“A grand hotel”
Review of The Grand Hotel

The Grand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

We have just come back from a two night stay at this hotel with my husband and my young daughter. We stayed in the grand signature (303). When we had originally booked this, it was called the grand deluxe junior. We could not really fault anything about our stay. The room was big and had the best sea views- big floor to ceiling windows. My only moan was the tv blocking the view of the window from our comfy big bed! The bathroom was big and clean- a bit too spacey, would have been nice to have a roll top bath in the middle. The staff, service all very good. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was really nice too. They had a nice continental selection with a cooked hot breakfast. We had Sunday lunch in the restaurant, which was great. They didn't have a children's menu, but were happy to do up a child's portion from the same menu. It was perfect base to go to Blackpool from as we didn't want to stay in Blackpool itself! But we caught the bus daily and it took us 30 mins. Its definitely a hotel I would return to.
Thank you for lovely stay.
Mrs D.

• Stayed: October 2013
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear “Mrs. D”

Thank you for your kind comments.
I’m pleased you enjoyed your time away with your husband and daughter, no doubtably well deserved!

I have taken your point about a roll top bath, in fact I have already thought about this idea for future refurbishments it would be nice wouldn’t it, however we have plenty to do first with lots of other improvements in mind, keep an eye out on the website for the latest details.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Excellent hotel. Great helpful staff. Food very good ate in the hotel every night...so good. Complimentary drinks, crisps and biscuits. Didn't have the posh coffee as we don't drink it but took a kettle for tea. Lovely Molton Brown toiletries a luxury.
Definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Stay at the main hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Foxglove17

Dear 761jen

A “Right Grand Review” thank you!
I’m pleased, as the team will be, that you enjoyed Cafe Grand a chose to dine with us every night, the team work very hard and appreciate the praise.

Hope to see you soon

PS.
Try the coffee next time, it’s fantastic!

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

The room, service, atmosphere and food were all fantastic. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed a sea view from our room. Great night in the restaurant on Saturday lovely food and a couple of delicious cocktails. Well done to the management and staff you have created a very welcoming yet modern and stylish place which we will return to in the near future.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear RachaelAH

Thank you for your recent visit, I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Please tell your friends about us, it is the best form of marketing and we would really appreciate it!

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best I have stayed in. The room are beautifully proportioned and furnished to a high standard! The staff are very welcoming and the standard of service is second to none. They have just taken over a new property 2 doors down known as Grand 22 and some these rooms have balconies so I will be staying there when I return in June!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear dgs71a

Thank you for the great review.

Don’t forget to book your room early for next year, GRAND twentytwo rooms are becoming very popular and selling fast, especially the Signature + rooms with balconies.
The biggest balconies in Lytham St Anne’s, bring on the sunshine…!

Regards

Reviewed 19 October 2013

If I could give this hotel six stars, I would.

I stayed at the Grand over the weekend or 11th to 13th October, having organised a trip for four couples and myself. We all worked together about 20 years ago, and got on well enough to spend a weekend together once a year ever since! None of us work for the company now, and many of our group are 'high flyers', spending a good deal of time in hotels across the world. One couple comes from the USA for the event.

I am delighted to say how very much we all enjoyed our stay. The hotel managed to change a few attitudes to seaside hotels in north-west England! Nothing in our trip let us down. When we arrived, the reception staff made us feel they were pleased we had come. They made it clear what the hotel had to offer and showed us to our Executive rooms. The rooms themselves were modern, with tasteful furnishings and bathrooms with both shower and bath. Great coffee, too! The receptionist made it clear that everything in the room, including WiFi, and the water and soft drinks in the fridge, was free of charge - a refreshing change to the practice in many of the hotels I have stayed in of late. There were plenty of areas in the hotel to relax and meet up, and a spa with a large, pleasant pool and another helpful receptionist.

On Saturday evening we dined in the hotel in the reassuringly popular Grand Cafe. It was a lovely meal. We were not rushed, despite the restaurant being busy, and there were locally sourced dishes, such as Goosenargh duck, and Lancashire cheese in several varieties. My only personal disappointment was that the Chef's special venison dish that evening had all been guzzled by earlier hungry diners! The duck breast I had instead was splendid, with a piquant sweet chilli sauce I have never had before. All in all, lots of fun.

