“Small touches make it a notch above the rest”
Review of The Grand Hotel

The Grand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Small touches make it a notch above the rest”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at The Grand for a business trip. The room was clean and well fitted, but just getting a little tired. The room had a fridge and had a selection of cold drinks and snacks included in the price. What impressed me the most was there was a nespresso machine. Gone is the nasty sachet coffee and having to boil a murky kettle. So each morning started with a nice proper coffee.

Breakfast was nice, if you wanted a full English with all the trimmings, good luck but there is a good selection.

Evening meal was very good, slightly on the expensive side but the steak was cooked perfectly. A small issue when coming to sort out the payment the waiter got some things wrong but was sorted out without fuss.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Adrian C
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Adrian C

I’m delighted that you enjoyed the Nespresso machine, I just have to convert the traditional tea drinkers next.
Thank you for the visit and we hope to see you at the hotel when you next travel on business.

Derrick Holland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Liverpool
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our one stay at the Grand was perfect. The receptionist was very pleasant and most helpful as were most of the staff. We will certainly use the hotel in the future and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank eric w
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear eric w

I’m delighted to hear you had a “perfect one night stay” and will return in the future.
I also appreciate your recommendation to family and friends, it’s our best form of advertisement, thank you!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My son and I had a Sunday lunch at The Grand hotel I don't know which course I enjoyed the most, the lunch was excellent the pudding Chocolate mouse was to die for. the only problem was our bill they had charged for three meals instead of two, I rang the Grand and they sorted the problem out. I definitely would go there again, the hotel is very classy with a great staff very relaxing, for a great enjoyable meal out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear sandy diner,

I’m glad you enjoyed your Sunday lunch in Cafe Grand…. Chocolate pudding, yum, yum!
It’s also good to hear we rectified the mistake we made over your bill in an efficient manner.

Remember The Cafe Grand team will be ready and waiting and hope to see you soon!

P.S.

Don’t forget we also have a Cafe Grand TripAdvisor site that you can post your experiences of Cafe Grand on!
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We did not stay here but ate a light evening meal outside on the terrace. The food was exquisite both in taste and presentation and we shared the best Eton Mess I have ever had. I cannot fault the staff, food or location and will be back very soon.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MsPeppercorn,

Thank you for posting a review from your recent visit to Cafe Grand, I’m glad you enjoyed your visit and will return soon!

altrincham, cheshire
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed for two nights and found the hotel to be well run with all the staff extremely helpful and obliging. Our en suite room on the third floor was first class. Included in the room rate was a top notch breakfast and, again, all the waiting staff couldn't be faulted.
The location right on St Annes front is ideal and it is a perfect location for travelling a very short distance to Blackpool or Lytham. We have been many times over the years and have never been disappointed. I see that some guests have been complaining about the lack of availability of twin beds - we had a large double bed made up as a twin which we found absolutely fine. So discuss when booking.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank soapyarnold
Dear soapyarnold,

Thank you for the review and especially your kind comments towards our staff.

I also appreciate your comments about the twin bed, maybe we have started winning over our guests!

Teeside
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Short stay in Lytham St Anne's, first visit for some time. The hotel and area did not disappoint and lived up to all our expectations bar one. We could not fault the hotel in any way apart from the fact that there was no air conditioning n our room which for a superior room in a four star hotel we did expect. Even with the windows wide open the room was very hot and had some noise from music due to wedding celebrations taking place, resulting in a lack of sleep which took the edge off what was otherwise a very relaxing stay. We would stay again but only out of season or if air conditioning is installed.

Room Tip: Room 107 very nice but can have some noise from music if there's a wedding reception and you hav...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear KTCOM

Thank you for taking tine to post your comments.

I can inform you that we have already had a survey carried out with the intention to install air conditioning throughout the main hotel during 2015.

Please keep an eye out on our website, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook and you will be kept posted with all our regular news.

In the meantime if you would like to return to the area sooner our annexe building, Grand Twentytwo, does have air conditioning in all bedrooms.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have been staying in this hotel for several years now and a recent change in the policy for twinned beds has made me edit my review, I want to bring this to the attention of the many trip advisor users who require twin beds.

Some rooms that used to allow for twin beds (meaning two separate beds) no longer allow for this configuration. These rooms have been renamed "Grand Standard Double" and "Grand Superior Double", the latter listing continental twins (one bed with two duvets). This is of great disappointment to me since I tend to travel with friends, so require two separate beds as part of my accommodation choice. This new policy would mean over a 50% increase in the cost of my stay simply because we are not travelling as a couple- so I will have to reconsider future visits. Such a shame as this was previously a favorite hotel of mine and I would expect I hotel of this calibre to accommodate people not wishing to book the more lavish rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank freqworld_traveller
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear freqworld_traveller

For the benefit of yourself and other guests I would like to explain our twinning policy.

All Standard Double Rooms (1.5m double bed) can’t be twinned.

Superior Double Rooms (2 metre double bed) can twinned in a continental style using to separate quilts.
These are super king sized beds that afford plenty of space to sleep separately.

Sea View and Deluxe Rooms within the main building are available to twin in the traditional style, separating the beds.

All rooms grades in Grand Twentytwo can’t be twinned.

The cost of a booking a sea view room starts at £125 per night including continental breakfast and VAT. The superior doubles rooms £95 per night.