“Cosy, sophisticated and relaxing hotel”
Review of The Grand Hotel

The Grand Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Lytham St Anne's
Nottingham
“Cosy, sophisticated and relaxing hotel”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just spent 6 nights at The Grand with my wife on a golfing break. It is every bit as good as the TripAdvisor reviews. Lovely clean and spacious rooms, swimming pool and gym and above all really charing and helpful staff. All this for a very reasonable price makes this a venue you cannot afford to ignore. We were in 214 which was a sea view room of good size with seating area near the window, fridge, plenty of storage space, large bed, coffee machine and a modest sized bathroom. Every day the fridge was replenished with coke and water (at no charge). There was, as stated, a coffee machine but no facility for making tea etc. This was the only thing we could find to "complain"about. The reception staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank appley
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear appley,

Thank you for another visit to The Grand Hotel for the annual William Rainford Golf Trophy, sorry there it is, the secrets out on this fabulous golfing initiative!

As always was great to see the regular faces and I’m delighted you all enjoyed your stay.

As you are aware this is a busy time of year so don’t forget to book well in advance next August so not to be disappointed.

See you next year!

Derrick Holland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Visited on a family break. Excellent pool which was never too busy. Faultless food. No air conditioning in the room meant it was warm. Staff were very welcoming and accommodated us well in the restaurant allowing us to all sit together (11 of us)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Rob0414

Thank you for a “Grand” review, I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay!

As I have mentioned in recent replies we are considering installing air conditioning during 2015.
This will be a time consuming and costly exercise but I’m sure it will be worth it, especially when we get a prolonged hot spell as we have recently experienced.

So don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook, this way you will be the first to hear about our latest news, special offers and whats happening around Lytham St annes.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed on the 7th of August for one night in Grand 22 with two of our grandchildren .The hotel was beautiful and clean through out. Children loved the swimming pool and jaccuzi .All the staff very helpful and friendly .Cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Grand 22 family room spacious.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear mavnorm

I’m delighted to read that you had a wonderful night away with you grandchildren, what a treat for them!

Thank you for the review and we hope you visit St Annes and Grand Twentytwo again soon.

kind regards

tommypip
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was our favourite hotel, and although it is stunning (both The Grand and Grand 22) the customer service is lacking.

My husband and I stayed 5 times last year, and 4 this year, and although it is a stunning place, we have started trying other hotels whilst in the area (Ribby Hall and Blackpool FC hotel) where you get more for your money.

Stayed for a 'big' birthday in March, no mention of it, again for 3 nights in April, then 3 nights for wedding anniversary 26th to 29th June. No mention of it on arrival or in room.

The restaurant staff have much improved since our last visit, the young woman who served us was excellent.

Lots of parking available in The Grand, but Grand 22 tiny car park for busy nights.

Very clean, the cleaning staff are excellent and very friendly also.

Check in literally 30 seconds, just picked card up from front desk.

Lovely place, but lacking the personal touches and customer service that makes a hotel a favourite. Manager very good, always responds on here etc, but front of house staff as surly as usual.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear seahorsesparkle - tommy pip

Firstly I must thank you for yet another visit to the hotel, your custom is much appreciated and I certainly don’t want to loose you to another venue.

I do agree with you that we need to recognise repeat customers more, especially special dates!

It’ s amazing some people have the ability to remember a face after meeting them only once.
Personally I wouldn’t recognise my own mother if she walked through the door, however I recognised your pseudo name instantly, amazing!

What I need to do is make our new software work for us to help with this task.
We have changed our systems multiple times over the last year or so and never transfered our full customer profiles into the new system as it would have been too costly and time consuming exercise.

So please, next time you book drop me an email and I will ensure you are greeted to a higher standard and hope to see you in person!

Regards

derrick@the-grand.co.uk
Keighley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The grand is well named beautiful rooms swimming pool and gym to die for the interior is totaly fantastic with views over the sea the food is fantastic the staff couldn't do enough for you with a smile every time if you want luxury this is the place to be not the cheapest of places but definetly the best breakfast in bed if required I'll return any time

Room Tip: Make sure you book well in advance has it's always busy corner suites are in a turret with great...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ken D

Thank you for the review, recommending us others and for advising people to book early!
I’m delighted you had a good stay, enjoyed the facilities and will return in the future.

dee1402
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We have just returned from a perfect break at the Grand Hotel, Lytham St Anne's. We were originally booked to go there last week but my mother sadly passed away so we were unable to go for the holiday we had planned. My husband called the hotel to explain what the situation was and they very kindly moved our booking (although we couldn't find an available room when we looked online).

We had a beautiful room, overlooking a lovely 'fairy garden' and a great view out to sea. It has been most relaxing and it's a long time since I've enjoyed a hotel this much. The food in the hotel was nice and the only thing I could have a small grumble about was the fact that the milk (for our coffee) was not replenished and I had to go looking for milk.

Anyone looking for a holiday in this area should seriously consider the Grand Hotel - my Husband and I will definitely be back.

Well done Grand Hotel.

Dee Sinclair

Room Tip: Ask for a Superior room with a sea view - well worth the little extra!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dee1402
Fyldecoaster, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear dee1402

We were obviously sorry to hear the sad news regarding your mother and were happy to help in anyway we could.

I’m nice to know we made a good impression and you had the “perfect break,” I’m sure you deserved it!

I’d like to thank you for recommending us to other travellers, it is the best form of marketing and we sincerely appreciate it!

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Simply the best, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when I visit lytham.
Just back from 2night stay,
Excellent treatment from reception to spa.
Will look forward to my return in December.
Bar , makes a wonderful gin and tonic!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Glenda T

You're "Simply The Best," thank you for a great five star review, the whole team do appreciate it.

See you again soon