When I got home, I realised that I had left two electric chargers for my iPad and phone in the sockets in my room. This was no problem to your courteous and helpful reception staff. I phoned. Twenty minutes later, they phoned back to say they had found the chargers, and would be pleased to pack them up and send them to my home address. I offered to pay for this, but they would not hear of it. A couple of days later, the chargers arrived, packed in cardboard and inside a plastic wrapper to protect them from moisture. Just as well - it was pouring down at home when they arrived! Fantastic service!

Room Tip: Sea view adds a lot and is worth paying extra.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Petra_Bristol

Six Stars, what a fantastic review!

I’m delighted that reception have delivered our new standard, showing guests to their rooms, how to operate items and making clear what was included is what we are trying to achieve.

We’re also glad you enjoyed the Cafe Grand Dining experience, it’s a great restaurant, very popular and the team work very hard to deliver first class service.
A quick reminder to future guests, to secure your table, and at the best time, tables can now be booked online.

Thank you for your visit and hope you all decide to re visit in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed 3 nights in one of the signature plus rooms at the New Grand 22. The room was amazing and we were even lucky enough to be able to sit out on the huge balcony. There was no furniture on it as yet but the lovely young man who showed us to the room brought a couple of chairs round from the Grand. I expect that the management didn't think that the October weather would be good enough to sit out !
The decor was refreshingly different , the room was very big with 2 tv's. Lovely bath in a separate area in the bedroom , it was great being able to watch Tv whilst relaxing in the bath although there was only one remote between the 2 TV's ! There was also a toilet with a grat walk in shower.
Super king size very comfortable bed , you could see the sea when lying in the bed , although the tide always seems to be out in St Annes !
The front entrance was very funkily decorated but had no atmosphere although I did read that some music was being introduced which will help. We normally stay in the main hotel which can sometimes be a little noisy but there was no noise in the 22 which is a big plus for us and all the facilities of the Grand is only a 2 minute walk away.
Just a little quibble as there was no guest information in the room , not a problem for us as we are regular guests and know breakfast times etc but it would be helpful for other guests.
Can't wait to return !

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SandraGlasgow
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Sandra Glasgow

Thank you for your recent visit and taking the time to post a review.

I’m delighted you enjoyed the 22 Signature + room, the entire team have worked hard in getting this development ready and we’re delighted with the finished product, as I’m sure all our guest will be!

Music in 22 foyer is on the way, we are just deciding on which system to opt for.

Room information will also follow soon, hotel information will be delivered over your mobile device when logging onto the guest wireless broadband, for those few guests without a mobile device an ipad will be available for use to access the room information.

Once again thank you for your review and we all hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Two colleagues and I stayed in the Grand on the 8th October: great location and excellent staff - helpful and friendly; the building obviously well-refurbished and clean. First impressions really good, helped by the very quick and efficient check-in process.. just handed a pre-prepared room card and details.

My first room was like an oven, overlooking an internal 'courtyard' with machine-rooms or similar. No A/C, which is surprising, and limited options for getting fresh air.. I was thankfully moved to a superior room which was slightly better for being on the outside of the building, but still too hot for comfort. (My colleagues toughed the heat out in their rooms and had very poor nights)

Breakfast was great, but the check-out process was truly poor - dreadfully slow and the person doing the process said 'sorry about our computer system'..

I'm aware that the hotel is family-owned, along with several others in the area - so I suggest invest in improving your systems and get some air-conditioning.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with views to the outside and therefore windows that open to let real air in..
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Senior_Steve

Dear Senior_Steve

I’m sorry to hear you and your colleagues had to tough out the October heat whilst staying at the hotel.

Personally I can’t remember when temperature was a problem at this time of year but for future reference we have installed air condition in every room in GRAND twentytwo rooms to keep cool in such circumstances.

A quick note to all future guests, The Grand and our annex GRAND twentytwo are independent to all other hotels in the area.

Yes we have just replaced our software, hopefully to give the guest a better online booking experience.
 I'm sure you will appreciate that when updating any system it has taken the staff a little time to get used to the layout, I do apologize and ask guests to bear with us during this introductory period.

Other than the above I am please we looked after you, room move, check in, breakfast etc. and hope we can look after you again in the future, maybe in GRAND twentytwo.