return to

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear MadgeBingley

Thank you for persuading your husband to come and visit, I hope we have converted you both into a new regulars!

Take a look at our website from late October onwards, it will be completed overhauled with new pictures and plenty of information on GRAND twentytwo, our new ‘promenade retreat’ situated just 50 metres from the main hotel, service by the same fabulous team of staff.

Don't forget to sign up to Facebook and Twitter, there may be a little tempter coming your way to celebrate the opening!

Hope to see you both again soon.